BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

His tactics seem to be fairly random at the moment and he doesn't have any interest in starting the signing that he desperately wanted, presumably on considerable wages to accompany a potentially large fee in the January window.

He also complained that he couldn't play 3 at the back at Spurs because he didn't have 3 fit centre backs, overlooked by the interviewer was the fact that the admittedly unimpressive Branthwaite was on the bench.

We’ve got three centre halves at Rovers better than Branthwaite.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
21 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I for sure would prefer Everton to stay up at the preferred expense of Watford.

Why anyone wants any NW club relegated from any division is beyond me.

With their games in hand I expect Everton to survive and Lampard to be out in the summer ... whatever happens.

Because it’s Burnley and they’re our local rivals would be my guess.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yes. I don't have that to the same extent. I look at them as a local derby but I'm old enough to have gone to the Turf if we didn't have a game. 

Me too, after playing schoolboy football on a Saturday morning a gang of us would chose a game and jump on a bus or a train.  It could be Rovers, Burnley, Utd, City, Bolton, Bury etc Some times Oldham or even Rochdale.  Rovers were great to watch in that period, we scored goals for fun ( 1962 to 1964 ) so I managed to get the gang to Rovers quite often.

Of course this was in the days of walking up to any ground, putting your money down, and walking in. Standing wherever you felt like standing. None of the bullshit we get today.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I for sure would prefer Everton to stay up at the preferred expense of Watford.

Why anyone wants any NW club relegated from any division is beyond me.

With their games in hand I expect Everton to survive and Lampard to be out in the summer ... whatever happens.

Everton would be a new ground for me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I think next season is their last at Goodison before moving to the Docks.

I went there a lot in the 80s through a business contact/ board member invites.

Of the scouse teams, I have watched the Rovers more at Tranmere than the others.

22 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I think next season is their last at Goodison before moving to the Docks.

I went there a lot in the 80s through a business contact/ board member invites.

The new stadium is still in early stages of development and with all the Usmanov issues, who know when it will be completed. So a few more seasons at Woodison yet…

Edited by Mattyblue

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

The new stadium is still in early stages of development and with all the Usmanov issues, who know when it will be completed. So a few more seasons at Woodison yet…

A huge amount of below ground work and new land creation has already been done. The above ground work and stadium itself is by Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA), basically a huge kit build with assembly onsite but manufacture elsewhere.

I agree though that there are always delays and there will be with this no doubt.

I like following this sort of stuff and a Brentford fan did a great YouTube series following the construction of their new stadium on a postage stamp sized plot of land. All video taken by drone.

• Backroom

Ridiculous red card for Everton 

Strong yellow card rightly given. Var looks 10,000 times in super slow mo and ref eventually convinced to change his mind to red 

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Tom said:

Ridiculous red card for Everton 

Strong yellow card rightly given. Var looks 10,000 times in super slow mo and ref eventually convinced to change his mind to red 

Two footed, off the floor, and out of control is the lines they'll trot out.

Agree though, it's an orange at worst. Certainly not worthy of an overule for being clear and obvious.