BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

7 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

What was the 'community asset' thing that some people got Brockhall registered as a few years ago?

They got it for the ground but not sure on this one i've half a mind the club objected and won on that one. Would certainly make sense now.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

They got it for the ground but not sure on this one i've half a mind the club objected and won on that one. Would certainly make sense now.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/15658246.rovers-trust-disappointed-bid-make-brockhall-asset-community-value-rejected/

ACV status rejected for Brockhall in 2017.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I wonder is this how they are funding the new Riverside stand and £2 million new pitch (sarcasm).

You could well be right though it's just the type of thing some might 'pitch' to the owners.  Commission to be had all over the place with this kind of thing if you know the right firms to do it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

You could well be right though it's just the type of thing some might 'pitch' to the owners.  Commission to be had all over the place with this kind of thing if you know the right firms to do it.

Yep. The V’s wouldn’t have a clue what we do and don’t need ‘football’ wise. Certainly been advised/tipped off here, 100%.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

This one has Waggott's grubby fingers all over it. He's here on the promise of boosting the coffers and cutting dependence on India. He'll have had his sticky eyes on the potential and value of Brockhall since the day he arrived and will see it as a relatively quick and obvious way of bringing in millions in one swoop. 

I'd rather we hadn't bought Sam Gallagher but hey ho.

There will be uproar about this but hiding away in London with retirement in sight he'll be off before there's any trouble.

• Like 2

Just now, LDRover said:

Why do I do it? Just been on FB and it's being spun as BRFC moving with the times.

Unbelievable

I can't read it. Those people would see the good side if we demolished Ewood to rent at Turf Moor. 

These are the fools who Waggott will have wrapped around his little finger.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

170 units at average of 400000 a house is approx 68million gross development value

‘Well realistically we’re sh*te at our jobs so can’t get you the £170m that promotion would bring. But do you fancy a quick £60m? If so, we’ll take a share too and keep our jobs for as long as like, doing what we want with minimal interference.’

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

2 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Why do I do it? Just been on FB and it's being spun as BRFC moving with the times.

Unbelievable

It’s one thing people trying to convince themselves of such an idea to help them sleep. But to peddle this kind of clap trap in public...?

Sadly the little and loud portion of our fanbase are firmly bought into the Mowbray and Waggott ethos that we are a ‘small club’.

We really are doomed with these idiots at the helm. And we thought Elliott Bennett at full back was the worst of it!

• Like 1

Two ways they'll sell this to the fans:

Developing one site after selling the other will raise money to enable better and more modern facilities to be built (it won't, because they won't pay for better facilities than those already there, they'll do it on the cheap) I doubt there's even room down there to build an indoor centre big enough for the academy and senior squad with parking, ground staff etc.

Mowbray will sell it as an important step to 'consolidate' the academy and senior squads with them training together and will help 'link' them more closely (it won't).

• Like 2