BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I find it bizarre that anyone's natural instinct based on what has happened to date is to give Venkys the benefit of the doubt.

It’s because we’ve been in League 1, ‘TM is a Moral Man’ and has brought the famed Stability, players keep coming and *Bolton*.

The owners are now beyond reproach with many as there’s still a club in existence down Ewood Park, 2010-2013 may as well be 1910-1913...

(Indeed, if there is anybody that’s a threat to BRFC it’s ‘negative’ fans like me and thee.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The simple answer to your question is this:

Leicester's plans were to genuinely improve the club and its facilities, their owners saw a world class training ground as integral to their future and spared no expense in building 'state of the art' facilities to be proud of

Our plans are to make a few million quid on the quiet no doubt with all sorts of snouts in the trough, condense everything down at the bottom site and cobble together something on the cheap in place of the demolished site.

How anyone can’t see that especially with all the Coventry stuff and the same three involved happen to be here is beyond me

• Like 1

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

How anyone can’t see that especially with all the Coventry stuff and the same three involved happen to be here is beyond me

Because most fans won’t have a clue about Coventry and our local media will be too craven to even investigate, never mind expose it, I’d wager...

• Like 4

Permanent downgrade of assets/facilities to make short term cash which in relative terms probably won’t be much at all.

Aware there are other threads but this is very relevant. Upgrading the coaching staff (very achievable without increasing expenditure much, or even at all) gives the club a much improved chance of getting back to the Prem in the next few years, eventually rendering any financial saving as part of this scheme totally pointless due to the money that comes with top flight status. 

Promotion is obviously never guaranteed. But that would be the sensible strategic play by any competent club in our position. It’s a no brainer.

This scheme is just another symptom of absent owners, a clueless CEO and the halted progress of the football team.

I would ask the club to draw upon whatever brains it has left before committing to this short sighted plan.

Don’t believe the spin.

• Like 6

Having read through the document I have to say that in my personal opinion, I think the proposals seem fine. To the best of my knowledge, we're not using the entire pitch space that we have at both sites combined currently, so if its financially beneficial to downsize & modernise concurrently then I don't have a major issue.

Don't actually think it'll happen because I can imagine the admin/political side of all of this would either halt it completely, or drag it out for years to come. Either way, I hope me throwing my 0.2$ in doesn't cause unnecessary response.

I respect those who oppose these plans, or think badly of them. I also understand apprehension and cynicism towards the owners. Hopefully we can all also respect those who don't oppose the plans or think well of them.

(https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hv0uYmmRjzWeYAq86QASRwnQVDLKRVIb/view?fbclid=IwAR0VP3sidwAB4tk-zy4J3iKnQf7XkTUefUW4h4plqhMYgxvEuQszRbv4k6w)

55 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

Why do you think there is no digital imprints. It’s because it’s not and ever going to happen

They need to be

44 minutes ago, matt83 said:

170 houses at £300,000 average is £51 million. A lot of that will go to the developer. So what is the land actually worth to the club? £5-10 million. Chicken feed. Will the cost of the land even cover the alleged renovations?

The real question is who stands to earn out of this. My guess is the Coventry Three. As much as I loath the Venkys I just can’t see them being arsed about recouping so little.

I think around 20 million pounds probably. Maybe thats what Nicko was highlighting 

44 minutes ago, J*B said:

No getting around it now - those plans say we can get away with ~50% of the current pitches, plus combine the juniors with the seniors, in a space which is the same size as the current seniors building. 

A huge downscaling operation. 

Yes it is. 

We have less pitches to training and what about Category 1 status academy. Asked Crooke to ask the club about this when he can. 

I also want to much more detail plans of what our new training complex will look like digital format(like Leicester did)

44 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

My view is that the training complex is very much an afterthought. The club trying to spin this as progressive seems on the surface a complete untruth.

There’s nothing revolutionary in those plans. We seem to be getting less football pitches and indoor facilities that are, at best, the same as we already have. Certainly no better.

This is all about houses, and therefore money. 

You are corrected Miller11

28 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The simple answer to your question is this:

Leicester's plans were to genuinely improve the club and its facilities, their owners saw a world class training ground as integral to their future and spared no expense in building 'state of the art' facilities to be proud of

Our plans are to make a few million quid on the quiet no doubt with all sorts of snouts in the trough, condense everything down at the bottom site and cobble together something on the cheap in place of the demolished site.

Leicester's plans are detail and their new training ground is to be proud of. We should be aiming for the same

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Aren’t you a club sponsor , Joe?

I have absolutely nothing to gain or lose from the club deciding to merge its training centres. If you've got a problem with me paying some money through my small, new business to sponsor the club I have supported my whole life, then say so. Other than that, I don't see how it has any relevance to my personal opinions on club matters as a supporter. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

But no, I don’t think you are an objective observer, sorry.

What are you suggesting I have to gain or lose from a club decision about where its players train? I sponsor the bloody website & app for Christ sake. 

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Having read through the document I have to say that in my personal opinion, I think the proposals seem fine. To the best of my knowledge, we're not using the entire pitch space that we have at both sites combined currently, so if its financially beneficial to downsize & modernise concurrently then I don't have a major issue.

Don't actually think it'll happen because I can imagine the admin/political side of all of this would either halt it completely, or drag it out for years to come. Either way, I hope me throwing my 0.2$ in doesn't cause unnecessary response.

I respect those who oppose these plans, or think badly of them. I also understand apprehension and cynicism towards the owners. Hopefully we can all also respect those who don't oppose the plans or think well of them.

(https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hv0uYmmRjzWeYAq86QASRwnQVDLKRVIb/view?fbclid=IwAR0VP3sidwAB4tk-zy4J3iKnQf7XkTUefUW4h4plqhMYgxvEuQszRbv4k6w)

"a new residential community which is both respective and responsive to the local character of Brockhall Village".  

That's page 1. Doesn't even make sense. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Club sponsor supports club initiative. 

***Lifelong supporter has personal opinion on a club matter that has absolutely zero effect on him or his business either financially or otherwise.

Edited by JoeH

Not suggesting a financial gain in the slightest.

However, you have a professional relationship with the club and are the only person on the whole board with anything positive to say.

So I think your judgment is clouded and I discount it on that basis, sorry.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Ok I’ll bite. 

What’s the advantage, having seen those plans, in comparison to the facilities we already have? Where does “state of the art” come into it? From my first glance it appears we are downscaling massively, even down to parking spaces. By nature that means less bodies. 
We are also selling a fine piece of real estate for people who don’t deserve it. A gift jack left us. What’s the benefit? 

• Like 6

If anybody is good at drawing up development plans can they get in touch .

Think it would be good to submit relevant information like ones that have been proposed before by our owners to build a state of the art academy .

It will not be much work, just a photo of the proposed site in Pune when identified in 2011 and the same photo with added cow grazing on it in 2021, along with a few well worded platitudes..

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

the only person on the whole board with anything positive to say.

I am certainly not the only person who's taken neutrally/kindly to the new plans, infact I'd suggest this board is disproportionately against the plans in comparison to the wider fan base online. (as many posters have already pointed out with screenshots)

Just now, JoeH said:

What are you suggesting I have to gain or lose from a club decision about where its players train? I sponsor the bloody website & app for Christ sake. 

By sponsoring the club/company/whatever you are essentially approving of the way it's run, and are happy to be associated with it. In return you get exposure and a chance to grow your business. 

So, as Matty says, you aren't objective. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

What’s the advantage, having seen those plans, in comparison to the facilities we already have?

A newer building? More pragmatic use of the space? Financially beneficial? Cuts down costs and potentially some staffing costs too?

14 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Jack Walkers legacy being respected?

Do you really believe this is progressive?

How will it benefit the club?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JoeH said:

But you would say that, you work with the club don’t you, via inbox digital, you’re hardly going to shoot them down. Not having a go at you.