BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

Something that sticks out to me is the application to merge the two centres.

https://www.ribblevalley.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/11287/land_at_blackburn_rovers_training_centre_and_academy.pdf

If you scroll to page 14 of that is lists the facilities at either training centre. How is it going to be possible to merge those facilities and maintain the standard?

For a start, the car parking alone will be cut considerably, meaning less bodies in the centres.

They are going to need squeeze pitches, pools, treatment rooms, boot rooms, changing rooms all into one smaller space. It is a downgrade and there is nothing else that can be said. In this respect the only possibility is to build upwards but you can be damn sure that won't be allowed for in the planning application, or at least I'd assume not!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

When has Waggott made these sort of comments? 

I can't just find the original quotes - I'm sure he made them soon after his arrival but have looked and can't find them.

If we look at the Fans Forum Minutes from July 2018 he mentions it:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/contentassets/72f15c4f64fc46be88e3fa7646577133/ff-minutes-9-7-18.pdf

Interesting that he was already publicly admitting these plans mere months after his arrival at the club and now here we are. This has been in the pipeline for years with this mon.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The trees top left are on the river bank. Scale shown bottom right.

I do not know who owns surrounding small fields between JTC and river.

Not much room to build a fully functional STC/JTC big enough to house ALL teams and buildings/carpark etc etc. IMO.

Capture1.JPG

Dunny owns most of the surrounding land!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Something that sticks out to me is the application to merge the two centres.

https://www.ribblevalley.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/11287/land_at_blackburn_rovers_training_centre_and_academy.pdf

If you scroll to page 14 of that is lists the facilities at either training centre. How is it going to be possible to merge those facilities and maintain the standard?

For a start, the car parking alone will be cut considerably, meaning less bodies in the centres.

They are going to need squeeze pitches, pools, treatment rooms, boot rooms, changing rooms all into one smaller space. It is a downgrade and there is nothing else that can be said. In this respect the only possibility is to build upwards but you can be damn sure that won't be allowed for in the planning application, or at least I'd assume not!

Precisely. There isn't the space without going onto the existing grass down there, and when you start doing that you lose pitches. 

The cynic in me is telling me there's no intention whatsoever of maintaining or improving the current facilites, it's just get everyone down there and make do with what we have. If we lose Category A status through having inadequate facilities then that's another bonus for them - saves a few million a year and can blame ever more stringent requirements.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

For the accountants out there - if we got planning permission would it help the club appear more solvent (I.e against even more loans) - I presume the clubs assets would increase in value (even if the land wasn't sold) ?

Could well be to use as security for future external loans. I think part of the reason they pap on about squad value is to satisfy lenders there is enough claw back value there.

However this regarding the land and training center is something Waggot touched on when he first arrived i believe. It could well be the reason or part of it he ended up here in the first place.

Why after so many years ducking. diving and window dressing did they suddenly appoint a bona fide chief exec on 300k ?  Not only that but one who has links to this kind of things AND the coach/dof in situ who also does.

Seems to me they were looking for this kind of expertise, by the way where is Pasha the mysterious middleman ?

• Like 2

Is this a good time to suggest that more fans join the Rovers Trust? If these plans go ahead the Trust will presumably want to put a case before a Planning Committee.

Hiring experts to assist costs money.

Only £10 a year---surely everyone can afford that to save an asset supposedly bequeathed to us by Jack?

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Roverall said:

The whole thing is just as much a mystery as it was in 2010. Why are they still here? What's the point?

That really is the 197 million pound question. On their first day I thought we were nothing more than a vanity project for them to brag in the sub continent how they owned an English premier league side. Clearly wasn’t that as still here no one is arsed about a mid table championship side in their circles I’d wager. Then I thought they were asset stripping but that turned out just to be Steve Kean’s incompetence getting rid of any one of value replacing them with dross.

It’s a mystery. They’re still here running the club into the ground at personal expense to them. The whole sorry saga is unfathomable. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Once a clubs fixed assets are gone they are gone forever this kind of thing only usually happens when they are really facing financial hardship.

This is the worrying bit IMO. Once a business starts to sell assets to raise cash just to pay the bills, it's only heading one way.

I wonder if the club are now latching onto latest government initiatives to push through new housing stock applications. I don't know what the situation is in RV, but over here in Chorley, the council are under pressure to free up more land to so they meet their build quota. See Pear Tree Lane at Euxton as an example.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

This is the worrying bit IMO. Once a business starts to sell assets to raise cash just to pay the bills, it's only heading one way.

I wonder if the club are now latching onto latest government initiatives to push through new housing stock applications. I don't know what the situation is in RV, but over here in Chorley, the council are under pressure to free up more land to so they meet their build quota. See Pear Tree Lane at Euxton as an example.

However its come about and whatever the reason at the end of the day it's a downscale and a cash grab.  Sell off land, condense training center, allegedly reduce running costs and make money in the process.

It's a middlemans dream scenario and some will have had there eye on this for a long time. People will be making money out of it for themselves along the chain whether it's being done for right reasons or not.

That all adds weight to suspicion and given the form at Rovers under Venkys all that doubles. With the faraway absent ownership as well it is still all too easy to spot opportunities and exert influence that wouldn't happen at other clubs.

It's worrying and if Venkys disappeared overnight, or stopped funding, in years to come and Waggot & co have long flown the nest it leaves a big hole where once there was a well to draw from if desperate.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

As many have alluded to this just kicks another of Jack Walkers investments and legacies into the long grass. That is the saddest aspect for me. Shysters like Waggott are simply disrespecting everything that Jack did for the club and town. And the owners have overseen a decade of scaling down but this is unforgivable and they are shameless, arrogant people.

What next? Melting Jacks statue down for scrap.

maybe we should be thinking of relocating jacks statue to front of town hall to keep it out of V's way

• Like 4