BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

I can't help but feel that the wool is being pulled over our eyes (and the owners) by some people looking to profit out of this in an underhanded way. I have zero proof, but it's just how I feel. Why do I get this weird Anderson/Kean-esque feeling emanating from the cosy trio? Is something going on, or am I being paranoid?

I even looked up Mowbray. Director of a property company (Elmtone Properties Limited) from 1995 until just a few months ago. I don't know. Something feels seriously off. I hope not...

Edited by Meesh

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, Meesh said:

I can't help but feel that the wool is being pulled over our eyes (and the owners) by some people looking to profit out of this in an underhanded way. I have zero proof, but it's just how I feel. Why do I get this weird Anderson/Kean-esque feeling emanating from the cosy trio? Is something going on, or am I being paranoid?

I even looked up Mowbray. Director of a property company (Elmtone Properties Limited) from 1995 until just a few months ago. I don't know. Something feels seriously off. I hope not...

Any chance of quoting, as @darrenrover has above?

1 minute ago, J*B said:

These copy and pastes are almost impossible to believe - can I suggest you screen shot them?

They're direct from Companies House Josh, go look for yourself, it's not difficult mate, you just need to know where to look: I'll leave it with you.

Not bad for a 'posh' lad from St James' Estate in Darwen.

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

Thanks for pasting the info darrenrover.

Should stress that there is currently no wrongdoing. Nobody isn't allowed to be a Director of a property company, and it's commonplace amongst retired footballers. It's just a suspicion that a game is being played - nothing more, no accusations, etc.

But... I would keep a very close eye on any and all companies involved in purchasing and developing the land should this proceed.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

What should I be looking at?

I find the Mowbray directorship that ended last year particularly interesting, but is there anything else that waves red flags?

Come on, I've done enough and am prepared to do much more but not on here, how much spoon feeding does everyone want?

That's my last word on here for a bit.

2 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Come on, I've done enough and am prepared to do much more but not on here, how much spoon feeding does everyone want?

That's my last word on here for a bit.

Yeah but your posts have gone now 

There are a couple of entries for Mogga. He was also a Director of another real estate management company called Stratford Manor Management Company Limited, but that was 17 years ago. That company is still active.

The one that Venus was involved in is dissolved.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Yeah but your posts have gone now 

Fair enough, I wasn't aware of that but I am now.

It answers one quandary I had sadly: 

Companies House website is dead easy to navigate, either by name or company. Type in either and it gives you either a list of Directors or appointments of the persons name. In amongst each company, if you click on a Director it lists their other appointments and so you can build a web.

Why are there so many people without scruples, why so many hypocrites and why so few without any bollocks or intelligence?!

WE ARE The Rovers!! 

8 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

So, are we all in agreement that there's more than 15m at play here.....?

No, certain types will sell their soul for a lot less. The land won't sell more though.

16 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

They're direct from Companies House Josh, go look for yourself, it's not difficult mate, you just need to know where to look: I'll leave it with you.

Not bad for a 'posh' lad from St James' Estate in Darwen.

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

I’ve had a look for myself - neither Tony Mowbray nor Mark Venus are currently involved with any property companies and haven’t been for a significant period of time. The ones they have been in add up as quite normal for professionals in football to invest in. 

The company you posted ‘Mark Venus’ has nothing to do with Mark Venus and is operating in the Seychelles. 

5 minutes ago, Meesh said:

There are a couple of entries for Mogga. He was also a Director of another real estate management company called Stratford Manor Management Company Limited, but that was 17 years ago. That company is still active.

The one that Venus was involved in is dissolved.

You are wrong re Mowbray: he was appointed in 1995 but resigned in September 2020.

Venus is involved in 5 companies registered in The Seychelles and one in Belize.

Please get your facts straight!!

12 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’ve had a look for myself - neither Tony Mowbray nor Mark Venus are currently involved with any property companies and haven’t been for a significant period of time. The ones they have been in add up as quite normal for professionals in football to invest in. 

The company you posted ‘Mark Venus’ has nothing to do with Mark Venus and is operating in the Seychelles. 

I already have my own thoughts pal, don't worry!

'Who'd sell their soul for a fiver?'

'Who  doth protest too much?'

Last words from me.....

Edited by darrenrover

Seems to be a lot of roads leading to Colchester here. Jason De Vos is an interesting name to pop up too, did Mowbray ever manage him?

Ah yes coached him at Ipswich.

Edited by LDRover

14 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

You are wrong re Mowbray: he was appointed in 1995 but resigned in September 2020.

Venus is involved in 5 companies registered in The Seychelles and one in Belize.

Please get your facts straight!!

Yes, but not for the company that you're quoting me on. I'm talking about a different company.

There is no link between Mark Venus and the companies that you're mentioning.

Anyway, I guess all we can do is keep a watchful eye on this.

• J*B unpinned this topic
  • K-Hod pinned this topic