BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

1 hour ago, J*B said:

150M? They’re selling the land, not developing the houses themselves. They’ll be lucky to get 20M from knocking down the STC and selling the land. I could accept it if it was 150M. 

Ozz said £15m from the sale of the land as a ball park figure.

Maybe that was a figure Waggott gave to the Supporters Trust?

Less than a year's running losses. Then you have the new training centre to build (supposedly).

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Article in LT about our academy and it being rated as one of if not the best in the country in terms of productivity.

If that doesn't tell the world it should be left well alone then nothing does. It is working it is doing what it was set up to do. Apart from integrating some into the first team squad it has fook all to do with Mowbray or Waggot.  THat line had already started long ago and would've been & will be a requirement for any BRFC manager in this era.

Any CEO should be actively encouraging the owners to back this to the hilt whatever it costs. With nearly half its yearly cost being met by a grant anyway it's a bargain running as it is.

Keep this slippery weasel and his grubby pound sign eyes well away from it all would be my forceful advice.  Leave it well alone there's no need for any crackpot ideas when it is now reaching its peak as it is.

It isn't broken it doesn't need fixing by some welps who failed at Coventry. It's the future of Blackburn Rovers not Steve Waggot or Tony Mowbray !

Exactly. Top post.

You can't expect a Damien Duff or a Phil Jones out of the Academy every season, they only come along once every ten years or so at best but we do seem to be producing a string of decent youngsters who could do a job for us and who probably would under a different manager.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I wasn't a supporter of the original Venky's out campaign because I didn't see the point in ousting multi billionaire owners in favour of people who can't afford to fund us.

Still don't.

If a genuine alternative with sufficient financial clout comes along then it's a discussion worth having but not until then for me.

I agree with that in principle but the structure hasn't changed re quantity Chairman since 2012, Venkys on the ground involvement is next to nothing.

You only have to look at the dross Chairman's we've had under the Venkys from Agnew to Waggott all chancers with no passion or commitment, compare this with Fox through to Williams.

Nothing will change and the "alternative with financial clout" will not happen just more years of dilution as with the attempted training ground sale even though it's in the top15 in the country,upkeep of the Ewood, fans expectations etc because we have no real structure and those in charge are just feathering their own nest and have no love or affinity with it.

I'm a glass half full sort but it's only going one way sadly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Eh? You just pummelled me for saying 150m 

Yeah - it’s worth different things to different people. To a housing developer the land is worth 150M in revenue. If you want to buy it to build a football academy there will be a different value on the land.

Essentially, the option to rebuy the land will never be there again because it’s worth hundreds of millions of pounds more to a developer than it is to a football club. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Exactly. Top post.

You can't expect a Damien Duff or a Phil Jones out of the Academy every season, they only come along once every ten years or so at best but we do seem to be producing a string of decent youngsters who could do a job for us and who probably would under a different manager.

Yes in my eyes it is doing what it was set up to do, produce players for us. Anything else is a bonus but there'll be a few who'll be worth decent money. 

We are at a level now that it works for us, they wouldn't be good enough for the Prem. If they mess around with it, cut costs and downgrade it then might not produce players good enough to fill a championship squad.  So it's best all round to make the most of it as it is. 

Why ask owners to have to top up rebuilding costs of a smaller site ?  Surely better they just continue to top it up and improve what we already have. The next big sale from the first team put some of the profit back towards upgrading the existing sites.

Do they want to spew another 12 million on investments that are more likely to depreciate than double ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Hmm. Why don't venkys just do it.?  Small project on the scale of it.  I would if I was them.  I think that's the plan.  

Venky Homes, can you imagine the state of them?

Mind you, it's plausible and makes financial sense for them.

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Exactly. Top post.

We’re in agreement about all of this Rev.

I would just add this. The lower down the leagues we fall, the more the academy will produce for the first team. It’s not just down to improvements - or otherwise - in the academies performance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, den said:

We’re in agreement about all of this Rev.

I would just add this. The lower down the leagues we fall, the more the academy will produce for the first team. It’s not just down to improvements - or otherwise - in the academies performance.

Yes, and we will be truly buggered when the Academy is scraped and we are doing a Brentford within Brexit restrictions and in competition with teams who know how to do it.

• Like 2

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, Meesh said:

I can't help but feel that the wool is being pulled over our eyes (and the owners) by some people looking to profit out of this in an underhanded way. I have zero proof, but it's just how I feel. Why do I get this weird Anderson/Kean-esque feeling emanating from the cosy trio? Is something going on, or am I being paranoid?

I even looked up Mowbray. Director of a property company (Elmtone Properties Limited) from 1995 until just a few months ago. I don't know. Something feels seriously off. I hope not...

Any chance of quoting, as @darrenrover has above?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, J*B said:

These copy and pastes are almost impossible to believe - can I suggest you screen shot them?

They're direct from Companies House Josh, go look for yourself, it's not difficult mate, you just need to know where to look: I'll leave it with you.

Not bad for a 'posh' lad from St James' Estate in Darwen.

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

• Like 2