BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

11 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Newspaper article from 2016. The Coventry City club statement sounds familiar. Not sure what the outcome was. Anyone know if the houses were built or if Coventry got a new inspirational training ground ?

Dozens of homes could be built on Coventry City football club's training ground in Rugby.

The site at Ryton-on-Dunsmore is suitable for up to 75 properties, according to the borough council's draft local plan.

A club statement said the six-acre site would not be built on until a replacement training site was found.

"The objective is to relocate to a new modern site, which will act as an inspirational environment and will better serve the needs of the football club as a whole," it said.

Ah, Waggott does a copy and paste job, only changing the number of houses and including a reference to state-of-the-art. We all suspect, it won't be state-of-the-art were it ever built.

I don't think the Coventry one ever happened. They claimed that they had identified a site for the new training ground but as of 2018 it was still being considered and last season they upgraded the facilities ready for the Championship.

Maybe its because they got shut of the stooges and haven't looked back since.

• Like 3

Forgive? Forget? Not on your nelly , mate. Will we ever be free of these people, and if we are, will we still have a club left? 

Selling the training ground of for housing would massively hurt. I can only hope they're doing it as one of their final acts before clearing off. But ultimately, I think there's a lot more heartache to come, and venus, Mowbray and swag will be orchestrating if

Still can't believe some people are willing to forgive.. It's a mug attitude alright. I'd be willing to forgive, just as soon as I've stuck my size eleven up their collective arse

_20210221_125029.JPG

Musing out loud...

If this venture is being driven by The Coventry Three, it would be pretty inconvenient for their people's man and assistant to lose their jobs, especially as the other is supposed to be retiring.

SEM/HSH will have to act fast...

Maybe, it would be a good time for another Brockhall resident to rally the peasants on TM's behalf?

Oh wait....A 59/Area '51

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Semantics aside, there is no evidence Venkys signed off on that statement. I doubt very much that they are hands on with the 'redevelopment' of Brockhall. Others will be in charge of that. Like the three stooges.... 

And that is the main cause of concern, mentioned by swaggo when he first popped up but seemed more of a money saving exercise.

Similar at Coventry involving elements or all of the 3 here now, not beyond the realms of fantasy to suggest they've had this in their sights from day 1 . Now the covid losses have given them the owners ear on it. The seed has been sown just in time.

Club then spins it as some sort of fantastic futuristic upgrade and the sheep are all over it.  Then the redtop raggamuffin gives it an altogether different angle more in line with the suspected need for cash being the real reason behind it.

Strange times ahead again just as Mowbray starts adopting worrying traits of the teflon one on and off the pitch !

9 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Drawn up by these people for the club...

60260D12-815C-4728-8F10-BF61FD0518E1.jpeg

Who’s the developer is it Persimmon? They’d do there own site layouts in house if so, there own houses types are standardised so the only time they’d get externals in is for temp works, structural works, topos etc

Last time I dealt professionally they didn’t have archs based in Milton Keynes. They tendered usually to sutcliffes, TWA etc

Edited by StevenSK

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Where will Academy under 18's games take place and the facilities needed to maintain category 1 status? 

Also I was expecting a proper digital insight in our new training complex like ,not just this but what our indoor centre would look like and how many floors will it be on. 

Screenshot (21).png

Why do you think there is no digital imprints. It’s because it’s not and ever going to happen

• Like 4

These were Leicester City plans at the outset

Leicester City's new training ground revealed in incredible images - Leicestershire Live (leicestermercury.co.uk)

Why can't Rovers unveil something like this? Proper detail plans

This is the finish training ground at Leicester City

New Training Ground | Leicester City (lcfc.com)

33 minutes ago, tomphil said:

And that is the main cause of concern, mentioned by swaggo when he first popped up but seemed more of a money saving exercise.

Similar at Coventry involving elements or all of the 3 here now, not beyond the realms of fantasy to suggest they've had this in their sights from day 1 . Now the covid losses have given them the owners ear on it. The seed has been sown just in time.

Club then spins it as some sort of fantastic futuristic upgrade and the sheep are all over it.  Then the redtop raggamuffin gives it an altogether different angle more in line with the suspected need for cash being the real reason behind it.

Strange times ahead again just as Mowbray starts adopting worrying traits of the teflon one on and off the pitch !

I'm increasingly convinced this is and was the case. Maybe not this specific scheme but the idea of all coming in with ckueless and absent owners and making some money out of it. 

170 houses at £300,000 average is £51 million. A lot of that will go to the developer. So what is the land actually worth to the club? £5-10 million. Chicken feed. Will the cost of the land even cover the alleged renovations?

The real question is who stands to earn out of this. My guess is the Coventry Three. As much as I loath the Venkys I just can’t see them being arsed about recouping so little.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks Millers11. What your view on the new training complex and was you expecting a more digital based draw up?

My view is that the training complex is very much an afterthought. The club trying to spin this as progressive seems on the surface a complete untruth.

There’s nothing revolutionary in those plans. We seem to be getting less football pitches and indoor facilities that are, at best, the same as we already have. Certainly no better.

This is all about houses, and therefore money. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

These were Leicester City plans at the outset

Leicester City's new training ground revealed in incredible images - Leicestershire Live (leicestermercury.co.uk)

Why can't Rovers unveil something like this? Proper detail plans

This is the finish training ground at Leicester City

New Training Ground | Leicester City (lcfc.com)

Can’t or won’t. Why submit them now if it’s not what people want it would encourage people to get involved with the rubble parish council and planners to reject it. 

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

No getting around it now - those plans say we can get away with ~50% of the current pitches, plus combine the juniors with the seniors, in a space which is the same size as the current seniors building. 

A huge downscaling operation. 

You guys in the Ribble need a Jackie weaver moment and get into the online parish council meetings for when this is discussed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matt83 said:

Since the Venkys took over the players are worse, the manager is worse, the coaches are worse, the boardroom is worse, the ground is worse, the pitch is worse, the groundstaff are worse. The only thing that maintained its standard was the training ground/academy. Now that’s going the same way as everything else. 

Yep and a substantial amount of fans every time praise them and every step

• Like 2