BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

16 hours ago, roverandout said:

Until we produce midfielders that can control possession we will never win anything.  Bellingham is a pretty good passer but he's not a modric or de bruyne.  Rice is a good all action midfielder but hes not a passer of the ball. The best English midfielder who could control a game was carrick and we badly underused him

Scholes?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roverstdt said:

How Mount no goals or assist, Chilwell doesn't even play, Grealish done nothing this season and he openly admited he hasn't performed, Dier agreed

Chilwell is coming back from injury firstly. Mount has a lack of form recently but is a quality player. Grealish has the skill and fair I want in my team where we can create chances for Kane and others to score. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Those results have not been BECAUSE those managers were English, it is down to the individual.

It's quite clear that our best tournements results happens when we have an English manager in charge. Here are a few examples for you. Semi-final under Bobby Robson in 1990 world cup or same in Euro 96 under Terry Venables or the 2 tournaments under Gareth Southgate. 

In my opinion, we should always have an English manager/coach in charge of the England national team

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chilwell is coming back from injury firstly. Mount has a lack of form recently but is a quality player. Grealish has the skill and fair I want in my team where we can create chances for Kane and others to score. 

It's quite clear that our best tournements results happens when we have an English manager in charge. Here are a few examples for you. Semi-final under Bobby Robson in 1990 world cup or same in Euro 96 under Terry Venables or the 2 tournaments under Gareth Southgate. 

In my opinion, we should always have an English manager/coach in charge of the England national team

So have all the worst, McLaren failed to qualify for Euro 2008. Hodgson out to Iceland at Euro 2016. Graham Taylor didn't qualify for 1994.

All but 2 of our managers ever have been English, our most successful managers did well because of good management, not because that they are English.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Can any England fan show any positivity after the last few matches?!

Yeah, I can.

I love watching England, often more than Rovers. It’s an incredible feeling when you follow England away in numbers. I was confident in 2016, we had a good team and could have gone further than we did. 2018 the improvement was noticeable. When Luke Shaw scored at Wembley in 2021 I was stood in the Italian end convinced I was about to see us win a trophy. 

I refuse to go to Qatar, it’s a disgrace that it’s happening there. So my positive is that I’m happy that I’m not going to miss us winning a trophy live, because we’re not as good as we where in 2018 or 2021. 

7 hours ago, roverandout said:

I would say current keeper is far better. Kane is better than Owen or Rooney.  Rightback options much better. We had a world class team back then but they didn't have the passion to play for England like these players do

Kane is better than ballon d’or winner Michael Owen and England and uniteds all time top scorer . Really ?

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes but you just said they were in form for their club? Based off what you just wrote here you are saying that they are not in form. So which is it are they or are they not in form? Figures and stats show the later 

For me the England team is now associated with the extreme right of English politics, bigoted yobs who have no idea how to behave respectfully in other countries, the latest debacle being in Milan singing f..k the Pope. The rot set in when the flag of St. George replaced the Union Jack to show support for England. Witness the ruination of the Euro final at Wembley when hordes of drugged in and drunken England scum stormed the turnstiles, the same louts who are causing trouble in club games across the country now. No other nation behaves like this at football tournaments, bigots and arrogant chavs. If any of this shower make it to Qatar, hopefully they get jailed, never to be seen gain. 

6 minutes ago, Giant said:

Unfortunately the England football team is now associated with the extreme right of English politics for me. The rot started when the flag of St. George reared it’s ugly head instead of the Union Jack. The latest debacle is singing f..k the pope in Rome. England are followed by obnoxious yobs who have no idea how to behave in a respectful way in other countries, bringing shame on the nation. They are the same numpties who are causing problems in England post covid. The Euro final was ruined by drugged up and drunk louts smashing their way into Wembley. Hopefully, the bigoted drunks who follow England won’t be in Qatar, and if they are, will end up in jail and will no longer be causing trouble here. 

I can only assume you haven’t been on many England away trips to have the views which you do? It really isn’t like that and the England Supporters Club do a fantastic job of stopping it.

Of course, there will always be idiots that ruin occasions and put shame on the team and the nation, but thankfully they get weeded out quite quickly and the majority of the idiots are forced to handover their passports before the away matches. The biggest problem I’ve always found is that a lot of other nations try to encourage violence with our fans because they’ve heard stories from the 70s, 80s and seen films like Green Street. I met Russians in France that had been in training for fighting ever since they found out they where in the same group as England. They where confused as to why the vast majority of England fans didn’t want anything to do with hooliganism. 

Wembley, much like the Champions League Final, was always going to be like that. That would have happened in almost every other European country and it’s unfair to say it was an ‘English’ thing. You could see it from a mile away (I was there) and they (the stewards, police) where totally ill equipped to stop it because the organisers are on another planet. 

• Like 3

That’s a bit of a muddled take.

Yes, there are complete cretins that follow England, but last year’s final aside it’s absolutely nothing compared to the 70s and 80s when it was the Union Jack draped hooligans causing real havoc across Europe. 

Since the St George’s flag replaced the Union Jack at Euro 96 it has become more more tame with thousands of families following the team home and away, something that was unheard of in the dark old days. ‘Extreme right’ etc is very hyperbolic when the trouble you still do see is largely just immature young lads with a few days off work behaving just like they do in their local town centre on a Friday night. Does that excuse it? No, but binge drinking and cocaine snorting, acting like a twat type behaviour is a major issue for a subset of our society, and football is just another outlet for it.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

All but 2 of our managers ever have been English, our most successful managers did well because of good management, not because that they are English.

Look at the failure under Capello and Eriksson given the salary they were paid and how we played in the tournaments with them at the helm. mostly dire. 

Yes McClaren and Taylor failed but Sir Bobby Robson, Terry Venables and Gareth Southgate have produced our best tournaments in the last 37 years. 

I also believe that the England football manager should be English. If you fine but I won't be changing my opinion on it

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Wembley, much like the Champions League Final, was always going to be like that. That would have happened in almost every other European country and it’s unfair to say it was an ‘English’ thing. You could see it from a mile away (I was there) and they (the stewards, police) where totally ill equipped to stop it because the organisers are on another planet. 

But why do fans from England feel the need to act like this? Basically it’s because of the arrogant and bigoted attitude that prevails in this country, the belief that having a good time always involves being pissed or drugged up and it’s ok to act like a twat and insult other people.

3 minutes ago, Giant said:

But why do fans from England feel the need to act like this? Basically it’s because of the arrogant and bigoted attitude that prevails in this country, the belief that having a good time always involves being pissed or drugged up and it’s ok to act like a twat and insult other people.

It’s a football fan thing, not an England fan thing. There was plenty of Italian English breaking in at Wembley. Just like there was plenty of French breaking in at the Parc des Princess. 

• Like 2

What a pathetic post.  The st George's flag is our national flag first off. Every country has its fair share of yobs. The Hungarians, Bulgarians chanting racist monkey noises at Black players.  Racism is rife in Italian football.  So there's a few English fans who can't behave themselves, there's also alot that do. 

26 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Yes but you just said they were in form for their club? Based off what you just wrote here you are saying that they are not in form. So which is it are they or are they not in form? Figures and stats show the later 

If you look back actually at what I posted I said most of them were in form for their clubs. 

Pickford, Tripper, Stones, Dier, Kane, Foden, Rice, Bellingham all in form. Chilwell on his way back from injury and how best left back imo. Mount and Grealish I want in my team for Creativity 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

It’s a football fan thing, not an England fan thing. There was plenty of Italian English breaking in at Wembley. Just like there was plenty of French breaking in at the Parc des Princess. 

It's this in a nutshell,something to do with being a football fan in a minority of people think it means you have to act like a Dickhead,look at other sports like Rugby and Cricket,fans of different countries mix without the need of a few to ruin things for everyone.

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you look back actually at what I posted I said most of them were in form for their clubs. 

Pickford, Tripper, Stones, Dier, Kane, Foden, Rice, Bellingham all in form. Chilwell on his way back from injury and how best left back imo. Mount and Grealish I want in my team for Creativity 

I don't think Southgate rates chilwell.  He is always second or third choice

1 minute ago, Darrenbot said:

It's this in a nutshell,something to do with being a football fan in a minority of people think it means you have to act like a Dickhead,look at other sports like Rugby and Cricket,fans of different countries mix without the need of a few to ruin things for everyone.

I agree, but that’s generational unfortunately. It stems from 40-50 years ago.