BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

3 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

A journalist will work hard to create a story. A reporter will do as little as possible to file a story.

Shows how little you know. They're all journalists....it says so on their NUJ card 

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Same Jim that always likes to say when the club is facing yet another crisis - ‘well what are you going to do about it?’ 

Yet when asked what he will be doing himself, ‘err nothing, I’m too old’

So Rev did get off his arse and ‘did something’, yet he still doesn’t want to discuss it and is being pedantic about semantics and derailing the thread instead. Odd.

If you're referring to the way the club is run, yes we did our bit 40 years ago in a way that would not be possible now. 

Rev's done a great job with his actions over Brockhall... I've congratulated him and signed his letter

I'm not sure what your problem is. 

43 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He literally calls himself 'Rovers Reporter' at the top of his articles. 

Anyway, I found this on t'internet

Journalist vs. Reporter: Differences

In exploring journalists vs. reporters, it’s critical to remember they are both parts of the news industry. The difference between the two seems to lie in the amount of research that the individual does as part of his or her job. Reporters who craft stories supported by their own research may be considered journalists. However, not every reporter is a journalist. For example, a local television news reporter may take information that is gathered by a research staff – including material that was written by other journalists –  and relay that information to their audience.

Journalist vs. Reporter | Maryville Online

Which one is Sharpe??? @jim mk2

I'm going to throw a new one in.

He's a journalist, not technically a reporter as he's producing his own material rather than just creating something from researchers and runners.

However the question should be, is he a journalist or an investigative journalist?

Journalists generally just keep a journal of events, they contribute to public diaries aka newspapers but don't generally dig deeper than surface reporting.

1 hour ago, booth said:

I'm going to throw a new one in.

He's a journalist, not technically a reporter as he's producing his own material rather than just creating something from researchers and runners.

Reporters research and produce their own material too, sometimes under the direction of a news editor but often taking forward their own ideas. The point is, whichever branch of the craft they are in,  they are all journalists. 

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Reporters research and produce their own material too, sometimes under the direction of a news editor but often taking forward their own ideas. The point is, whichever branch of the craft they are in,  they are all journalists. 

Not always Jim, I should know I've known a few. For example TV news reporters in many cases just repeat the news they are given by their producers (not talking about anchors but the actual person on the street reporting back).

My point was that there are journalists and investigative journalists.

I'd say Telegraph journalists don't do much in the way of investigating so I'd call them journalists. Sure they ask questions but take everything at face value, and often don't even journal those correctly.

The fact that I'd rather discuss this rather than the match is quite depressing.

2 minutes ago, booth said:

Not always Jim, I should know I've known a few. For example TV news reporters in many cases just repeat the news they are given by their producers (not talking about anchors but the actual person on the street reporting back).

TV producers and newspapers news eds might give a reporter a lead on a story but the reporter has to do the doorstepping, do the interviews, find the different angle from the competition, write the story.  

• J*B unpinned this topic

Constant talk of ‘two sites’, which is more disingenuous language like ‘state of the art’ and ‘tired, 30 year old facilities’.

‘Two sites’ makes it sound like they on the other side of Lancashire or somewhere, not a brisk walk down a hill...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Stop messing with ourtraining ground factilities that Uncle Jack Walker left to the fans and club Waggott and Mowbray. Improve yes but knocking them down no thanks. 

Mowbray is obsess with the training ground being in open. Hughes, Allardyce, Lambert or Bowyer never had a problem with it. So Mowbray if you dont like it then leave the job. I'm fed up with him moaning about it

• Like 5

Whilst there is some analysis in the latest Sharpe scribbles it's nothing that could not have been reseatched simply by reading this thread.

The LT remains a Rovers news outlet aka propaganda channel.

LT: ''With those plans shelved, a new alternative is needed''

Why FFS?

Edited by AllRoverAsia

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stop messing with ourtraining ground factilities that Uncle Jack Walker left to the fans and club Waggott and Mowbray. Improve yes but knocking them down no thanks. 

Mowbray is obsess with the training ground being in open. Hughes, Allardyce, Lambert or Bowyer never had a problem with it. So Mowbray if you dont like it then leave the job. I'm fed up with him moaning about it

Just another convenient excuse for the biggest excuse maker the club has had. 

If TM drops his tooth brush in the morning he must spend ten mins telling his wife about all the faults in the bathroom. Nothing to do with his own hands.

Someone tell him Don McKay got Rovers to 3 play offs and won a pot at Wembley training them on public parks.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray moans about everyone and everything other than himself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Sell the lot for housing and build outside of the RV if the rumours posted on here about Waggott mouthing off are correct.

That's what i'd expect or maybe sell off the smaller site instead. Seed already sown with Mowbray wanting seniors training on the other bit.

After all the feelers out and dealing with RVC on this 'shelved' project i'm sure they've got a few inside tips on what else might just be favorable instead.

They'd perhaps get a nice deal for the whole site from some huge developer or fund who's happy just to sit on it for a while. Maybe even - shock horror - rent it back to them !

• Like 2

So in the latest Sharpe propaganda piece in the Telegraph it's freely admitted the one site wouldn't suffice for Cat 1 status yet Waggott was quite happy to press on with it until he was caught out.

Why isn't Sharpe concentrating on that instead of claiming an alternative is necessary?

Also is the bit about EFL profit and sustainability rules factually correct? 

I thought spending on infrastructure was exempt.

• Like 4