BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

11 hours ago, Upside Down said:

That's disgusting.

It sounds like the FF is mostly made up of venkys boot lickers.

What's in it for them? They're the football equivalent of the vichy french. Absolutely pathetic.

The FF is made up of people who give up their free time without reward to represent supporters' views. If you don't like their approach why not apply to be one of them ?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Waggott has had 12 months to address the debacle of last year's approach to season tickets, but has chosen to do nothing of substance to increase numbers.

Nothing will change until he's gone. It's not in his personal interest to do so.

The tone is set by Venkys. I think they have taken everything very personally in the last 13 years, and look upon us with disdain. This, ultimately, is probably why the relationship can never be repaired, and why we'll never see a pricing strategy that is in touch with the supporter base. They are so distant, they may as well be on another planet. Parts of Ewood get shut down, the camera gets moved to the other side of the pitch so that the stadium looks a bit nicer when, in reality, it is being run into the ground. Venkys (the ones at the very top) never truly feel what is going on down at Ewood, and that matters. Somebody whispering bits and pieces to them is no good.

Waggott could go, but he'll be replaced by another one that is basically tasked with the same stuff. Ideally, he'd be replaced by a strong character that can convince the owners that supporters are not the enemy, and that it's important to have as many of us in the stadium as possible cheering on the side like the good old days. That's highly unlikely. We've seen before what happens to those who voice an opinion that closely resembles the truth.

Venkys will have only ever seen a hostile atmosphere at Ewood. That's probably another reason why they think we are nothing more than an angry mob, and that we don't deserve anything back.

It's always the same. Whatever it is they want to do with this club is overshadowed by the deep dis-care of the supporters. I don't mind too much about last season's plan - to get academy players through and start making use of it, while trying to phase out our reliance on loans. I hope we carry on in the same vain, but time will tell.

As for us as supporters, nothing will ever change while Venkys are in charge. I suspect the despise us, and will never be seen down at Ewood again. Unless it's the son.

• Like 4

I, as you know, go to Sale Sharks matches. I was there yesterday when they qualified for the Premiership final. Two of the owners, Simon and Michelle, walked in with the players from the team coach, and at the end of the match Simon, as he usually does, went round the pitch, shaking hands with fans, thanking them for their support. The team is growing; crowds are increasing. Because of the disappearance of Worcester and Wasps, meaning we didn't get full value for our season tickets, we didn't pay for yesterday's match. This is the kind of ownership Rovers need. Someone who gets it and cares as much as any fan. 

• Like 3

As if they'd be bothered about that.

As long as he says yes and doesn't rock the boat whilst hitting his £ figures ( not sales figures but income figure ) and covers his own wages they'll leave him be.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I see from Rovers socials that work has started on the Ewood pitch ready for next season. I'm assuming that Maggot is still looking into funding for a Desso pitch and it's just getting its usual re-seed?

Anyone heard anything to the contrary?

Correct. No Desso pitch and just the usual minimum effort of removing the top layer and replacing. 

He'll come with some flannel about how much it is costing and how kind the owners have been but it is pretty much the bare minimum to expect of any professional football club.

• Like 1

On 17/05/2023 at 17:24, roversfan99 said:

The owners planned and then went back on their promise to re lay it last summer. All on them, again.

in devil's advocate mode they seemingly agreed to shell out huge wages for O Brien. Was that calamity their fault as well and why would they do that but refuse to pay for a new pitch?

As a point of order I think the top of the pitch  was reseeded and relaid as is usual last season and bits of the pitch replaced with the latest technology but of course the entire infrastructure desperately needs replacing from undersoil heating upwards.

Whatever we are paying this guy you could use elsewhere and replace with a chimpanzee. 

We seem to be getting it right on the football side finally but the commercial side is a shambles and needs someone much better in post than this guy.

14 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

in devil's advocate mode they seemingly agreed to shell out huge wages for O Brien. Was that calamity their fault as well and why would they do that but refuse to pay for a new pitch?

As a point of order I think the top of the pitch  was reseeded and relaid as is usual last season and bits of the pitch replaced with the latest technology but of course the entire infrastructure desperately needs replacing from undersoil heating upwards.

It was specifically said that Venkys having initially promised to redo the pitch changed their mind for financial reasons. Simple as that.

14 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So Waggott has slid quietly into the background and survived another year.

The most notable of his "accomplishments" this season appears to be that a potential match day mascot was denied the chance to fulfil the role because not only did he have to wear the current shirt, we didnt have any stock left for his parents to purchase.

And swanning around at St. Andrews as various transfer deadline day deals went tits up.

Surely to God he must be nearing retirement by now. It will be a happy day when he finally departs the Club. I don't expect us or the size of the fanbase to be in a particularly healthy state by that stage but it will be a victory of sorts if he leaves with our infrastructure such as Brockhall still intact.

Counting down the days..........

He certainly wont be let go by the owners as they dont show enough of an interest in the club to sack underperformers.

41 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It was specifically said that Venkys having initially promised to redo the pitch changed their mind for financial reasons. Simple as that.

He certainly wont be let go by the owners as they dont show enough of an interest in the club to sack underperformers.

As far as I can see he isn't underperforming in their eyes. He was boasting recently about reaching his target on season ticket revenue so I assume from that they see him a performing rather than asking why we have thousands of empty seats, why we ran out of merchandise before Christmas and why four players have walked for nothing (amongst a whole host of other issues). It's the perfect storm for him.

I can't stand Waggott but I see him more as a symptom of these awful owners.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Playing devils advocate against the devils advocate, who says they had agreed O'Brien's wages?

Perhaps getting things in a muddle, with what seems like standard paperwork, could have been a way of showing the fans and even the manager, that they tried, but the pesky deadline went against us.

A very convenient and perhaps cunning way of keeping the funds intact in the club and for our friend the CEO to hit his target.

• Like 1