BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

5 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

what suspension do you get for being sent off when you are not on the pitch?

Don't know .. I think Parker and Adams were both for abusive language to the officials. Parker completely lost the plot.

The Bournemouth commentators were mystified and saw nothing wrong with the goal

Edited by AllRoverAsia

21 hours ago, JHRover said:

We are losing £20 million a year. On no planet is that financially sensible. Just because some clubs have recently lost more doesn't mean we are sustainably run.

Don't get me wrong - very few clubs in this league are or can be financially sustainable and I'm not suggesting we should try. But please don't make out like our model is clever or sustainable because it isn't.

You seem to miss the point on wages - whether or not it is 'sensible' if it causes us to lose all our assets on free transfers as they head off to rival clubs it isn't good. 

We will never been financally viable(not making a loss each year on the balance sheet) until we get promoted but given that we have owners to fund the club mainly themselves. 

Not sure what current league positions have to do with anything here. 

Cos we have the chance of promotion whilst the club you mention Stoke City promotion hopes seems to be gone.

My original point was that 3 clubs in this division have recently posted astronomical losses way above the magical £39 million over 3 years that is seen on here as the dividing line between manageable and apocalypse embargo/points deduction.

Stoke, Middlesbrough and Bristol City showing that the £39 million thing was a load of codswallop and that if you have clued up owners - Coates, Gibson, Lansdown - they'll find a way to navigate around the rules without sanction.

So why are Stoke, Boro and Bristol City worried about transfer bans, sanctions, etc for next season then? Been reported in their local media 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/steve-lansdown-bristol-city-salary-6682406

Stoke City post £56m loss after being hit by massive double whammy - Stoke-on-Trent Live (stokesentinel.co.uk)

Meanwhile you seem to prefer that we lose our assets for nothing and spend nothing when 2nd in the league and in with a shot of automatic promotion because it is 'sensible' and avoids these punishments that don't materialise for rivals spending and losing a lot more than us.

Personally I'd have preferred we kept our best players under solid contracts, built a squad capable of challenging and going again next year if we miss out this or seizing the opportunity before us in January. I'm sure those owners above would.

You prefer us to be under transfer embargo which means we can't offer increase wage contracts to players like Travis, Buckley, etc for the future. Plus can't sign players for transfer fees and loan players who clubs want a loan fee. So who are we signing permanent? free agents? 

We have made good improve contracts offers to Rothwell, Lenihan and Nyambe to them for nearly 2 years now and they have chosen not to signed that which is their right. Would I be offering wages we shouldn't be paying for them? no I wouldn't. We have a wage budget and we should stick to it. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Buckley, etc for the future. Plus can't sign players for transfer fees and loan players who clubs want a loan fee. So who are we signing permanent? free agents? 

We have made good improve contracts offers to Rothwell, Lenihan and Nyambe to them for nearly 2 years now and they have chosen not to signed that which is their right. Would I be offering wages we shouldn't be paying for them? no I wouldn't. We have a wage budget and we should stick to it. 

Whether they are improved contract offers is fairly objective, but you nor anyone can possibly state that the offers were good. We don't know, seemingly they aren't good enough to tempt 3 regular players in a top 6 Championship side to commit, so how can you possibly state as a matter of fact that they are good?

Of course we should have a wage structure, but if that ceiling was increased by the owners, then we could potentially retain key assets, sell them and be better off as a result in spite of the original wage increase.

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Whether they are improved contract offers is fairly objective, but you nor anyone can possibly state that the offers were good. We don't know, seemingly they aren't good enough to tempt 3 regular players in a top 6 Championship side to commit, so how can you possibly state as a matter of fact that they are good?

Of course we should have a wage structure, but if that ceiling was increased by the owners, then we could potentially retain key assets, sell them and be better off as a result in spite of the original wage increase.

We have been told they were offered new improve contracts by Mowbray and Waggott. 

If you keep increasing wage ceiling each time we can't agree a new contract then what's the point in a wage budget? 

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Delighted with the QPR and Bournemouth losses today. 

Well done Preston for beating Bournemouth. 

Do you think with 3 games more played and 4 points behind, with no goal threat, that we still have a genuine chance of automatic promotion?

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have been told they were offered new improve contracts by Mowbray and Waggott. 

If you keep increasing wage ceiling each time we can't agree a new contract then what's the point in a wage budget? 

I never doubted that they are improved, objectively I am sure they contain some sort of a rise, I clearly specified that it was your use of the word "good" that I contested.

I never suggested increasing the wage ceiling "each time we can't agree a new contract" either.

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Delighted with the QPR and Bournemouth losses today. 

Well done Preston for beating Bournemouth. 

We got away with it today for sure. A pretty limp dick performance at fulham, but it hasn't cost us a whole heap. And a difficult run of games is over now. We have some winnable fixtures coming up and alot of the teams around us will be playing each other..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you think with 3 games more played and 4 points behind, with no goal threat, that we still have a genuine chance of automatic promotion?

Yes. I think Parker and Bournemouth players are under massive pressure there to delivery. Not sure they have in them but time will show. Lets see if they can. 

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I never doubted that they are improved, objectively I am sure they contain some sort of a rise, I clearly specified that it was your use of the word "good" that I contested.

Well that's your choice 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I never suggested increasing the wage ceiling "each time we can't agree a new contract" either.

But soon as you do it for one player than other players' agents will use that against the club each time. Don't forget that Nyambe has the same player agency as Dack and Brereton have. 

Championship Form (Last 6)
Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts BTTS  Last 6  G15  km15  Next match
1 Fulham 6 5 0 1 10 3 7 15 2
WWLWWW
4 206 Tue 08/03 Swansea (a)
2 Millwall 6 5 0 1 8 5 3 15 2
LWWWWW
3 250 Tue 08/03 Blackburn (a)
3 Huddersfield 6 4 2 0 9 2 7 14 2
ddWWWW
4 395 Fri 11/03 West Brom (a)
4 Bournemouth 6 4 0 2 9 6 3 12 4
LWWWWL
2 344 Tue 08/03 Peterborough (h)
5 Luton 6 4 0 2 8 7 1 12 3
WLWWWL
5 475 Tue 08/03 Coventry (a)
6 Swansea 6 4 0 2 9 9 0 12 2
WLWLWW
3 420 Tue 08/03 Fulham (h)
7 Middlesbrough 6 3 1 2 13 10 3 10 6
DWLWLW
5 480  
8 Cardiff 6 3 1 2 7 5 2 10 3
WDLLWW
5 467  
9 Coventry 6 3 1 2 8 9 -1 10 4
WLWWDL
4 325 Tue 08/03 Luton (h)
10 Sheffield Utd 6 2 3 1 6 2 4 9 1
ddWWLD
4 231 Tue 08/03 Middlesbrough (h)
11 Nott'm Forest 6 2 3 1 8 5 3 9 3
LWDdWD
3 191 Sat 12/03 Reading (h)
12 Preston 6 2 3 1 6 5 1 9 3
dWLdDW
4 167  
13 Barnsley 6 3 0 3 7 7 0 9 2
LWLWWL
4 264 Tue 08/03 Stoke (h)
14 Blackpool 6 2 2 2 9 7 2 8 5
DLDLWW
4 685  
15 Birmingham 6 2 1 3 9 10 -1 7 4
LWDLLW
4 319 Sat 12/03 Hull (h)
16 Reading 6 2 1 3 8 11 -3 7 4
LdWWLL
4 585 Sat 12/03 Nott'm Forest (a)
17 Derby 6 2 0 4 5 8 -3 6 2
LWLLLW
5 334 Sat 12/03 Bournemouth (a)
18 Bristol City 6 2 0 4 7 11 -4 6 5
WLWLLL
4 195 Sat 12/03 Blackburn (a)
19 Stoke 6 1 2 3 9 9 0 5 4
WDDLLL
5 480 Tue 08/03 Barnsley (a)
20 Hull 6 1 2 3 4 6 -2 5 1
LdDLWL
4 381 Sat 12/03 Birmingham (a)
21 QPR 6 1 1 4 4 8 -4 4 3
LLDWLL
4 290 Sun 13/03 Luton (a)
22 West Brom 6 1 1 4 3 8 -5 4 1
LdLLLW
4 535 Fri 11/03 Huddersfield (h)
23 Blackburn 6 1 1 4 1 6 -5 4 0
LLdLWL
3 372 Tue 08/03 Millwall (h)
24 Peterborough 6 0 1 5 1 10 -9 1 1
LdLLLL
5 370 Tue 08/03 Bournemouth (a)

League Table for this division

10 hours ago, rigger said:

I expect us to go undefeated for the rest of the season. Whether we win enough of those games to get promotion, I would not like to say.

Why?

We never look like scoring, we certainly won't be going the rest of the season undefeated.

10 hours ago, rigger said:

I expect us to go undefeated for the rest of the season. Whether we win enough of those games to get promotion, I would not like to say.

Highly unlikely we won’t lose at least one. Millwall in midweek is a possibility - they’re on a good run and can overtake us on our present form.

Bournemouth and QPR lost games yesterday from winning positions. It happens. We might go unbeaten from here but it’s fanciful in my view

11 hours ago, rigger said:

With one goal in our last 6 games how is it possible to have such expectations?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We will never been financally viable(not making a loss each year on the balance sheet) until we get promoted but given that we have owners to fund the club mainly themselves. 

Cos we have the chance of promotion whilst the club you mention Stoke City promotion hopes seems to be gone.

So why are Stoke, Boro and Bristol City worried about transfer bans, sanctions, etc for next season then? Been reported in their local media 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/steve-lansdown-bristol-city-salary-6682406

Stoke City post £56m loss after being hit by massive double whammy - Stoke-on-Trent Live (stokesentinel.co.uk)

You prefer us to be under transfer embargo which means we can't offer increase wage contracts to players like Travis, Buckley, etc for the future. Plus can't sign players for transfer fees and loan players who clubs want a loan fee. So who are we signing permanent? free agents? 

How many times do I have to repeat this. No I don't want us to be under a transfer embargo. The point I am making is that we wouldn't be put under one if we spent some money or gave improved deals to our best players - the clubs I mentioned previously are evidence of that.

I don't care what their local media speculates about. If it is anything like the Telegraph they will be wrong. 

When or if we secure these players to new deals then I might feel differently about things but talking about new deals has supposedly been going on for 18 months with 3 important players who are now set to leave the club for nothing so I'll wait and see what happens on the others rather than believing what Waggott says is happening.

The wage budget we have means we pay Gallagher and Ayala substantial wages whilst we can't pay Nyambe an increase a fraction of that. 

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes. I think Parker and Bournemouth players are under massive pressure there to delivery. Not sure they have in them but time will show. Lets see if they can. 

Well that's your choice 

But soon as you do it for one player than other players' agents will use that against the club each time. Don't forget that Nyambe has the same player agency as Dack and Brereton have. 

Bit of a naughty post (again). 

The contested use of the word good. It's a bit cheeky to state something as fact - and one that hasn't been proved.at that - however any challenging of said "fact" is merely an opinion or choice. Great to see the go posts moved for different posters. 

Also it's a bit naughty suggesting a poster is saying to break the wage ceiling when they clearly aren't advocating that but a more competitive offer. Nor was the poster suggesting a transfer embargo is fine - and offered evidence that this may not happen - yet again this is stated as their position. 

Like there's two totally different conversations going on. Shame as the original posts were imo rather clear. 

2 hours ago, 47er said:

With one goal in our last 6 games how is it possible to have such expectations?

One in seven I’m afraid! I’d call it a ‘goal scoring crisis’ not ‘concerning’ unlike the media and many of our fans on social media.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

Automatics have been there for the taking but we've been carried by Ben's goals and without them haven't been able to keep up the pace with a stumbling Bournemouth.

Good chance of play offs though.

Edited by gazzaa2

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

One in seven I’m afraid! I’d call it a ‘goal scoring crisis’ not ‘concerning’ unlike the media and many of our fans on social media.

A crisis to me would be if we were in the relegation places

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

How many times do I have to repeat this. No I don't want us to be under a transfer embargo. The point I am making is that we wouldn't be put under one if we spent some money or gave improved deals to our best players - the clubs I mentioned previously are evidence of that.

I don't care what their local media speculates about. If it is anything like the Telegraph they will be wrong. 

Who knows what will happen with those clubs for next season regarding transfer embargo. But their financials are mess of those clubs. 

Surely their local media knows alot more about their local clubs then us. 

On Us, We were in embargo earlier in the summer before Venkys bought their training ground to make us make their 39 million losses threshold. 

Going forward, The Armstrong sale money will cover some of those losses maybe all but we should be able to spend some money even if we don't go up this summer. 

When or if we secure these players to new deals then I might feel differently about things but talking about new deals has supposedly been going on for 18 months with 3 important players who are now set to leave the club for nothing so I'll wait and see what happens on the others rather than believing what Waggott says is happening.

Was Rothwell an important player for us 18 months ago? 

If those players want to leave and move on at the end of the contract then thats their choice. 

The wage budget we have means we pay Gallagher and Ayala substantial wages whilst we can't pay Nyambe an increase a fraction of that. 

We have just agreed a new long term contract for Kaminski so money is there for wages but we have made each player an improved contract offer as Mowbray has said but none of those want to sell. 

I said last week we had 5 meetings with Nyambe and his agent over the last week in January and first couple of weeks in February before they ended talks and won't engage with the club again. This is from a different social media Rovers related site.  As someone posted on here maybe he wants to move on from Rovers and move to a new club or country like France. But I haven't seen any clubs linked with him so where and who is interested in him. Just hope his agent hasn't sold down the river there

Edited by chaddyrovers