BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

40 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Toney has been axed from tonight's squad.  Makes no sense as he's exactly the type of player Italian defenders hate playing against.  Kane will be marked out of the game

Him, Stones, Guehi, Henderson, and Chilwell are out of tonight's squad. 

He'll play some part against the Germans. 

What reserve striker to pick is yet another a tricky decision for Southgate. Unless Kane is injured he's playing every minute. I like Calvert-Lewin but he's hardly played any football since last year's Euros.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The Nations League has been a failure, pretty clear that players, managers and most fans don’t give a shite about it. It’s still all about the two tournaments.

Very true there Matty. Its a utter pointless competition and another mess from UEFA

57 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

What reserve striker to pick is yet another a tricky decision for Southgate. Unless Kane is injured he's playing every minute. I like Calvert-Lewin but he's hardly played any football since last year's Euros.

Surely the main back up striker will be Tammy Abraham now. 

I don’t understand the animosity towards the nations league. It’s interesting and far more entertaining than pointless friendlies. It gives teams of equal ability to compete against each other . Yeah it’s not the world cup or euros but surly this is better than the alternative. I think it didn’t get a chance to really take off due to Covid . I know it isn’t taken seriously, more like the community shield than the fa cup but surly fans would rather watch this than us batter estonia or whoever in a friendly

• Like 2

It’s the players and managers that have animosity towards it. 

Personally I’d play all internationals (qualifiers) in one block per season. And some pre tournament warm ups, and that would be it.

So we wouldn’t need either an invented ‘competitive’ competition or friendlies attempting to fill up endless international breaks through the year.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s the players and managers that have animosity towards it. 

I get that but it would be the same for friendlies due to the amount of games that have to be played . I’m hoping now Covid has gone and once this World Cup is out the way it will settle down and teams might take it more seriously 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Toney is very different striker to Kane. I think Chelsea should have sign him as their main striker.

They should have never sold Abraham! You'd expect Toney to cost double. I'd disagree with the earlier poster, always thought Abraham was fairly underrated even when he was banging in the goals for Villa and early on for Lampard at Chelsea. His exploits in Italy show he is very near to (if not already) a top level striker. Kane of course is in another class completely.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very true there Matty. Its a utter pointless competition and another mess from UEFA

Surely the main back up striker will be Tammy Abraham now. 

You’ve missed the point. The nations league isn’t intended to compete with the World Cup, it’s designed to produce games that have more significance than friendlies, which it does.

• Like 3

Should get Sterling off, bring on Toney on to play in a two with Kane and drop Foden into central midfield.

Its so daft the 343. The wing backs can't get forward because they are crowded out by their own wide forwards.

Go 352 and everyone's a winner. We get an extra centre mid to compete. Kane gets a partner to help get the ball to stick, and the wing backs have the room to bomb on.

4 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

You’ve missed the point. The nations league isn’t intended to compete with the World Cup, it’s designed to produce games that have more significance than friendlies, which it does.

Does it, how? How is this any different than just organising a friendly with Italy?