BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's my point. You would have thought..

I look forward to seeing the digital building plans and video on our new state of the art training facility in the future. 

Spot on. I was at Camp Nou last year - admittedly this is on a different scale and planet - but Barca have mock ups of their plans for redevelopment of the stadium and the surrounding area. It's all about engaging with the fan base and bringing them along.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Starting to wonder if we, as a fan base overall, deserve any better if we are going to be all in favour of things like this. I've already given up on the country on similar grounds.

Agree. Has to make me wonder if it is worth fighting for when a chunk of our fans are happy to see them abuse this great club however they like. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I've been down there and from memory the opposite is the case, the site where the senior facility is located is far bigger with all the outdoor pitches.

Of the two buildings, the Academy one was I think built later and regarded as the more modern facility but in a much more compact area.

I have been to both but now, looking on Google, it looks a close thing in total area size.

STC has a much bigger building and the pitches set out differently.

I still do not believe that the JTC is big enough to house all the footballing activities to accommodate even the current set-up. Something will go.

Anyway we are where we are which my reckoning is well on the way to being fecked over.

FB will have forgotten by now that the plans were revealed BEFORE anyone at the Club saw fit to mention it.

• Like 1

Just now, Wheelton Blue said:

Spot on. I was at Camp Nou last year - admittedly this is on a different scale and planet - but Barca have mock ups of their plans for redevelopment of the stadium and the surrounding area. It's all about engaging with the fan base and bringing them along.

Which funnily enough rovers were doing, they had similar models at ewood, which you could look at on the ground tour. Of what they wanted to do with riverside etc, but these lot don’t give a shit.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm annoyed at the lack of communication from the club before the applications went in. Why not communicate the plans to us 1st? 

Plus I want to see the digital plans of the new training facility. Plus answers to my questions. 

Yes it would be great to have state of art modern training facility with us keeping category one academy status as well improve in all training facilities we need in football and have one of the facilities in.the football worls. No problem but just be open and honest with us. If they have done that then we would be less angry and annoyed with them. Is that too much to ask for from the club? 

Dont know

You're right, this hasn't been done the proper way at all and reflects poorly on the club. It is also worrying, as some have said with the present regime's links to selling off land at Cov. Your list of questions was a good one and we need answers to those and other things.

Personally I'm curious, now that there have been two conflicting posts, on whether the STC or JTC is the bigger site.

I want to know how any of this will stop us needing to train on Ewood in bad weather ever again.

I want to know why the unused land that has been mentioned couldn't have been sold instead.

I want to know how our facilities, often spoken highly of by players who sign, are not good enough and how they're going to be made good enough.

Also, given some often tell us Venkys will spend when asked to, but are limited by FFP...I'm almost certain that training ground and other infrastructure costs have nothing to do with FFP? I'm sure I remember that being said. So if the Vs were as willing as is claimed we shouldn't need to be selling off any assets to do this.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Asked Sharpe why is the academy site more suitable than senior training centre? 

His answer was privacy and also bigger area

That’s a quote straight from Mowbray.

Funny thing is, it might be more private now, but another 170 houses on the doorstep makes that argument a bit redundant.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s time for Rich Sharpe and his fellow Rovers reporting colleagues to get out of their ‘Dack was a 6, Elliott was a 7’ comfort zone and do what they are actually trained as - journalists. 

What are the links with Coventry? What is Venus’ role? Who is pushing this within the club? Why does the statement make no reference to one of the club’s other remaining Crown Jewels  - Cat A status, speaking of mere ‘pathways’.

The fanbase often takes what the club says at face value, as that’s all they are exposed to - Sharpe, Crooke, Bayes - time to stand up.

This will be difficult to do yet. The planning application will only mention the land owner - Rovers - so it will take a leak to find out developers, Venus’ role etc. 

What does need some investigating is the similarities between management team at Coventry and here. The ultimate end result. Did they promise to reinvest the money gained at Cov? Is the same consultant involved? Sharpe has a lot to get his teeth into and he better do it otherwise I don’t think sections of this fan base will forgive him. 

As for the people happy about it they are selling themselves short. We were never consulted. Fans ARE the stakeholders of this club - without us there is no Blackburn Rovers so this idea we are indebted to Venkys is ridiculous. I’m not happy about it but I am at least slightly relieved the planning apps are linked and one development cannot be done without the other. My next concern moves to the facilities they plan to build. To date they haven’t done anything better than Jack....and he did it “30 years ago”. Time to change? I suspect not. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

This will be difficult to do yet. The planning application will only mention the land owner - Rovers - so it will take a leak to find out developers, Venus’ role etc. 

What does need some investigating is the similarities between management team at Coventry and here. The ultimate end result. Did they promise to reinvest the money gained at Cov? Is the same consultant involved? Sharpe has a lot to get his teeth into and he better do it otherwise I don’t think sections of this fan base will forgive him. 

As for the people happy about it they are selling themselves short. We were never consulted. Fans ARE the stakeholders of this club - without us there is no Blackburn Rovers so this idea we are indebted to Venkys is ridiculous. I’m not happy about it but I am at least slightly relieved the planning apps are linked and one development cannot be done without the other. My next concern moves to the facilities they plan to build. To date they haven’t done anything better than Jack....and he did it “30 years ago”. Time to change? I suspect not. 

Of course it will be difficult, and it might take a while to get the full story. Good, investigative journalism is often a long, frustrating process.

But Sharpe at al need to get their feelers out now

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Wasn't it only in the summer that the Club were crowing about having installed new state of the art technology and facilities at the existing sites?

Yep Damien Johnson video analysis video, JTC looks to far to the top of it, will need a new infrastructure if your putting traffic through the place for a new training ground.

Why change something which isn’t broken and is the envy of most other clubs already? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Wasn't it only in the summer that the Club were crowing about having installed new state of the art technology and facilities at the existing sites?

Ah yes I meant to ask about that too. Surely that will be wasted expenditure if this goes through? Although they may be able to move it relatively cheaply I guess.

34 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

So the statement confirms they want to sell half of the facility to build houses and the money raised used to build the new training facility.

i.e. Both or Neither.

"The club wishes to make clear that the two pre-planning applications are inextricably linked,"

The happy clappers can't read and think we are investing in a new training facility. Some even think money will go into buying players.

Nope. 

Selling the assets.

Never good news.

Death Spiral.

And of course one has to happen before the other. Which means things can change. Look what happened to the Jordan Rhodes money.

Some fans are getting the club they deserve. I just wish the rest of us weren’t getting one we don’t.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Jack rebuilt the Riverside

Jack rebuilt the BBE

Jack rebuilt the DE

Jack rebuilt the Nuttall St

Jack rebuilt the team

Jack built the training facility

Jack built the Academy

Jack made us Champions

This was all for Blackburn, Blackburn Rovers, Rovers fans. No catch. His gift to us.

Venkys took us to the 3rd division

Venkys made us a laughing stock

Venkys have not invested anything zilch in the infrasture of the assets.

Pitch

Stadium

Riverside

Surrounding area.

Even St Barts is the same as when demolished i.e. eyesore

Now they want to sell the assets.

They are scumbags and don't give a flying fuck about Blackburn, Blackburn Rovers, Rovers fans.

Not entirely fair - some of these things have actually deteriorated under Venkys 😛 Saying it's the same is too generous!

• Like 1

Spot on @OldEwoodBlue but, sadly, we are now owned and managed by grifters who have no respect for the Club, its fans or the great little Town of BWD.

I have witnessed many things in my 60 years of following Rovers, I'm sorry that I am still around to witness the End of Days.

The FB lot I just ignore or, rather stupidly in the bigger picture, insult ... but they are victims too. They just don't know it yet.

• Like 4