BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

I asked him about that and pointed out Waggott's far fetched claim that the new facility would eat up all the funds and probably require Venkys to cough up extra.

So with the above in mind I'm struggling to see how there can any financial benefit to the club. Unless its all bunkum of course.

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

I asked him about that and pointed out Waggott's far fetched claim that the new facility would eat up all the funds and probably require Venkys to cough up extra.

So with the above in mind I'm struggling to see how there can any financial benefit to the club. Unless its all bunkum of course.

I think they just wanted the PP granting then they could flog the land, or use it to borrow against after its big uplift in value.

Just after getting a few million quid in asap then bothering about the rest after. When you consider the covid black hole, deferred wages etc, possible emergency external borrowings. Then chuck in that a quick injection of funds would help the FFP balance sheet i think it all adds up to being about the money.

Too many factors point to that, the timing of it being the biggest.

17 hours ago, tomphil said:

That's what i'd expect or maybe sell off the smaller site instead. Seed already sown with Mowbray wanting seniors training on the other bit.

After all the feelers out and dealing with RVC on this 'shelved' project i'm sure they've got a few inside tips on what else might just be favorable instead.

They'd perhaps get a nice deal for the whole site from some huge developer or fund who's happy just to sit on it for a while. Maybe even - shock horror - rent it back to them !

Meanwhile talk to BWDC about a brown field site to bring back the club to the Borough (Blackburn not Teeside!)

If it were 60 acres or more, could accommodate a Cat 1 Academy, Senior Traning Centre and all that was built first, that option may be worth considering.

Thats a ‘slow build, needing several transfer windows’ but I doubt the current incumbents are thinking of waiting that long or in that order either!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Meanwhile talk to BWDC about a brown field site to bring back the club to the Borough (Blackburn not Teeside!)

If it were 60 acres or more, could accommodate a Cat 1 Academy, Senior Traning Centre and all that was built first, that option may be worth considering.

Thats a ‘slow build, needing several transfer windows’ but I doubt the current incumbents are thinking of waiting that long or in that order either!

I can just see the spin on that one.

What will this revamped recruitment dept be thinking when they are showing prospective signings around Whitebirk instead of the Ribble Valley.

No good is going to come out of this.

3 hours ago, darrenrover said:

It would also have to be under a new manager and coaching staff who were here for the long term and who had us flying and who were of the same mind before it was worth considering.

Anyone know how much 60 acres of land at Whitebirk would cost? I just can't see how a replacement facility in an inferior location makes any sense at all.

Of course, we'll see if alternative plans are pursued at some point or whether the be all and end all was to sell some land for housing and the latest piece in the LT was merely a bit of propaganda designed to make the scheme sound like a good idea all along but one which was unfortunately thwarted by NIMBY local residents.

The solution is simple, if you're worried about the £1.9 m net running costs of the Academy, employ a manager who doesn't pay the likes of Mulgrew and Ayala more NOT to play for us!

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Stuart said:

In fairness, they are an absolute credit to the club: a real shining light amongst a sea of shit.

I met some of the team when I went for a Covid test at Ewood, I was really impressed by all of them.

Surely the locals main issue will be money. Building a load of crappy new builds will lower the value of their properties. Sell the lot build expensive quality homes and relocate to plessie, job done, they will probably make less but they'll still make plenty.

It shouldn’t even be a point of consideration: the facilities at Brockhall that Jack Walker gifted to us are absolutely superb.

They may be 30 years old and in need of a lick of paint but that’s it.

The whole proposals are absolute lunacy and nothing more than a potential money tree for some.

It’s barking mad period. Hell will freeze over before we concede to these nut jobs!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It would also have to be under a new manager and coaching staff who were here for the long term and who had us flying and who were of the same mind before it was worth considering.

Anyone know how much 60 acres of land at Whitebirk would cost? I just can't see how a replacement facility in an inferior location makes any sense at all.

Of course, we'll see if alternative plans are pursued at some point or whether the be all and end all was to sell some land for housing and the latest piece in the LT was merely a bit of propaganda designed to make the scheme sound like a good idea all along but one which was unfortunately thwarted by NIMBY local residents.

The solution is simple, if you're worried about the £1.9 m net running costs of the Academy, employ a manager who doesn't pay the likes of Mulgrew and Ayala more NOT to play for us!

7 mill on a whizz kid, who played well in a couple of games for Forest in 1 season, in the hope of doubling the money or more in a few years. Or 3 and a half years funding the cracking academy as it is.  With far more chance of turning out a few to make money on.

No brainer, but they collectively haven't got many if that's what Mowbray and co prefer instead of funding a Cat 1.

Separated parts that have helped us win the Prem, get promotion back to the Prem, win a league cup, spend 10 consecutive seasons in the Prem.  Been graced by some of the finest players in England & Europe at one time or another and have helped attract those players.

And turn out some good youth of our own in the process already.

Now we are managed by a set of people who - if they were a supermarket - would be Aldi and it all isn't good enough for their grand plan of midtable championship mediocrity anymore.

If Waggot and co hadn't washed up here from footballs forgotten ocean i doubt anything like this would ever have been mentioned.

The absolute only way any sense could be contrived from it is if they got an astronomical amount of money for the whole Brockhall site. That enabled a fresh cheaper site to be bought and covered the cost of a genuine state of the art modern facility that was big enough and covered all bases. 

Even then you'd have to consider a need to attract players so you wouldn't want it in the center of town or the edge of an industrial estate.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The absolute only way any sense could be contrived from it is if they got an astronomical amount of money for the whole Brockhall site. That enabled a fresh cheaper site to be bought and covered the cost of a genuine state of the art modern facility that was big enough and covered all bases. 

Even then you'd have to consider a need to attract players so you wouldn't want it in the center of town or the edge of an industrial estate.

Can they even sell both sites for housing ? 

B1B5BAF6-F4FB-4F83-8174-5417D64B169F.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

So the only sensible thing to do is continue to make the best of what they have. 

I'd rather we just become the real Blackburn Rovers again than a Brentford hybrid version.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

I can just see the spin on that one.

What will this revamped recruitment dept be thinking when they are showing prospective signings around Whitebirk instead of the Ribble Valley.

No good is going to come out of this.

Aye, it will!

12 minutes ago, tomphil said:

So the only sensible thing to do is continue to make the best of what they have. 

I'd rather we just become the real Blackburn Rovers again than a Brentford hybrid version.

Who the feck are Brentford?

We’re Blackburn Rovers...every bugger else SHOULD be looking to follow us, surely?!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I was massively against the plans that Waggot had initially.

But if we say we sourced 60 acres of land and moved there and put everything under one roof would it not be better long term? 

As opposed to the 20 acres we currently have with the separated parts of the club.

It's roughly 40 acres isn't it on both combined sites?

Don't be taken in by the spin. There's nothing wrong with the existing sites.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

That must have been a blow to Coventrio, the fact that the 'lower site' (current Academy) is greenfield....also interesting is the reference "as the planning status currently stands".

The charlatan sort of gives the gameplan away there in one glib statement.

I honestly can't see any value in selling Brockhall and moving to a new site, it's pointless in my view. In terms of the value of Brockhall it isn't worth nearly as much as they thought with the bottom site not available for housing. Again it's a back of a fag packet job which would probably cost the owners money should we sell Brockhall and relocate. If Waggott was in the job for the right reasons he would be asking the owners for money to develop the Riverside rather than potentially selling Brockhall and moving elsewhere.

• Like 7