BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

That’s not the case Rev and you know it 😡 without any serious knowledge or background information added to speculation spouted across social media and reading into Waggots words we suddenly have the answer to everything when in fact we don’t have any answers at all. I am not a fan of waggot at all but ultimately rovers will have to cut their cloth. I don’t foresee the academy being closed down same with the DS and the ladies team. That’s my view

4 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

That’s not the case Rev and you know it 😡 

What isn't the case?

Waggott has said the schemes have to be cross financed! I actually think that the potential lack of any training facilities for a period is the least of the worries with this scheme.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

Tonight's 'Virtual Match Sponsor' is 'Rovers Select' - our in house competition. Last week it was the Community Trust.

Anyone worrying about revenues and book balancing would be better getting some sponsors on board rather than simply promoting the clubs own brands. No external cash coming in.

My local amateur cricket club manages to find 20 odd match sponsors a season to raise funds. Why can't Rovers?

Steve’s abit busy at the moment 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

There is again some pure speculation on here as regards the academy. I have not seen one iota of a shred of evidence to support any suggestion Rovers are getting rid or downsizing to a lower category. 

It is a pure matter of fact that Rovers will have to concentrate on this aspect of their footballing operation for the future because quite simply we won’t have the financial structure to do otherwise.

From the u23 match yesterday I would suggest there are at least 6 if not more players that could be considered excellent prospects and if we can secure JRC, Nyambe and Rothwell to contracts then it suggests a bright future.

I am prepared to wait and see the results of the public enquiry and planning application before taking it forward. 

1 member suggests the billionaire owners want to raise funds by selling when they should be putting in from their pockets, we need those pockets for the footballing operation, pitch and stadium upkeep. By selling we don’t encroach ffp rules.

2 sites are 19 acres each, give or take a yard or two. 

So half the footprint to incorporate both sites into one 19 acre site 'supposedly'?

Check out the plans for the new proposed site: there are 89 parking spaces. 

Enough said?

It's bugger all to do with the owners, waken up FFS!

14 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

There is again some pure speculation on here as regards the academy. I have not seen one iota of a shred of evidence to support any suggestion Rovers are getting rid or downsizing to a lower category. 

It is a pure matter of fact that Rovers will have to concentrate on this aspect of their footballing operation for the future because quite simply we won’t have the financial structure to do otherwise.

From the u23 match yesterday I would suggest there are at least 6 if not more players that could be considered excellent prospects and if we can secure JRC, Nyambe and Rothwell to contracts then it suggests a bright future.

I am prepared to wait and see the results of the public enquiry and planning application before taking it forward. 

1 member suggests the billionaire owners want to raise funds by selling when they should be putting in from their pockets, we need those pockets for the footballing operation, pitch and stadium upkeep. By selling we don’t encroach ffp rules.

Capitol expenditure isn't covered under FFP Venkys could spend 100 million on a new training ground and a stadium revamp, same if they sold Ewood that cannot be offset against FFP 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PeteJD13 said:

Capitol expenditure isn't covered under FFP Venkys could spend 100 million on a new training ground and a stadium revamp, same if they sold Ewood that cannot be offset against FFP 

Exactly. If the Rao's wanted to be more fondly remembered for their legacy they could spruce the 3 newer sides of Ewood Park up, rebuild the Riverside and upgrade the existing training facilities to state of the art standard without any FFP implications.

Instead we're seeing Ewood fall into disrepair and half the training facilities being sold off although I don't believe the latter scheme has originated from them and who knows what they've been told by those on the ground at Ewood.

• Like 7

There is absolutely no reason to sell the land - unless Venkys are going to stop underwriting annual losses.

I can’t say I would blame them. Surely it can’t go on forever. However, if that’s the case then they should be more involved in the football side of things (governance, not team selection) and holding the CEO responsible for failure and in turn them holding the manager responsible for failure.

Right now failure looks like being unable to get promoted, being unable to make good player recruitment investments which turn a profit at the right time (with replacements lined up) and continuing to make season on season losses as a result.

It’s entirely possible that this “failure of recruitment-sale-replacement” question has been asked by Venkys and the blame has now been deflected onto the facilities not being up to scratch, and once again Venkys have bought it (presumably because they like the messengers, nice men, like-family-members who work hard).

At most clubs the buck stops with the manager. Here it only starts with the owners, who are invisible and silent. Maybe they are visionaries and have some grand plan? Maybe they could share it with someone? Or at least someone who cares more about Blackburn Rovers interests than their own.

But if they aren’t visionaries then they need to get a copy of the football club owner’s playbook and educate themselves.

When you step back from it all and look at everything that has happened, everything that is happening, and everything that I’d planned out could happen, it’s a bit of a surreal picture. The question still remains: how is it all going to end? (And when?)

• Like 8

16 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Richard it’s about opinions and if you really believe Rovers are going to put a huge pause in the football operation and structure you are clearly not in the picture about how successful they are behind the scenes.

What's that mean?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Stuart said:

There is absolutely no reason to sell the land - unless Venkys are going to stop underwriting annual losses.

I can’t say I would blame them. Surely it can’t go on forever. However, if that’s the case then they should be more involved in the football side of things (governance, not team selection) and holding the CEO responsible for failure and in turn them holding the manager responsible for failure.

Right now failure looks like being unable to get promoted, being unable to make good player recruitment investments which turn a profit at the right time (with replacements lined up) and continuing to make season on season losses as a result.

It’s entirely possible that this “failure of recruitment-sale-replacement” question has been asked by Venkys and the blame has now been deflected onto the facilities not being up to scratch, and once again Venkys have bought it (presumably because they like the messengers, nice men, like-family-members who work hard).

At most clubs the buck stops with the manager. Here it only starts with the owners, who are invisible and silent. Maybe they are visionaries and have some grand plan? Maybe they could share it with someone? Or at least someone who cares more about Blackburn Rovers interests than their own.

But if they aren’t visionaries then they need to get a copy of the football club owner’s playbook and educate themselves.

When you step back from it all and look at everything that has happened, everything that is happening, and everything that I’d planned out could happen, it’s a bit of a surreal picture. The question still remains: how is it all going to end? (And when?)

But it needn't be this way! That is the most frustrating thing!!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

A few things that aren't speculation or hypothetical:

1) The club didn't announce this, the plans were outed by fans. 

2) There are contradictions in Waggots statement (for example he both says it's to generate money AND that it will take all money to do the revamp).

3) Venkys have been taken in before. 

4) The three people in charge are the three who were there when Coventry sold their stadium.

5) Venkys Custodians haven't taken good care of Ewood. 

6) Training facilities can be upgraded outside of FFP. 

Now thats before any speculation or any analysis is applied to the situation. And just from that surface level summary of the situation I think even a neutral observer of those facts would be worried and probably think there's likely something untoward in this. 

👋👋👋👋    Spot on Blue blood!! (slight amendment)

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 1

Anger from the residents of Brockhall Village.

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/campaigners-say-blackburn-rovers-development-19953691

Waggott has said that the money from the sale of the STC would fund the development of the current Academy site, in fact the owners might have to be approached to stump up more cash if needed. So really what is the point of all the upheaval? The only positive suggestion from Waggott was that the manager could walk across couple of pitches to watch the youngsters train.  It's a two minute drive or five minute walk.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

A few things that aren't speculation or hypothetical:

1) The club didn't announce this, the plans were outed by fans. 

2) There are contradictions in Waggots statement (for example he both says it's to generate money AND that it will take all money to do the revamp).

3) Venkys have been taken in before. 

4) The three people in charge are the three who were there when Coventry sold their stadium.

5) Venkys haven't taken good care of Ewood. 

6) Training facilities can be upgraded outside of FFP. 

Now thats before any speculation or any analysis is applied to the situation. And just from that surface level summary of the situation I think even a neutral observer of those facts would be worried and probably think there's likely something untoward in this. 

Completely agree.

Not sure if 4) is strictly correct. Waggott was brought in (I think) by the Company that took over the footballing side of Coventry City Otium Entertainment Ltd after the Football Club had gone into administration and after that Company had already acquired the Football Club's assets for a snip.

However, without having the exact time scale in front of me, subsequently upon his appointment Waggott became a Director of Otium Entertainment and at a later date brought Mowbray to Coventry as manager, Mowbray presumably then brought Venus in.

At some point there was a scheme hatched to sell Coventry's training ground for housing with their Chairman also a Director of Otium (not Waggott) saying it was not an asset stripping exercise but a plan "to get everything under one roof".

Sound familiar?

Waggott left Coventry not that long after Mowbray was appointed seemingly to pursue other interests as a Consultant and resigned his Directorship of Otium. Venus then became a Director of Otium at some point before also later resigning.

Can't remember exactly what happened with Coventry's training ground think someone on here (Hoochie) said Sport England blocked the sale of the training ground until a new facility could be built and new owners renovated the existing one but basically it is still at risk.

• Like 1

On 08/03/2021 at 23:38, AllRoverAsia said:

Of course it is!

It certainly crossed my mind.

However, I would like to see the honest working out.

How much does the academy cost?

What does it deliver in terms of players to the first team, player sales?

Of the players we have picked up from other clubs, e.g. Travis from Liverpool, JRC from Man U, 1) What ages did they come to Rovers?

2) Did our Cat 1 status have any bearing on the capture of Travis et al ?

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Anger from the residents of Brockhall Village.

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/campaigners-say-blackburn-rovers-development-19953691

Waggott has said that the money from the sale of the STC would fund the development of the current Academy site, in fact the owners might have to be approached to stump up more cash if needed. So really what is the point of all the upheaval? The only positive suggestion from Waggott was that the manager could walk across couple of pitches to watch the youngsters train.  It's a two minute drive or five minute walk.

Tony, 38 acres divided by 2 does not equal the sum of the same. Never mind a Cat 1 Academy, 89 proposed parking spaces on the 'new combined centre' down the hill suggests there are no thoughts of having an Academy of any description.

You and I have both been down there on a Sunday, when the youngsters are playing, you can't park now!

We need to sort and see these bastards off, Jack's Legacy will disappear into pockets of folk that have no allegiance whatsoever to BRFC. Anyone who thinks differently, with respect, needs to seek medical assistance.

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

That would be a shame. They'd have to sell the rest then. 

Or shelve it, cram everyone in and use the (already swallowed up) money for something else. 

Running costs including contracts for ex Boro players.

Then exit stage left.

• Like 1