BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

28 minutes ago, Mike E said:

They're shaming the recent men's performances tbh.

The Ladies certainly put the effort in and there is no shortage of skill and technique.

Sweden looked decent first half and dominated the physical side of the game and should have scored at least 1. England destroyed them in the second although I would fault the keeper on the 2nd and 4th.

It is much slower than the men's game but enjoyable just the same.

I am sure that most of the over 28k who attended would agree.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Give over Gav.  I'd like to see her touches in the tournament.  Useless.

England have just hammered Sweden to make the final and you’re picking fault.

Embarrassing to be honest. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The Ladies certainly put the effort in and there is no shortage of skill and technique.

Sweden looked decent first half and dominated the physical side of the game and should have scored at least 1. England destroyed them in the second although I would fault the keeper on the 2nd and 4th.

It is much slower than the men's game but enjoyable just the same.

I am sure that most of the over 28k who attended would agree.

Absolutely class. Bouncing down Bramall Lane on the way out.

The women’s game is gonna be huge. It’s different yeah, but it’s still quality football. Imagine how good it’s gonna be with another 10 years of professionalism behind it.

Roll on Sunday.

IT’S COMING HOME

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Not really I just think for the final we can be stronger.

A lot must agree with me as White is trending ....

I would agree that White is nearing the end of her England career but her physicality will be needed in the final.

I'm thinking about the French CBs who are not shrinking violets, the Germans the same.

I do also think that Russo now looks like the more natural striker/ goal scorer even after missing a decent chance tonight.

I can understand the argument with dropping White.

But she’s still class, a presence up top, and it’s a big call to change the starting team that got you to the final.

The Russo goal was filthy though, sheer quality.

7 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I can understand the argument with dropping White.

But she’s still class, a presence up top, and it’s a big call to change the starting team that got you to the final.

White won't get a kick v Reynard etc.  It's plain to see she's too slow...I think she's playing because of sentimental reasons rather than merit

Watched the first half and bits and pieces of the second half, it's the first bit of ladies football I've watched for a good decade and have to say i was very impressed how far its come along in 10-15. 

Goalkeeping needs worked on though. 3 of our 4 goals shouldn't have gone in and from what i hear its fairly common across the game. 1st goal was a beauty though! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

White won't get a kick v Reynard etc.  It's plain to see she's too slow...I think she's playing because of sentimental reasons rather than merit

Yeah I know what you’re saying. I really rate Russo too, she’s got the lot.

Just don’t see her being dropped for the final after starting the rest.

Ellen does a job, she’ll scrap and beat them up a bit, could give us a bit of a foothold in the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

So who would we prefer in the final.? 

White taking a fair bit of stick tonight, unfairly IMHO as she's done well. 

Milly Bright player of the tournament so far for me. 

Good luck in the final girls... Every one of you deserves it. 

Surely Germany. But either team will be massively tough, France can be lethal.

England have the momentum though, hopefully that’s enough to help them over the line.

• Like 1

I'm. Hoping Germany as well. They made hard work of their last opposition and if we can keep their forwards quiet....... Every chance. 

France are overrated defensively IMHO and Reynard, although good, isn't brilliant. Its the other end of the pitch that worries me...... Cascarino the main worry. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

So who would we prefer in the final.? 

White taking a fair bit of stick tonight, unfairly IMHO as she's done well. 

Milly Bright player of the tournament so far for me. 

Good luck in the final girls... Every one of you deserves it. 

Milly Bright is a class act. A womens football version of Bobby Moore.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Milly Bright is a class act. A womens football version of Bobby Moore.

She was way out of position early on and should have been punished.  I know it sounds daft but we've not been really tested at the back yet...France have some quick and direct forwards but then so have we....4-4

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

What's the view in scaaatland

Funnily enough it hasn't been mentioned. However if it was the Scottish elephant polo or women's curling teams they would be all over it.

To be fair I haven't really watched any of it either.

• Like 1

I've really enjoyed watching it tbf. It was funny watching it in the pub last night. A few moans & groans about women's football early on then by the end, the same blokes cheering the team on & getting into it.

Just seen that Russo goal again, absolute filth! 😆

The discussion on Goalkeeping is interesting as I've been saying it for a while. They don't seem to have the spring or anticipation the same as their male counterparts. The latter can be coached, however I wonder if the former is purely biology, I don't know, I could be wrong.

My daughter's team had a really good keeper last year who has been snapped up by Chorley. I can see her going on to bigger things & ending up at  much bigger club - Molly Finch, you heard it here first! 😉

This season, my daughter has moved teams to a bigger club who have just set up their first womens team. Funnily enough, the hardest position they found to fill was goalkeeper, so maybe there's not the same interest in the position, hence the lack of quality. Everyone wants to be the goal scoring hero.

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Mike E said:

That bit of absolute filth from Russo for the third goal was 🤌🤌🤌

21 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Lovely goal. Ruben Rochina-esque. Who did he do that against? Leeds or Sheff Wed?

17 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

The discussion on Goalkeeping is interesting as I've been saying it for a while. They don't seem to have the spring or anticipation the same as their male counterparts. The latter can be coached, however I wonder if the former is purely biology, I don't know, I could be wrong.

The women's game has come on immeasurably over the last 10-20 years, but it's the goalkeeping that continues to lag behind.

I think it's purely biological, largely based on height but also reduced explosive power. At the end of the day, you very rarely see a male professional goalkeeper below 6ft, indeed most these days are probably 6-2 and above.

I'm not sure what you can do. Realistically they should probably have smaller goals but then it becomes a different sport and less easily replicated at grassroots level, which no one wants to see.

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

The women's game has come on immeasurably over the last 10-20 years, but it's the goalkeeping that continues to lag behind.

I think it's purely biological, largely based on height but also reduced explosive power. At the end of the day, you very rarely see a male professional goalkeeper below 6ft, indeed most these days are probably 6-2 and above.

I'm not sure what you can do. Realistically they should probably have smaller goals but then it becomes a different sport and less easily replicated at grassroots level, which no one wants to see.

I think it just needs the professionalism to keep coming in.

In fairness, Earps made a genuinely terrific belly-up save just before 2-0 (or was it before the 3-0 back-heel?)

• Like 1