BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

23 minutes ago, JBiz said:

When you consider other things said and argued over recent years - the quite un fathomable  love in for Ben Whiteman and the “I’ve got 15 year olds better than” *insert academy player"

Your talking about the Manchester Makele there mate, ask the nobbers

Clarkson, I have better players than him in my county team.

13 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Why would they, freebies in 6 months.

Is that a serious question SR?

Over the last few years only 1 club has offered anything for DL - Sheffield Utd, the bid was turned down he signed a new deal.

Rothwell? Rangers were interested allegedly, if they wanted him a cheap bid would have gone in, truth is they haven’t  and probably won’t.

I know about one club sniffing around these two, it comes from 2 individuals from both clubs who are as I believe unconnected and work in a specific area of football [legal] and even then I do not believe that club will be offering above Rovers contract offers and even more so I don’t think they are ever going to threaten promotion even with their latest new manager!

Thats my take.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JHRover said:

Blinkered again Chaddy. 

I know what 'management' have repeatedly said. I've already told you why I can't take that seriously given 'managements' recent track record for lies and bullshit. Of course they are going to tell journalists and fans that they and the club have done all they can. Can't you see that?

not blinkered at all JH. 

Mowbray has be very open and honest over the contract issue. Is he liar? 

This club is (according to some figures) losing £20 million a year and in trouble with FFP rules on a regular basis.

Look at the last 4 years and the club runs a lost over those years greater than 39 millions so why the club sold the training ground to the owners and they have back Mowbray with his 3 year plan for promote but it appears that year 4 with smaller and younger squad 

And I'm afraid 'that's their choice' is an unacceptable response to such an alarming sequence of events. It might warrant a shoulder shrug if it is one maverick player but when it is 4-5 key first team players,

its 3 players in Rothwell, Lenihan and Nyambe have refuse to sign their new improve contract offers on their agent advice. 

We held contracts talks with Kaminski last week I believe and on Brereton I expect he will sold in the summer unless we get promote this season. Plus on both have 12 club options for next season

I'm glad you recognise it is normal to be in talks with players when they have 18 months left on their contracts. Shame that didn't happen with these others which is why we are in the mess we are today with them

Well we have been in talks with Nyambe and Rothwell for at least the 18 months so your point is wrong. 

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If we are going to sign them permanent will be next summer and not in January cos of the FFP rules. 

It will be in the summer because that is the earliest point at which Venkys will authorise any spending after their annual review.

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Your talking about the Manchester Makele there mate, ask the nobbers

Clarkson, I have better players than him in my county team.

You’d take a Preston fans opinion over your own eyes? I’d rather have Travis, Rothwell, Buckley and even Davenport from what I’ve seen of Whiteman.

Once more I can’t help but cringe at the thought of you telling a group of u16s, that they’re better than a Liverpool academy graduate you’ve barely seen.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We’re talking the Football League here, they do what they like.

Its the PL rules

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We have a massive sale in the accounts of this accounting period.

Of the training ground to met FFP rules for the coming sale. 

Plus these are Venkys account not BRFC accounts which FFP rules are based on

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its the PL rules

Of the training ground to met FFP rules for the coming sale. 

Plus these are Venkys account not BRFC accounts which FFP rules are based on

Yeah, I am saying that the sale of Armstrong will be in the June 2022 accounts. Any purchase in January would also be in the June 2022 accounts.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, neophox said:

Can we try and sign Van Hecke and Khadra in january?

Tell me why Brighton would sell two of their brightest young stars? Van Hecke starred in the Dutch first division last season and Khedra was seriously injured that’s why he’s here. Your living in crowd cuckoo land if you think we’ve a chance of signing these two lads.

Sat at home this evening wondering what can go wrong here, with January on the horizon…

Keeper - Kaminski is number one and Pears has proven himself as a good number two. We’ll be unlucky to get two serious injuries at the same time to both.

Right Wing Back - Nyambe first choice. JRC is a suitable second choice but he can’t stay fit. Do we have a back up, back up? 

Centre Back - Seems like Lenihan, Van Hecke and Wharton are preferred. Ayala and Carter as back up. Feels like five is safe for three positions? Johnson as emergency sixth. 

Left Wing Back - Pickering first choice, Edun looks like he’s second choice although it seems he either isn’t vaccinated or currently has COVID which could be a longer term issue. 

CM - Buckley, Rothwell, Travis. I’m not sure we have anyone that can adequately fill in for Buckley or Rothwell, Davenport can do the Travis role. Saying that, Dack might be able to do the Buckley role if he can get over two ACLs. Clarkson can’t get a game. I think I prefer Johnson as a CB.

RF - Khadra first choice. Poveda was second but is out for the season. Assume Dolan is second choice. 

LF - Brereton Diaz, Gallagher.

I think we need a RWB, RF, Rothwell cover and not to sell Diaz here…

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

They've done nothing of note neither of them.

They are looking more than comfortable at Championship level, whilst you definitely said that wouldnt be the case with Buckley.

Before you suggest like others(that im desperate to be proven right or think im always right) i have been wrong myself with Rothwell although i always felt he had talent i had lost faith that we would ever see the consistency ,assists and goals that we are seeing now and i couldnt be more happy to be wrong 

• Like 1