BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Very literally....

The club should have release the plans themselves not have us finding out like this.

They could have done interviews with media and show their digital building blueprints for new training facility online. 

Just want them to be open and honest with us

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

The club should have release the plans themselves not have us finding out like this.

They could have done interviews with media and show their digital building blueprints for new training facility online. 

Just want them to be open and honest with us

And if they thought it was something to be proud of they would be shouting it from the rooftops. Particularly in these lean patches to sidetrack from the manager. They’ve tried to stealth this through and I smell a Waggott sized rat. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

At least he is willing to cover the story. Not many national journalists arent interested in Rovers

Sharpe is waiting for Rovers to release a statement before running a story..

Very fair point chaddy. Would Henry Winter be interested?

Just now, bluebruce said:

Have to say Chaddy, I'm appreciating that you're not adopting a positive spin position on this one, and are willing to criticise and push for answers. You haven't been suckered by the press release like the FB mob, and you know we all, and the club, deserve better. Respect for that.

Well said.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, matt83 said:

And if they thought it was something to be proud of they would be shouting it from the rooftops. Particularly in these lean patches to sidetrack from the manager. They’ve tried to stealth this through and I smell a Waggott sized rat. 

That's my point. You would have thought..

I look forward to seeing the digital building plans and video on our new state of the art training facility in the future. 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Asked Sharpe why is the academy site more suitable than senior training centre? 

His answer was privacy and also bigger area

IF its a choice of the 2 he's correct. It's also damper down there near the river.

The STC is also probably the more likely to obtain building permission as nearer main access roads etc.

Venus knows his way.

• Backroom

Social media is receiving the news very positively and I have to admit if that statement came out rather than a leak of plans I would be a little less suspicious.

The statement refers to selling the land to fund it, I’m assuming we wouldn’t sell the land before constructing the new site so would we be borrowing money in the meantime to build the new site? 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, den said:

They could develop an elite training facility without selling a huge chunk of it for housing. 

That’s just bullshit to say otherwise.

Spot on.

Brockhall is also a vast estate with a sizeable chunk having been previously unused. I'd have felt easier if a small chunk had been sold off for housing and the existing sites were to remain untouched.

Then, if you want to upgrade or modernise them feel free. This just feels like trying to squeeze every drop of profit they can out of the land and trying to shoehorn the Club's training centre into as small a building as possible.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Have to say Chaddy, I'm appreciating that you're not adopting a positive spin position on this one, and are willing to criticise and push for answers. You haven't been suckered by the press release like the FB mob, and you know we all, and the club, deserve better. Respect for that.

I'm annoyed at the lack of communication from the club before the applications went in. Why not communicate the plans to us 1st? 

Plus I want to see the digital plans of the new training facility. Plus answers to my questions. 

Yes it would be great to have state of art modern training facility with us keeping category one academy status as well improve in all training facilities we need in football and have one of the facilities in.the football worls. No problem but just be open and honest with us. If they have done that then we would be less angry and annoyed with them. Is that too much to ask for from the club? 

3 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Very fair point chaddy. Would Henry Winter be interested?

Dont know

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

This really does feel like the beginning of the end.

The final disrespect to Jack's legacy. He would never have entertained such a notion because financially he didn't need to. Seemingly the Rao's are way richer than the Walkers so why do they need to do it either?

It also stinks to high heaven that something along these lines happened at Coventry and look at the state they've been in over the years. My dislike for the Coventry mafia of Mowbray Venus and Waggott has now hit new heights. Anyone still in any doubt they're only interested in feathering their own nests?

Not surprised the news was relayed to the LT by "a Club spokesman" and that no one has the courage to put their name to it.

It’s time for Rich Sharpe and his fellow Rovers reporting colleagues to get out of their ‘Dack was a 6, Elliott was a 7’ comfort zone and do what they are actually trained as - journalists. 

What are the links with Coventry? What is Venus’ role? Who is pushing this within the club? Why does the statement make no reference to one of the club’s other remaining Crown Jewels  - Cat A status, speaking of mere ‘pathways’.

The fanbase often takes what the club says at face value, as that’s all they are exposed to - Sharpe, Crooke, Bayes - time to stand up.

• Like 8

If I trusted the people at the club then I wouldn't have a problem with the proposal (although worrying that there was no mention of Cat 1 status). But given how the club has been run in recent years and how this came out I fear that there will be no state of the art facilities but rather facilities built on the cheap. 

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Asked Sharpe why is the academy site more suitable than senior training centre? 

His answer was privacy and also bigger area

I've been down there and from memory the opposite is the case, the site where the senior facility is located is far bigger with all the outdoor pitches.

Of the two buildings, the Academy one was I think built later and regarded as the more modern facility but in a much more compact area.

Do you think there could just possibly be any connection with this little lot of inter-connected companies?🤔

All registered in Seychelles:

Venus Consultancy Limited, Mawry Import LLP, Aurora Marketing Limited, Monter Impex Limited, Solter Management Limited, Wertion Corporation.

One solitary one registered in Belize:

Poramto Group Inc.

Mowbray, Venus and Waggott can fuck right off!!!

"Mark Hughes' Blue and White Army" !!!

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 3

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

you might want to say who 'we' is and provide a link.

Just sayin😉

1 hour ago, yoda's brother said:

how do you join ?

58 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

🤔

Sorry guys, I thought people knew I'm Acting Rovers Trust Sec. Here's the link:

https://www.roverstrust.com/

• Like 1

The lack of communication from the club about this was very poor and there's no doubt this statement is in reaction to an eagle eyed supporter seeing the planning application. All poor communication does is allow conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory to be pumped out there. 

I don't believe this is a sinister attempt by Venky's to claw some money back from the club. The fact the players have recently had to train at Ewood when bad weather hit would suggest the training facilities aren't quite fit for purpose anymore.

Plus, isn't it commonplace for the top clubs to have one training complex for their senior and academy squad?