BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

5 hours ago, Stuart said:

When you thought Mowbray’s days were numbered, you were very vocal about him going. Now it is looking like he may stay, you have gone cold on it.

I still want Mowbray out and that hasn't change. So no god knows why you think I've gone cold on it. @PeteJD13can verify that for you if want Stuart?

It is to abstain from something until certain requirements are met and to build up pressure to do so. In this case, the removal and replacement of the manager who is taking us back to League One.

If Results are bad next season then Mowbray will feel the pressure from the supporters inside the stadiums. 

What is the point of the social media boycott planned by footballers? It is to put pressure on social media companies to take down people, largely on Twitter, who are being abusive.

To get the media companies like Twitter, Instagram, etc to remove abusive and racist comments quicker than they are. Plus banned people and get them to do people ID checks for people to verify their account 

It’s one thing buying a ticket, I can fully understand the social and emotional element, and why people may not want to give that up. It’s as much about being with friends and family as it is the football - more so. However, it should be easy to abstain from merchandise or other discretionary spend

Like I said if you was to abstain from Merchandise then do it Stuart. But if people want to buy club merchandise for themselves or their children then it's their choice and then should be allow without any negative comments. 

what WOULD you be prepared to do by way of protest? Any form of protest

They already be done Stuart in the past and it change nothing with Venkys. People have held talks with Venkys and offer to help them. All been rejected. You have done protest after protest or walk out during games but did it change anything. 

If you want protest Stuart then do it. What are waiting for? But how many supporters want to protest right now? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I still want Mowbray out and that hasn't change. So no god knows why you think I've gone cold on it. @PeteJD13can verify that for you if want Stuart?

If Results are bad next season then Mowbray will feel the pressure from the supporters inside the stadiums. 

To get the media companies like Twitter, Instagram, etc to remove abusive and racist comments quicker than they are. Plus banned people and get them to do people ID checks for people to verify their account 

Like I said if you was to abstain from Merchandise then do it Stuart. But if people want to buy club merchandise for themselves or their children then it's their choice and then should be allow without any negative comments. 

They already be done Stuart in the past and it change nothing with Venkys. People have held talks with Venkys and offer to help them. All been rejected. You have done protest after protest or walk out during games but did it change anything. 

If you want protest Stuart then do it. What are waiting for? But how many supporters want to protest right now? 

The protests I got involved in ultimately saw Kean removed.

But to cut a long story short, despite you wanting change, there is nothing you are prepared to do to try to affect it. Quite the opposite, you are prepared to help Mowbray and Waggott - because they are relying on fans just like you.

Your need to buy club merchandise is greater than any moral stance you might take.

Your posts on this topic sum up exactly why we are stuck with all of these people. I’ve tried to give you every chance but discussion about this with you is pointless. I just hope others out there - who are remaining silent - are a little more prepared to do the bare minimum to show their strength of feeling than you are.

• Like 4

This sudden 'moral' stance of abstaining from buying anything to do with club being banged on about by people when every Saturday this season the same people have been more than happy to pay into the coffers for ifollow (unless you ve been watching on illegal streams you naughty boys ) suddenly seems a little hypocritical..

The problem with the Venkys /Mowbray and team hasnt just happened this week yet still people still buying iFollow yet telling others not to buy anything to do with the club. 

Seems a little selective to me ..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

This sudden 'moral' stance of abstaining from buying anything to do with club being banged on about by people when every Saturday this season the same people have been more than happy to pay into the coffers for ifollow (unless you ve been watching on illegal streams you naughty boys ) suddenly seems a little hypocritical..

The problem with the Venkys /Mowbray and team hasnt just happened this week yet still people still buying iFollow yet telling others not to buy anything to do with the club. 

The radio is available free.

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

What's far worse is trying to reason with someone who will change their mind in a few months when Mowbray wins a few games.

48 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

What's far worse is trying to reason with someone who will change their mind in a few months when Mowbray wins a few games.

I imagine a hastily arranged  - an evening with.....  with TM reciting scripts from when the boat comes in, jumpers for goalposts etc will have a few defending his every word and action again.

• Like 6

I very much doubt that a few people abstaining from buying club merchandise would have any affect whatsoever. It wouldn't even register, let alone cause the powers that be to review Mowbray's position as a result.

In fact my view is the opposite and that we should buy merchandise....for the simple reason that there are people who work at the club shop, and who in the present climate may rely on the income.

I'm in a fortunate position where I can afford a season ticket. I'll be doing so again, purely because I want to watch my team. Don't get me wrong though, I want Mowbray out as much as next man, and will be giving him both barrels in person from the JW. That's the best way of 'protesting' IMO.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 3

https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/2021/april/21-22-Season-Cards-on-sale-from-Wednesday/

Rival season ticket update

Stoke have them on sale from tomorrow.

Prices frozen for 14th consecutive year.

Early bird adults from £294

A range of benefits for ST holders:

- 10% off home and away shirts and retail offers

- Friends and family discounted tickets

- 20% off home cup games

- Free coach travel to all away games

- Free admission to u23 and women games

Meanwhile at Ewood how's our CEO getting on? Shame we're in a localised pandemic that prevents us doing anything.

22 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

I imagine a hastily arranged  - an evening with.....  with TM reciting scripts from when the boat comes in, jumpers for goalposts etc will have a few defending his every word and action again

Blimey, tears welling already*

* in the interest of truth and full disclosure and to compete with the Coventrio my post is a complete lie.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

https://www.stokecityfc.com/news/2021/april/21-22-Season-Cards-on-sale-from-Wednesday/

- 20% off home cup games

Meanwhile at Ewood how's our CEO getting on? Shame we're in a localised pandemic that prevents us doing anything.

Stoke benefitting from a sensible Rovers supporter as CEO 

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

- 20% off home cup games

That really is top value. No one can argue with that. We should be all over deals like this. I won’t hold my breath

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

That really is top value. No one can argue with that. We should be all over deals like this. I won’t hold my breath

If you went to about 15 away games and used the free coach travel you would probably get your money back through that alone.

Stoke run by people in touch with their fans and they get 20,000 season ticket holders.

• Like 2

Season ticket sales for next season will go one of 2 ways IMO: Coventrio remain and the sales will be dire. Coventrio removed from post, replaced with individuals commensurate with respective positions and an appointment of a manager and support staff that will excite supporters, price them sensibly and season ticket sales would fly.

It's an absolute 'no brainer', however..............😟.........

• Like 4

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

Season ticket sales for next season will go one of 2 ways IMO: Coventrio remain and the sales will be dire. Coventrio removed from post, replaced with individuals commensurate with respective positions and an appointment of a manager and support staff that will excite supporters, price them sensibly and season ticket sales would fly.

It's an absolute 'no brainer', however..............😟.........

Indeed. Anyone on the ownership side of the club with any interest in sales, revenues, fans, atmosphere, attendances, income - would quickly realise this.

Even those not sick to death of Mowbray and his cronies but might 'um and ah' about a season ticket would no doubt be much more likely to get one with fresh faces, ideas, people around the place and something to buy into than 'same again'

This is a huge summer on and off the pitch. Make the changes - get rid of the busted flush and recruit sensibly - even on a limited budget - and the ending of restrictions could mean a bright future, healthy crowds, optimism.

I'm afraid sticking with this lot and bad news on recruitment it could be the death knell for the club, both in terms of Championship status and in terms of future crowds.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Indeed. Anyone on the ownership side of the club with any interest in sales, revenues, fans, atmosphere, attendances, income - would quickly realise this.

Even those not sick to death of Mowbray and his cronies but might 'um and ah' about a season ticket would no doubt be much more likely to get one with fresh faces, ideas, people around the place and something to buy into than 'same again'

This is a huge summer on and off the pitch. Make the changes - get rid of the busted flush and recruit sensibly - even on a limited budget - and the ending of restrictions could mean a bright future, healthy crowds, optimism.

I'm afraid sticking with this lot and bad news on recruitment it could be the death knell for the club, both in terms of Championship status and in terms of future crowds.

Absolutely, 100%.

It's up to Venkys, or is it?!....

Edited by darrenrover

18 hours ago, Stuart said:

The protests I got involved in ultimately saw Kean removed.

But to cut a long story short, despite you wanting change, there is nothing you are prepared to do to try to affect it. Quite the opposite, you are prepared to help Mowbray and Waggott - because they are relying on fans just like you.

Your need to buy club merchandise is greater than any moral stance you might take.

Your posts on this topic sum up exactly why we are stuck with all of these people. I’ve tried to give you every chance but discussion about this with you is pointless. I just hope others out there - who are remaining silent - are a little more prepared to do the bare minimum to show their strength of feeling than you are.

Kean left cos of Shebby Singh and got a pay off for leaving our club.

What do you want to do? Stuart, if you want protest and boycott merchandise then get on with it but you havent done any kind of survey of fans to see if they is ever any kind of appetite for either of those options? So why not?

Also after this pandemic that has seen Rovers fans lock out of watching our club. Getting back into Ewood next season inside the stadium to voice our opinions at the Manager. 

Why should I told my step-daughter that she can't have a Rovers shirt or any club merchandise? 

Stuart, we are stuck with Mowbray cos fans haven't been allowed into a stadium for 13 months otherwise I think he might have been gone by now. 

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kean left cos of Shebby Singh and got a pay off for leaving our club.

What do you want to do? Stuart, if you want protest and boycott merchandise then get on with it but you havent done any kind of survey of fans to see if they is ever any kind of appetite for either of those options? So why not?

Also after this pandemic that has seen Rovers fans lock out of watching our club. Getting back into Ewood next season inside the stadium to voice our opinions at the Manager. 

Why should I told my step-daughter that she can't have a Rovers shirt or any club merchandise? 

Stuart, we are stuck with Mowbray cos fans haven't been allowed into a stadium for 13 months otherwise I think he might have been gone by now. 

Being in stadiums wouldnt have made a difference. Kean wasnt sacked even after relentless abuse in the stadiums because they dont care less. 

Do you intend on shouting abuse at the manager next season personally?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Being in stadiums wouldnt have made a difference. Kean wasnt sacked even after relentless abuse in the stadiums because they dont care less. 

Do you intend on shouting abuse at the manager next season personally?

The Kean's situation is completely different one in my opinion for different reasons. 

I think Mowbray would have resign if fans turn on him. That's my opinion.  

If we playing badly and losing yes I will voice my opinions. Are you going? 

Interesting to read there are still fans blaming, at least in part, those who still attend or intend to for our current situation.

While this continues, what is it now ten years?, the fan base will never unite to oust the owners.

22 hours ago, JHRover said:

- 20% off home cup games

Stoke's season ticket offer is very good and attractive. 

Hoping Rovers do something very similar..adult season ticket for 250 pounds for all areas apart from the upper Jack Walker stand. with free admission to under 23's and 18's games. 

On shirts, all down to the design of Home and Away shirt and training kit. 

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Interesting to read there are still fans blaming, at least in part, those who still attend or intend to for our current situation.

While this continues, what is it now ten years?, the fan base will never unite to oust the owners.

At this moment in time is it the owners that need ousting? 

As for renewal next season it's a real catch 22 situation. Renew and you're effectively endorsing the abysmal performance of Mowbray, Venus and Waggott.

Abstain, and the more people that do that gives Waggott the perfect excuse to mothball more and more of Ewood and come up with another scheme to flog Brockhall.

I really really don't want to do either but obviously I'll have to do one or the other. I'm erring on the side of renewing so I can vent my disapproval against the Coventrio from inside the ground and lobby for their removal from the moral high ground of being a season ticket holder rather than being someone who no longer attends games or who contributes nothing to the Club financially.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hoping Rovers do something very similar..adult season ticket for 250 pounds for all areas apart from the upper Jack Walker stand. with free admission to under 23's and 18's games. 

£250?

You're having a laugh aren't you, Swag got rid of the affordable seating and raised prices to a near minimum £400 for a season when no-one could attend!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How would that work for those that paid £400 for this season? As they are expecting a pro rata reduction on next season. They getting in for free if we follow Stoke’s policy?

It’s moot anyway as we won’t be seeing such competitive pricing here as it’s not what Waggott is here to do, especially with probable ongoing Covid restrictions capping numbers  - he’ll continue to try and rinse the remaining core for top dollar

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

£250?

You're having a laugh aren't you, Swag got rid of the affordable seating and raised prices to a near minimum £400 for a season when no-one could attend!

If Rovers want to entice fans back to Ewood Park and non season ticket holders then that sort of price needed Surely better to 15k fans at £250 is better than 8k at £400. Plus more people to buy merchandise, food and drinks items 

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

How would that work for those that paid £400 for this season? As they are expecting a pro rata reduction on next season. They getting in for free if we follow Stoke’s policy?

It’s moot anyway as we won’t be seeing such competitive pricing here as it’s not what Waggott is here to do, especially with probable ongoing Covid restrictions capping numbers  - he’ll continue to try and rinse the remaining core for top dollar

Isn't their price £170 anyway? Just keep it the same