BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The main reason consciously or otherwise is because their results this season have been dismal. Had they done really well they wouldnt care about the Liverpool connections.

plenty of Everton fans had concerns well before his appointment was confirmed

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I know. But im saying that they would have been forgotten if the results were good.

Sentiment never should impact a managerial appointment.

well SSN are reporting that Everton board are having a board meeting tonight to discuss his future

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

villa are as toothless as a raging meth addict

I was thinking similar watching the game. Villa have some tidy footballers but have no cutting edge. They signed Ings to score goals. He is nowhere near to that. Watkins has pace but has also lost his way. 

Add a 15/20 goal striker to that team and they'll be top 6 material.

Man U are Man U. 2 goals from Villa mistakes put them in a good spot, but then had to scramble and hung on for a draw. Fred and Matic in midfield too. 

11 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I was thinking similar watching the game. Villa have some tidy footballers but have no cutting edge. They signed Ings to score goals. He is nowhere near to that. Watkins has pace but has also lost his way. 

Add a 15/20 goal striker to that team and they'll be top 6 material.

Man U are Man U. 2 goals from Villa mistakes put them in a good spot, but then had to scramble and hung on for a draw. Fred and Matic in midfield too. 

Why is it every man and his dog can see cm is an issue but manure managers can't? Not that I am complaining mind. 

7 hours ago, islander200 said:

Benitez sacking will be the final nail in Derby's coffin if Everton take Rooney.Credit to him has done very well with them under those conditions

Would he go to Everton right now? I mean they are an utter shambles. Tough gig to walk in to. And Derby is a win win for him. Keep them up he is a genius - and it would be a hell of a feat - go down and no harm to his rep given its a good showing in the circumstances. 

• Like 1

Rooney seems to know how to managed and set team up defensive. Think he needs to his coaching staff with him. 

Another candidate is Duncan Ferguson. Could he step up now? Possibly. 

But Everton owner has spent millions after millions there but not really improve much. He needs to come up with proper football management structure and appoint the correct people in their roles

24 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Anyone seen jwp knuckleball freekick v wolves? Incredible strike. If he was a better all round player he would be a top 4 player.  His set peices though are the best in the world 

Yeah, it's some hit. 

Was rumoured to leave Southampton a few times but its never seemed to happen.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They won’t have Dyche at Everton, especially after the season Burnley are having.

Weren't the Toffees connected.before with Dyche, when the dingles were doing much better?  Dyche will not be hired at any ither orem club.  He is just not sexy enough.  Too working class really.

I love this obsession with appointing managers for sentimental and/or for their playing careers, its nonsencial. Even if it is done to get a bounce, it won't be a long lasting one. You appoint the best possible manager and dismiss any notions of who a manager used to play for or support.

It would be utterly ridiculous if Everton chose between Rooney and Ferguson, just a desperate attempt to appease the fans and that may work in the short term, but once results took a turn for the worse, that goodwill would soon wane.

Maybe you could argue that Rooney would deserve consideration for the job that he has done at Derby. I am not so sure, as much as I do admire what he has done so far this season. And there is zero evidence that Ferguson is a competent full time manager.

It is the same with us when Ainsworth is suggested, always with some sort of mention back to being a Rovers fan. Should be irrelevant.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I love this obsession with appointing managers for sentimental and/or for their playing careers, its nonsencial. Even if it is done to get a bounce, it won't be a long lasting one. You appoint the best possible manager and dismiss any notions of who a manager used to play for or support.

It would be utterly ridiculous if Everton chose between Rooney and Ferguson, just a desperate attempt to appease the fans and that may work in the short term, but once results took a turn for the worse, that goodwill would soon wane.

Maybe you could argue that Rooney would deserve consideration for the job that he has done at Derby. I am not so sure, as much as I do admire what he has done so far this season. And there is zero evidence that Ferguson is a competent full time manager.

So who would you appoint then as Benitez since you are dismissing Rooney and Ferguson as replacement for Benitez? why?