BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m no planning expert, so if anyone that is wants to put my mind at rest to what’s currently lodged with Ribble Valley Council.

https://www.ribblevalley.gov.uk/site/scripts/planx_details.php?appNumber=3%2F2021%2F0175

EB6C637E-7990-4A24-A0C7-A7149069E476.png

Tony doesn't do formations so maybe he doesn't see the need for training either? 

Sarcasm aside, this is concerning. 

The plot thickens. Looks as if they want to build new consolidated Senior/Academy facilities on the existing Academy site as they are flogging off the Senior Training Centre site for housing?

https://www.ribblevalley.gov.uk/planningApplication/32735?fbclid=IwAR3eiJtGgMqK04wYuSPsxx8roAwE2MFbtZ-RZNsFzU8y-YKEU_PjqR--Srk

923EDD7C-14F9-4533-A4FB-0E08D8F2F3F5.png

Edited by Mattyblue

• Herbie6590 changed the title to Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic

Is that what a 'screening opinion' is, an enviromental assessment? And is that requested after planning opinion is already given? I have no idea on these things.

Also, I thought Brockhall had been reg's as a community asset or something like that, and couldn't therefore be sold for anything other than sporting purposes?

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

The plot thickens. Looks as if they want to build new consolidated Senior/Academy facilities on the existing Academy site as they are flogging off the Senior Training Centre site for housing?

https://www.ribblevalley.gov.uk/planningApplication/32735?fbclid=IwAR3eiJtGgMqK04wYuSPsxx8roAwE2MFbtZ-RZNsFzU8y-YKEU_PjqR--Srk

923EDD7C-14F9-4533-A4FB-0E08D8F2F3F5.png

I’ve Tweeted some thoughts from BRFCS - trying to think of a benign explanation...

- obtain planning permission, increase value of assets in the balance sheet, window dressing exercise

- frees up some equity from the estate...move the STC to another site ?

BUT...more likely...sell off part of the land, consolidate into smaller site, cash inflow reduces debt owed to VLL.

This is what I feared would happen 8 or 9 years ago TBH.

For the club to not issue a press release suggests they hoped it wouldn’t get picked up or they don’t care what we think.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

I’ve Tweeted some thoughts from BRFCS - trying to think of a benign explanation...

- obtain planning permission, increase value of assets in the balance sheet, window dressing exercise

BUT...more likely...sell off part of the land, consolidate into smaller site, cash inflow reduces debt owed to VLL.

For the club to not issue a press release suggests they hoped it wouldn’t get picked up or they don’t care what we think.

I suspect the latter !!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

What was the 'community asset' thing that some people got Brockhall registered as a few years ago?