BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

Another marketing master-stoke by the Rovers. They are advertising that because they have made the Blackpool and Stoke games more expensive, this makes the final five tickets even better value. They haven't got a clue how to stimulate our fanbase. 

• Like 3

£30-£36 a ticket then for Blackpool and Stoke. What a great way to help the team in the run in. 🙄

So if you are a floating fan that knows you can’t make some of the 5 games of that bundle (that itself is pro rata far more expensive than a half ST), you will have to pay those ridiculous prices.

Absolute nonsensical ticketing policies down there.

• Like 2

Unfortunately I asked O2G on a couple of occasions to raise why these crap bundles are being promoted after failing year after year, for the other week’s meeting, it wasn’t raised by the looks of it.

End of the day they expect Stoke and especially Blackpool to fetch decent numbers, so it’s Cat A. I get the rationale, even if I don’t agree with it when the run in should be about as many folk as possible in the tent.

What do I think is a beyond stupid idea is this ‘Final 5’, which is trying to tie in floating fans, but at £120 (£24 a game) in the JWU, it becomes an unattractive price very quickly if you can’t make one (and many floating fans won’t be able to commit to all 5, that’s why they aren’t a ST holder already)  - so said floating fan will obviously keep his powder dry and pick his games considering he’ll be able to get a Bristol City ticket for a tenner and a Derby ticket for £20 anyway. 

Crap maths, crap marketing, crap knowledge of the buying habits of their own floating fanbase.

Complete clowns and it really needs a new broom from Waggott down.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

@only2garners can these horrendous ticket prices be brought up and serious questions asked of Waggott at the next meeting.

Also, minor points, but that bloody stadium announcer is so irritating, as is the lack of a constant timer.

More importantly, if the question is asked, and Waggot gives a political answer, he should be asked to explain his answer, and his reasoning for the answer.

• Like 2

"We did all we could"

Wednesday afternoon announce Darwen End open for home fans

Thursday morning announce Darwen End shut to home fans due to lack of take up.

Laughable. Just when you think the incompetence couldn't go further.

How many were they expecting to shift in the 7 business hours between announcements?

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 5

The evidence of the utter clueless nature of those paid money to operate that fiasco presents itself on almost a weekly basis.

Now with half a brain they might have offered some further incentive to those who bought those double decker tickets. 

On wednesday evening the online system showed every seat still available in the half of the tier being offered however it wouldnt let you buy a seat! So no wonder take up was poor. There was a decent number in there on tuesday night including the return of the singers in the back corner imsure they would have returned again given the chance but hey ho pißs off your own support

• Like 1

I’m all all about offers, more the merrier for me.

But I did pick up a bit of resentment from some of the ST holders around me the other night about ‘all these offers, what about us that stump up every year?’

It’s getting to the stage where all these offers are starting to annoy some ST holders, but as they are largely shite and a dogs dinner anyway, you aren’t attracting decent numbers - whilst also pissing off your core. So a lose/lose situation.

Complete shambles.

Edited by Mattyblue

It'll just be a stupid lack of communication again probably, god knows how many it takes to organize stuff like this. When the leaders are so clueless though it's bound to filter down.

The point here is there's already the ST holders bring a friend offer so a lot with be going on that instead of full whack in the DE.

Perfectly understandable.

Sounds to me like someone lower down the chain was under the impression that the DE would be open moving forwards after the Double Decker deal.

Wires have been crossed and upon realisation this morning Waggott has put a stop to it.

A club with any sort of plan would be releasing ST details for the DE lower immediately and trying to capitalise on the 800 or so who were in there the last two games and make the area into a singing and dancing stand. I thought the drummer in there improved the atmosphere on Tuesday.

He's so daft he is probably expecting 4000+ Blackpool, Stoke or Bournemouth supporters coming. Not a chance especially at Category A prices. I don't remember Blackpool bringing that many even in the PL. Bournemouth don't travel and Stoke fans a fraction of what they used to. Yet he sees local derby, recent PL club and club chasing promotion and sees bumper followings.

Category A well worth the cost of losing a couple of thousand home fans because the expected increase from a large away following more than covers it.

Blackpool are travelling in decent numbers this season, which is understandable as they are a club with a feel good factor after some horrendous years.

Also they haven’t been to Ewood for a while, so no surprise that’s Cat A.

He’s going to be in for a shock for Stoke and Boscombe though…

On 08/03/2022 at 05:14, LeftWinger said:

Just had the email through from the club about the final five games of the season for £99 and it contained the following line:

"You could be the difference as Tony Mowbray's men continue their charge up towards the top of the division"

I'm not sure charge is the best word to use.

My season ticket cost £90 when I was a junior. That was to watch a top ten Premier League team who were in Europe. 

And I didn’t realise that 12th place was the top of the division. 

5 hours ago, skous18 said:

Is Reading away sold out?

No, I had to phone the ticket office to get mine, they said the reason that it was not possible to get tickets on-line was because only a few at a time were being made available on-line, more would be available later. Another shit way of organising things.