BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheff Weds (a) 20/4 7pm Red Button

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the football universe, the Government's talking about having a review of how football is organised in this country.

One idea they're said to be looking into is a similar system to the one that applies in Germany - and probably one reason why there were no German teams in the prototype E.S.L. - namely a significant amount of fans' representation on the Boards of football clubs.

Let's hope that review does its job quickly and our owners are brought to realise that they can't just sit in Pune, apparently not giving a toss about This Great Club Of Ours.

• Like 6

Totally forgot about this game on the day, not that I cared much, but it seems vintage Rovers. The tombola came out, we didn't score, TM made a ton of excuses that don't stand up to scrutiny. 

The fact that 4 years on Evans can get a place in the team makes mockery of the idea of a journey or standards. That Bennett played right back can be considered gross negligence. That a poor Wednesday side without their manager managed to beat us speaks volumes. Results like this show us that the Derby win was the anomaly and that we are a poor team who are struggling badly. 

Another black mark against Total Mess. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Totally forgot about this game on the day, not that I cared much, but it seems vintage Rovers. The tombola came out, we didn't score, TM made a ton of excuses that don't stand up to scrutiny. 

The fact that 4 years on Evans can get a place in the team makes mockery of the idea of a journey or standards. That Bennett played right back can be considered gross negligence. That a poor Wednesday side without their manager managed to beat us speaks volumes. Results like this show us that the Derby win was the anomaly and that we are a poor team who are struggling badly. 

Another black mark against Total Mess. 

I am convinced it is to do with appearance money ....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

It's a thought. I mean we know it's not based on ability or performance. Which means it has to be something else. 

His team selections are ludicrous , difficult to see any rhyme or reason ....To many odd things , how goalies signed this season ? How many ex Boro players ? Think the latter maybe because he doesn't have real contacts in the game ....

Defenders are coming !!!!!

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

I am convinced it is to do with appearance money ....

I was convinced of that when GB was here never mind Mowbray, who has taken it to a new level, then doubled it.

Quite ridiculous at times and the only conclusion is there must be a lot of appearance weighted contracts at Rovers these days. Add in appearances trigger certain clauses, bonuses and contract extensions as well. Not hard to suspect it's all part of this humanitarians keep em all happy and onside policy.

He pretty much did what i predicted last night throwing back in his old favs. Who nearly to a man repaid him with stinkers. 

Any manager worth his salt who constantly spins about journeys, building and young teams, would be putting the blocks in place for next season right now.  Get his players out there in the starting 11 and get drilling the system into them. Great opportunity for that for every game post Derby till end of season.

Not this guy though got to look after his favourites in a shop window or get enough appearances in job. Bennett should be nowhere near it now, Evans should always be 2nd choice.

It just adds fuel to the fire of the complete verbal crap he spouts.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 5

I wonder if the Venkys have looked at stats such as the last 17 games: 51 possible points.

Pld 17 W 2 D 5 L10 Pts 11.   If this had been at the start of the season surely he would have been sacked.

11 minutes ago, bazza said:

I wonder if the Venkys have looked at stats such as the last 17 games: 51 possible points.

Pld 17 W 2 D 5 L10 Pts 11.   If this had been at the start of the season surely he would have been sacked.

With half a season to turn it round ?   Never, they are deluded and they just love people who feed that by the spade load.

Him, them and a loony lump of our fans would still be talking play offs once he turns the 0-1's into 1-0's.

On 21/04/2021 at 14:16, frosty said:

Surely we must be selling hardly any iFollow passes now. Weren't we down to about 1000 for one game, and even that was a couple of months ago? Must be, what, a couple of hundred now? Few hundred absolute max.

I haven't paid to watch on iFollow since December now when it became clear it would be another season of nothingness (not that, deep down, I expected anything else under Mowbray) after hardly missing a game before that. Not missed it one bit.

Where do they get the stats for that?

What I found mildly amusing was the last time I watched iFollow there was some regular screenshot that would come up with something along the lines of "Support Your Team Do Not Illegal Stream".

I could hardly really imagine anyone even bothering to stream from iFollow in the first place bearing in mind the state of the season and the awful football, never mind thousands (or even hundreds) of fans clambering to watch said football and, as they made out, "stealing" revenue from the club.

My perspective for what it’s worth, is that given the unique season that all clubs have gone through financially, Mowbray as a “trusted entity” will be given the chance to rebuild the team probably with Armstrong money, and then if we start poorly he will be given the heave ho. 

if Armstrong goes for 20 million he will still be in credit on transfer dealings. Maybe with Armstrong gone, Brereton and Gallagher will come into their own, so to speak. 

Do I agree with that? No.
Is it a possibility? Yes

Edited by bigbrandjohn
Punctuation