BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

It wasn't even that long ago we were getting 27-28 thousand in for some games. 

People need to remember what things were like when we were a proper club run competently. I for one demand a return to those times and strongly feel that anything less is totally unacceptable. 

At least dream are free, for now at least.

• Like 2

On 07/02/2022 at 12:32, Mattyblue said:

All night games got changed to that a few months back. 

Which is fine, better than being £25 or £30, but price wasn’t the main factor for low evening crowds - red button, work commitments, fewer kids attending, low away support were bigger factors.

It’s weekend games that really need promoting and some out the box ideas tried - and on that I’ve noticed that Millwall a week on Saturday still isn’t on sale, so here’s hoping the delay is due to some kind of offer being up their sleeve (wishful thinking, probably!).

last time i checked this game had been moved to a 12.30 kick off on sky. I checked again and it says back to three and fulham are on sky. Can someone clear up whats happening against millwall Saturday for me please

57 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Too big for who?

As an also ran in this division, perhaps, but considering even under Kean our average PL crowd was around 23,000, I’d say that’s obviously not the case for a club with aspirations of promotion.

I think  Nuttall is lost, is on a wind-up. 

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

last time i checked this game had been moved to a 12.30 kick off on sky. I checked again and it says back to three and fulham are on sky. Can someone clear up whats happening against millwall Saturday for me please

QPR the week after is 12:30, Millwall is 3pm.

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

The official site says 15:00. You would like to believe that they know the kick-off time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Ewood Park is too big for Blackburn.  A 15,000-20,000 capacity stadium would have been plenty.

Further evidence of the dumbing down project which has been ran by the club over the past 10 years. They’ve got a few thousand under 25s believing there’s no hope further than 15K attendances and a championship playoff chase. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Those who largely (not exclusively) don’t attend as walk ons, as the lapsed ST holder and the walk on are largely (not exclusively) two distinct groups. Walk ons tend to stay that way year in year out as that’s how they prefer to consume games.

I’m going to leave it here, the figures are there for you to pursue at your leisure, and I imagine this is boring the pants off everybody else.

Aye, leave it there and agree to disagree.

4 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Ewood Park is too big for Blackburn.  A 15,000-20,000 capacity stadium would have been plenty.

Absolutely not.

Would be perfect for Burnley though with their 18k average in the top flight.👍

The 'too big for Blackburn' comment leaves me suspicious!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 4

The people running the club at the moment think Clitheroe is a long way away. 

10-20 years ago John Williams was making serious efforts to push the club on the Fylde Coast and Lancaster, now they think putting on a free kids bus to Clitheroe is impressive.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

20-25k would suffice and the atmosphere would be better but it is what it is and we've always had the fans (unlike Burnley & PKE).  The trick in Blackburn has always been  to get more in there who can afford it more often.

• Like 1

On 13/02/2022 at 10:21, J*B said:

Further evidence of the dumbing down project which has been ran by the club over the past 10 years. They’ve got a few thousand under 25s believing there’s no hope further than 15K attendances and a championship playoff chase. 

Yes it makes me piss blood when I hear and see those comments about us being "only a small town club"

That was true when we were in the top half of the Premier League but not when we're scratching around in the Second Division, hoping we might maybe one day scrape into the playoffs whilst fighting to stop one of our best players making a mid season move to Bornmouth because they are offering substantially more money.

What a joke this club has become.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 1

I suppose those that have already booked trains will still go. Plus, there haven’t been too many aways in the south east recently (only Luton and that sold out sharpish), so I imagine plenty of the London Branch and other southern based fans will still be there.

Edited by Mattyblue

22 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Not sure if correct  topic but...

Fulham away- 1230 KO and £35 a ticket.

Another potential good away following killed there!

Limited to 1600 away fans due to fulham rebuilding stand on left hand side