BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

What should I be looking at?

I find the Mowbray directorship that ended last year particularly interesting, but is there anything else that waves red flags?

Come on, I've done enough and am prepared to do much more but not on here, how much spoon feeding does everyone want?

That's my last word on here for a bit.

2 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Come on, I've done enough and am prepared to do much more but not on here, how much spoon feeding does everyone want?

That's my last word on here for a bit.

Yeah but your posts have gone now 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Yeah but your posts have gone now 

Fair enough, I wasn't aware of that but I am now.

It answers one quandary I had sadly: 

Companies House website is dead easy to navigate, either by name or company. Type in either and it gives you either a list of Directors or appointments of the persons name. In amongst each company, if you click on a Director it lists their other appointments and so you can build a web.

Why are there so many people without scruples, why so many hypocrites and why so few without any bollocks or intelligence?!

WE ARE The Rovers!! 

16 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

They're direct from Companies House Josh, go look for yourself, it's not difficult mate, you just need to know where to look: I'll leave it with you.

Not bad for a 'posh' lad from St James' Estate in Darwen.

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

I’ve had a look for myself - neither Tony Mowbray nor Mark Venus are currently involved with any property companies and haven’t been for a significant period of time. The ones they have been in add up as quite normal for professionals in football to invest in. 

The company you posted ‘Mark Venus’ has nothing to do with Mark Venus and is operating in the Seychelles. 

5 minutes ago, Meesh said:

There are a couple of entries for Mogga. He was also a Director of another real estate management company called Stratford Manor Management Company Limited, but that was 17 years ago. That company is still active.

The one that Venus was involved in is dissolved.

You are wrong re Mowbray: he was appointed in 1995 but resigned in September 2020.

Venus is involved in 5 companies registered in The Seychelles and one in Belize.

Please get your facts straight!!

12 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’ve had a look for myself - neither Tony Mowbray nor Mark Venus are currently involved with any property companies and haven’t been for a significant period of time. The ones they have been in add up as quite normal for professionals in football to invest in. 

The company you posted ‘Mark Venus’ has nothing to do with Mark Venus and is operating in the Seychelles. 

I already have my own thoughts pal, don't worry!

'Who'd sell their soul for a fiver?'

'Who  doth protest too much?'

Last words from me.....

Edited by darrenrover

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

What should I be looking at?

I find the Mowbray directorship that ended last year particularly interesting, but is there anything else that waves red flags?

I was tired and have ‘other pots to wash’, sorry for being abrupt.

Look on the planning proposals lodged with RVBC and see the names of the architects and project planners involved, then navigate Companies House.

Then tie in ‘connected’ company formations and various Director resignations and the dates. Then join the dots!.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

I was tired and have ‘other pots to wash’, sorry for being abrupt.

Look on the planning proposals lodged with RVBC and see the names of the architects and project planners involved, then navigate Companies House.

Then tie in ‘connected’ company formations and various Director resignations and the dates. Then join the dots!.....

Great work Nick, you are a bright light in the Rovers' wilderness!

Surely there must be some 'journalist' out there worthy of the title who is capable of following the stinking trail back to its foul instigators (basically the proponents of the current plans for Brockhall)? You would have thought there is a community interest story at the least, and potentially the unearthing of a major and systematic long term blight on clubs like ours, Coventry City, Southend United etc....

On the scale and duration of this scam alone, there would appear to be a juicy story just itching to be picked up.

SCAMMERS OUT!

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Great work Nick, you are a bright light in the Rovers' wilderness!

Surely there must be some 'journalist' out there worthy of the title who is capable of following the stinking trail back to its foul instigators (basically the proponents of the current plans for Brockhall)? You would have thought there is a community interest story at the least, and potentially the unearthing of a major and systematic long term blight on clubs like ours, Coventry City, Southend United etc....

On the scale and duration of this scam alone, there would appear to be a juicy story just itching to be picked up.

SCAMMERS OUT!

Thanks, none necessary really but I do appreciate your sentiments.

Sadly, it appears that few have the requisite bollocks!

Fortunately, WE do!.......(being "posh lads" 'n' all!)

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Balaji Barrett 

Balaji the Builder in his little hard builders hat is admittedly  a very pleasing image and would at least bring some financial sense to these bizarre plans, if not footballing ones.

It doesn't take into account anything that happened at Coventry though does it?

Been reviewing this thread and found this in relation to Crystal Palace's new Academy which surely lays bare the motivation behind our scheme.

They have seemingly drawn up detailed plans of a sparkling new facility and received confirmation of Category 1 status before it was completed. So seemingly it is possible to do that.

If our genuine intention was to upgrade the training facilities, surely we would have drawn up the detailed plans a la Palace and obtained confirmation that Cat 1 status would be approved for the new facility BEFORE taking any steps to sell one of the sites?

http://cpfc.co.uk/news/2020/july/crystal-palace-fc-secures-category-1-status-for-its-academy

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Been reviewing this thread and found this in relation to Crystal Palace's new Academy which surely lays bare the motivation behind our scheme.

They have seemingly drawn up detailed plans of a sparkling new facility and received confirmation of Category 1 status before it was completed. So seemingly it is possible to do that.

If our genuine intention was to upgrade the training facilities, surely we would have drawn up the detailed plans a la Palace and obtained confirmation that Cat 1 status would be approved for the new facility BEFORE taking any steps to sell one of the sites?

http://cpfc.co.uk/news/2020/july/crystal-palace-fc-secures-category-1-status-for-its-academy

But Crystal Palace are currently Cat 2 so presumably wanted the reassurance that their new centre would be good enough for an upgrade. And they may already have planning approval.

Rovers already have Cat 1 status so have no need to incur costs on designing the new centre until the club has secured proof of concept approval. It would be financially daft to do otherwise.

@darrenrover If I might make a suggestion and it's only directed at you since you appear to have done the most digging, perhaps you and other interested (qualified) people got together and formed an action committee, set up a website/blog/social media to oppose the club's plans. The old slogan: find it; prove it, print it. Possibly link up with the local Brockhall Village protest group, assuming there is one.

That would ensure there are no legal issues, potentially, for this forum. I'm assuming your posts were removed for that reason.

Edited by Richard Oakley
wrong @ corrected

8 minutes ago, only2garners said:

But Crystal Palace are currently Cat 2 so presumably wanted the reassurance that their new centre would be good enough for an upgrade. And they may already have planning approval.

Rovers already have Cat 1 status so have no need to incur costs on designing the new centre until the club has secured proof of concept approval. It would be financially daft to do otherwise.

It seems prudent to ensure that plans to redevelop the site ensure that Cat 1/A is maintained.

Any chance you could post the minutes of the fans forum meeting on the fans forum thread on this blog. Been on the thread and seen the minutes have been linked. Thanks to @Herbie6590 for that.

Edited by Richard Oakley
Updated