BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

News From Other Leagues

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

And another local team in Rochdale were relegated to the National Conference.

Joining neighbours Oldham Athletic. It's surprising the former league clubs that are there in the National League.

Wrexham, Notts County, Southend Utd, Chesterfield, Halifax Town, Gateshead, York City, Aldershot, Torquay Utd and Scunthorpe Utd; eleven of twenty four.

19 minutes ago, bazza said:

Joining neighbours Oldham Athletic. It's surprising the former league clubs that are there in the National League.

Wrexham, Notts County, Southend Utd, Chesterfield, Halifax Town, Gateshead, York City, Aldershot, Torquay Utd and Scunthorpe Utd; eleven of twenty four.

Add Maidstone United, Dagenham&Redbridge, and Yeovil to that list. 

Then go lower down for Kidderminster, Hereford, Chester, Darlington, Southport, etc.

Quite a few of the clubs mentioned are reformed after the originals went out of existence.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bazza said:

I’ve seen all those teams play at Spotland ( now the Crown Oil Arena ) with the exception of Gateshead.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’ve seen all those teams play at Spotland ( now the Crown Oil Arena ) with the exception of Gateshead.

41 minutes ago, bazza said:

Apart from Gateshead, I have seen the Rovers at all their grounds. In league games. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
10 hours ago, not exactly Scarface said:

You'd forget you have a membership on some forums, we've been away too long.    Stuck in a league that should never have occurred in the first place.

League One is horrible.    All right we won a promotion with something to spare but the seasons spent in it were bloody hard work.      If Marcus Evans had never been removed long before time we'd be getting ready for League Two next season.      

Looking forward to chat and discussion on Rovers Talk next season when the two clubs meet once again.     Bring your fans down to PR if you can make it, it's a lot more enjoyable experience than seasons before.   

We've scored just about 100 goals and obtained just about 100 points, lost 4 out of 45 and not even sure of winning the league.   😕   Forget what Plymouth or Norwich say, we are the best team in League One.      Just had a stumble at rare times this season that cost us points / held us back at certain times.         

I think the stats speak for themselves, if Ipswich played Plymouth 10 times they'd realistically win 8 or 9 of those. Individually the best team in L1 without a doubt, but if Plymouth win the title then they'll be the best at gaining points over the course of the season, so you can only say fair play to them. Especially considering their lack of resource when compared to most of the teams in that top six bracket. Their season has been unbelievable really.

8 hours ago, DE. said:

I think the stats speak for themselves, if Ipswich played Plymouth 10 times they'd realistically win 8 or 9 of those. Individually the best team in L1 without a doubt

Except Ipswich have played Plymouth twice this season, lost 1 and drawn 1 so I’m not sure Plymouth wouldn’t grind results out in those 10 games as they have done all season.

To be fair, Ipswich have taken 42 points from the last 48 available, which is phenomenal.

Edited by Hasta

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Except Ipswich have played Plymouth twice this season, lost 1 and drawn 1 so I’m not sure Plymouth wouldn’t grind results out in those 10 games as they have done all season.

To be fair, Ipswich have taken 42 points from the last 48 available, which is phenomenal.

I guess I'll go with the 8 rather than 9 then 🙂 but yeah, the form Ipswich have been in over the past few months has been nothing short of sensational. Some shrewd January signings and a wave of incredible momentum has got them back into the Championship. Both Plymouth and Ipswich have really had to hold their nerve considering how many points Sheffield Wednesday have in 3rd. Two of Ipswich's final four games were against Peterborough (5th at the time) and Barnsley (4th), both away, and they won both matches 3-0. A fully deserved promotion, and both teams will come up to the Championship with a lot of confidence. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Looks like Derby will miss out on Playoff place. I wonder if Paul Warne regrets leaving Rotherham for Derby or not? 

If he does I imagine that he just needs to have a look at his bank balance.

1 hour ago, GHR said:

Isn't this the first time ever Morecambe have been relegated? Not bad for a club over 100 years old!

They spent about 70 years at the very lowest level they possibly could, hence the stat, but yeah since they started climbing the pyramid they’ve never gone back down a level until today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GHR said:

Isn't this the first time ever Morecambe have been relegated? Not bad for a club over 100 years old!

shame for Morecambe but they have success in recent seasons. Derek Adams seems to fit that club. 

League 1 last day tomorrow. Bradford and Salford need a point to make sure they get those playoff place. Hope both do it. Plus Stockport could get Automatic promotion if they win tomorrow and Northampton lose. Exciting day of football tomorrow  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

shame for Morecambe but they have success in recent seasons. Derek Adams seems to fit that club. 

League 1 last day tomorrow. Bradford and Salford need a point to make sure they get those playoff place. Hope both do it. Plus Stockport could get Automatic promotion if they win tomorrow and Northampton lose. Exciting day of football tomorrow  

So you want Salford owned by a bunch of ex Man U players to get in the playoffs,rather anybody but them for me

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

So you want Salford owned by a bunch of ex Man U players to get in the playoffs,rather anybody but them for me

yes. I have watched their story on the class of 92 from the start. Very interesting watch and enjoyable 

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

They spent about 70 years at the very lowest level they possibly could, hence the stat, but yeah since they started climbing the pyramid they’ve never gone back down a level until today.

Oh yeah I knew it wasn't some incredible adventure they'd been on over the years, but it's still not a bad go! Gainsborough Trinity managed 145 years until 2018, primarily through being 'unelected', laterally transferred between leagues, and being stuck at the glass ceiling below the Football League.