BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Waggott said when we spoke that the club had deals for Scottish players on pre-contracts set up. The John Parks effect I guess.

Ulrich may be putting it a trifle bluntly, but given the overall state of Scottish football this should be viewed as a positive because?

11 hours ago, Bohinen1983 said:

If I was Tony Mowbray I'd be giving Joe Rothwell whatever he's asking for. The man is an angel. He glides around a football pitch majestically and blends that with an element of comabtiveness- an absolute joy to watch.  He could easily play Premierleague football.  We've been fortunate enough to witness some top-top talent at Rovers over the years and there's little doubt in my mind Rothwell is in that category.

You simply cannot let this kind of asset leave for nothing- name a like-for-like replacement?! You can't, you simply can't!

Nice to see you posting on the forum Mrs Rothwell, welcome aboard. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would anyone look at signing Brentford's striker Marcus Forss? 

This is suggestion cos he has been linked with other championship clubs and his agents are the same as Mowbray I believe

Is he any good at right-back ?

2 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

McGinn, Robertson, Tierney, Gilmour....?

All pants.. ..

We all know the SPL is like league one level if that, so I'm hardly thrilled we're dredging that pond.

Also deleted? Really? Others on here use far fouler language.

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If we sell Brererton we’ll need another striker. Have we given up on JRC as a right wing back ?

I think Rankin Costello is not destined to ever be a regular football player, every time he gets close to first team football he breaks down and his original injury wasnt even muscular.

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

All pants.. ..

We all know the SPL is like league one level if that, so I'm hardly thrilled we're dredging that pond.

McGinn is easily in the top 10 midfielders in premier league, and Tierney is about to get the arsenal captaincy, but I’m sure your just baiting.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

This is suggestion cos he has been linked with other championship clubs and his agents are the same as Mowbray I believe

Yes, that is a good shout. I thought he would get more of a look in at Brentford with Toney being out recently but that hasn't happened. Canos and Wissa started ahead of him.

He is a good finisher as he showed in their Carabao Cup games this season.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Think we were linked to him before he moved there.

13 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

McGinn is easily in the top 10 midfielders in premier league, and Tierney is about to get the arsenal captaincy, but I’m sure your just baiting.

No baiting, 2 players out of 1000s. Scottish football has declined massively over the years. I hope I am wrong but he's 26, doesn't score much in a weak league, so I'm not expecting much. One of TMs weaknesses has been signing players who just aren't good enough. It's a habit I would like to see him break.

35 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

No baiting, 2 players out of 1000s. Scottish football has declined massively over the years. I hope I am wrong but he's 26, doesn't score much in a weak league, so I'm not expecting much. One of TMs weaknesses has been signing players who just aren't good enough. It's a habit I would like to see him break.

I’d argue that TM’s transfers have been one of his stronger points, particularly now Brereton has come good. Every manager gets a few wrong but TM’s hit rate isn’t that bad. How he uses them is a completely different matter. Last season was a disaster because we’d had a really strong couple of transfer windows and he wasted it.

22 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

It’s glass half full vs glass half empty. No one can win this argument because they are character types. Some people re-Frame everything in their life to find the positive, others do the same to find the negative. The actual facts remain the same. 

What is true though are two things. You have a choice on how you perceive what has happened AND you have a choice on what you do about it….and as a Blackburn Rovers supporter. A lover of the club I don’t think we’ve EVER had a better chance to go up than this season, since we were relegated. This young team have got ‘something’ about them and they need our backing to get to a collective goal…the premier league!

So if fans can find it in their hear to get back to the stadium and support this group then I’m sure it will only serve to improve those chances of promotion further. It doesn’t signify that we support Venkys are that all is forgiven. But it does tell a young footballer that we care and appreciate them….then who knows what we could achieve!

They might find it in their heart but when they go to find it in their wallet they'll likely be struggling.

3 hours ago, Ulrich said:

The Scottish National team are about as good as we have been in about 30 years. It really is a bit unfashioned to slag the Scottish game IMO. There has been way worse generations of the Scottish footballers.

Hedges has spent the majority of his career on the left wing.

No, Mowbrays biggest weakness has been giving new contracts to players that we have all seen aren’t good enough. He nearly had a clean sweep last year, but retained Johnson for some reason. 

I just remembered that Siriki Dembele lad from Peterborough, he was brilliant at Ewood earlier this year, in a bad team. Contract expires in the summer. 

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Yes, that is a good shout. I thought he would get more of a look in at Brentford with Toney being out recently but that hasn't happened. Canos and Wissa started ahead of him.

He is a good finisher as he showed in their Carabao Cup games this season.

would give us another option in the front2/3 depending how we play

12 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Ulrich may be putting it a trifle bluntly, but given the overall state of Scottish football this should be viewed as a positive because?

Such a stupid response. Remember when we just missed out on Mcginn from Hibernian?

Well, considering the “state of the league”, he helped fire villa up and now will end up going to United for 50m+

10 hours ago, Ulrich said:

All pants.. ..

Again - it’s such a stupid idea to completely write off a nation because of your view of its level of quality.

You’re free to that opinion, and I’m free to point out how bloody stupid it is.