BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

It’s that time of year again. But this time with the added twist of (for a second time in our history) feeling as though the manager is not held to the same account as the rest of football and that results, performance and even fans do not matter.

The online opinions of fans (without any real visible protests), and subsequent media back lash can stop a multi-billion pound soccer league from forming. But fans are an irrelevance - and inconvenience even - at Rovers. BCD football is very welcome at Ewood.

But I digress.

Back to the poll, anonymous so as to avoid peer pressure...

You might wish to add Waggott as a reason for not buying a season ticket.

IMO, Waggott and Mowbray are imbeciles and come as a pair and hell would have to freeze over before I put a penny more into Rovers with EITHER of them at the club.

• Like 4

It's a tough one, because with over a year without I'd been really looking forward to getting back into the ground again. But the last half of the season has really sucked the fun out of watching Rovers, and knowing that dinosaur is bullet proof, isn't filling me with much excitement to get back.

I probably will renew. Whether that's to give him some much earned stick or because I'm a glutton for punishment - I don't know. But I'll be here long after he's fucked off. 

• Like 3

And how many of the other reasons are to do with Mowbray?  I thought about returning and bought a matchday ticket. I was treated to a 1-0 loss to Luton and some of the worst football I'd seen at Ewood. If there's nothing but blind loyalty dragging you to Ewood then it's hard to justify buying tickets, and especially putting in money upfront for a ST, if there's no real enjoyment or pleasure. Like many others, I've found other things to do because nothing about Mowbray's team or brand of football excites  me. I dont follow other league football but have gone non league and Rugby Union. I couldn't support another club but the difference between the other things I do now follow, and Rovers, in terms of the professionalism with which the entire club is run, is phenomenal. Clitheroe do a better job of communicating. 

• Like 3

Yes I would buy a season ticket for next season if we are allow back into stadiums next season

I've missed attending Rovers games this season after being a season tickets for years. Nothing like watching your team live inside a stadium. Wouldn't want to watch my team on a screen every season. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I would buy a season ticket for next season if we are allow back into stadiums next season

I've missed attending Rovers games this season after being a season tickets for years. Nothing like watching your team live inside a stadium. Wouldn't want to watch my team on a screen every season. 

You don't have to buy a season ticket to watch. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

of course you need a season ticket to watch it live inside a stadium

Why? I think there will be walk on match tickets. If there is a restricted attendance next season, say ours is 4000, say we sell 2500 season tickets, do you think the club will not take the opportunity to sell the other 1500 places.

Edited by rigger

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

Why? I think there will be walk on match tickets

I want to watch every home match so why would I buy match tickets? 

After being a season ticket holder for many years and watching games live inside a stadium and enjoying it would I not want to get a season ticket when I am allow back in stadium? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

After being a season ticket holder for many years and watching games live inside a stadium and enjoying it would I not want to get a season ticket when I am allow back in stadium? 

Because the idea was for people who wanted to go to a game, to give Mowbray stick, because he is still at our club. If you cannot get your head round this point of view fair enough. At least you will not be stuck for your choice of seat.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

Because the idea was for people who wanted to go to a game, to give Mowbray stick, because he is still at our club. If you cannot get your head round this point of view fair enough. At least you will not be stuck for your choice of seat.

That's your idea. 

I go to games to enjoy and watch my team and hopefully win. Mowbray will get plenty of stick if he still there from fans including myself. 

I was back in my normal seat I had before lockdown. 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

In my opinion not if that tosser Mowbray is still manager

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No manager is going to force me away from going. Kean or Coyle didnt. Mowbray wont. 

If that is what you want, then fill your boots. My decision is that I will not pay to watch the shit that Mowbray has brought the team down too. If he goes I will return.

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

At least do some protesting if ur going 

No need to protest if will have a new manager in as some are suggesting. 

Just now, rigger said:

If that is what you want, then fill your boots. My decision is that I will not pay to watch the shit that Mowbray has brought the team down too. If he goes I will return.

Yes it is my decision. After not being allowed to follow my team inside stadiums for the past 13 months and felt detached from watching my team during lockdowns. My and my friends cant wait to get back to Ewood Park. Shame about no away games but hey ho

My reluctance to buy a season ticket stems more from Waggott than it does Mowbray. I can accept garbage football and a team going nowhere (if the club does something to try and address it). I really struggle to justify subsidising Waggott's obscene salary whilst he milks fans during a pandemic, withholds money paid in good faith, schemes to sell our training ground and protects his failing manager friend.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

No need to protest if will have a new manager in as some are suggesting. 

Yes it is my decision. After not being allowed to follow my team inside stadiums for the past 13 months and felt detached from watching my team during lockdowns. My and my friends cant wait to get back to Ewood Park. Shame about no away games but hey ho

What makes you say there will be no away games? Why not?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would you be prepared to forego buying your season ticket if it put pressure on Mowbray and Waggott to leave?

• Like 1