BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

I would agree with most of the last few posts. The character and quality of any new signings is always paramount. But never more so than now.

Is there anymore on this young Irish RB we’ve supposedly signed from Drogheda? James Browne? I believe he trained with us for a while which means he should tick both boxes.

I’m not in favour of smashing our wage structure but there’s always been a special rate saved for our best players and the way that DL is playing, honestly I’d pay him it. In this form I’d even back him to be worth big money too 👍🏼

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I would agree with most of the last few posts. The character and quality of any new signings is always paramount. But never more so than now.

Is there anymore on this young Irish RB we’ve supposedly signed from Drogheda? James Browne? I believe he trained with us for a while which means he should tick both boxes.

I’m not in favour of smashing our wage structure but there’s always been a special rate saved for our best players and the way that DL is playing, honestly I’d pay him it. In this form I’d even back him to be worth big money too 👍🏼

We got decent money for Grant Hanley and I consider Lenihan to be twice as good, so agree with what you are saying. 

2 hours ago, Danny O.Brien said:

We need to use the position we currently find ourselves in to get the lads believing in this club and signed to new deals. That would be my absolute priority. If we could get a decent young full back in and maybe an attacker, to fill the void left by poveda then I'd be more than happy.

We need to be more consistent on the right side defensively.

2 minutes ago, USABlue said:
4 minutes ago, USABlue said:

We need to be more consistent on the right side defensively.

We need defensive support, another RB and perhaps a more mobile fitter ball winner for Travis. Johnson does not have his legs anymore and Travis gets about the pitch, we miss that with Johnson and I think we could do with someone he could allow us to rest him when we can. Have we actually signed this Irish lad? Is he good enough?

32 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

We need defensive support, another RB and perhaps a more mobile fitter ball winner for Travis. Johnson does not have his legs anymore and Travis gets about the pitch, we miss that with Johnson and I think we could do with someone he could allow us to rest him when we can. Have we actually signed this Irish lad? Is he good enough?

We have Edun and Davenport. Both are quite mobile, however none have the physical presence of Johnson. Too bad young Garrett is injured because he is someone who could be an option. Expect him to challenge Travis in a year or two. Unlike Travis, he is very good on the ball and can control the match in the anchor position. Although an excellent tackler, he tackles anything that moves and up with some rash tackles in positions not needed costing him a few yellows and red cards. 

Signals seems to be that the right back has signed. Probably impressed enough on trial although I expect it to be a short-term deal to see if he swims or sink. Seems like a punt similar to Tom White and Brad Lyons. Maybe not likely but some of these Irish guys flourish, think Preson had some success, not to mention Seasmus Coleman of Everton.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ulrich said:

I actually think that Devonport was beginning to show signs but appears to have been discarded for Johnson on the bench. I always doubted his ability before but I think he should be given the chance over someone whose legs have gone to cover the ground in midfield.

A lot presuming we've signed the Irish full back based on one Twitter post.  

After years of saying nothing, this window might give us something of an idea of what Venkys are thinking. If they have any kind of exit strategy or desire to get to the premier league and recoup their debts, then the time to strike is now. The stars seem to be alligning and who knows when we will be in this position again going into January.

I think they need to gamlbe now and spend some cash to try and get over the line. For me I wouldnt sign anyone permantley. Id look at the premier league and try and tempt someone out of favour with a good maybe overpriced loan fee. Try and get someone is who to good for this league. The kind of player you couldnt really tempt on a perma deal, but for 6 months on loan in a promotion race, they fancy it. Try and get a difference maker somehwere

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

After years of saying nothing, this window might give us something of an idea of what Venkys are thinking. If they have any kind of exit strategy or desire to get to the premier league and recoup their debts, then the time to strike is now. The stars seem to be alligning and who knows when we will be in this position again going into January.

I think they need to gamlbe now and spend some cash to try and get over the line. For me I wouldnt sign anyone permantley. Id look at the premier league and try and tempt someone out of favour with a good maybe overpriced loan fee. Try and get someone is who to good for this league. The kind of player you couldnt really tempt on a perma deal, but for 6 months on loan in a promotion race, they fancy it. Try and get a difference maker somehwere

Top post and totally agree.....pukki  and Forss for me 

Edited by Sparks Rover

Striker definitely needed for me, where are the goals coming from if BBD picks up am injury? Plus keep Gallagher further away from the starting line up.

I'd also like to see someone coming in to give us further in midfield, a bit of stardust, our 2022 version of Berkovic ideally.

Otherwise leave well alone. Think it goes without saying we shouldn't be letting anyone leave in the position we're in, I wouldn't be letting Butterworth and Carter leave on loan either

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Striker definitely needed for me, where are the goals coming from if BBD picks up am injury? Plus keep Gallagher further away from the starting line up.

I'd also like to see someone coming in to give us further in midfield, a bit of stardust, our 2022 version of Berkovic ideally.

Otherwise leave well alone. Think it goes without saying we shouldn't be letting anyone leave in the position we're in, I wouldn't be letting Butterworth and Carter leave on loan either

Butterworth and Carter aint going to play though.Butterworth will be even further behind in the pecking order when Dack returns and if they sign a bit of magic in midfield and a striker like you want.

In all fairness promotion isnt going to rest on wether we loan out Butterworth and Carter or not.

Carter hasnt been involvled in the matchday squad in a couple of months and Butterworth has see about an hours action in that time.Butterworth a talent but needs regular football not being kept around here in case we have an injury crisis.(would sign a foward first)

Edited by islander200

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Butterworth and Carter aint going to play though.Butterworth will be even further behind in the pecking order when Dack returns and if they sign a bit of magic in midfield and a striker like you want.

In all fairness promotion isnt going to rest on wether we loan out Butterworth and Carter or not.

Carter hasnt been involvled in the matchday squad in a couple of months and Butterworth has see about an hours action in that time.Butterworth a talent but needs regular football not being kept around here in case we have an injury crisis.(would sign a foward first)

Matter of opinion and striking the right balance I think.

Team spirit is good and you don't want to disturb that too much but at the same time I think we are still very light on numbers in the event of a few injuries.

I thought Butterworth looked sensational when he came on against Birmingham personally and I don't think Carter has done too much wrong either when called upon.

1 hour ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

I actually think that Devonport was beginning to show signs but appears to have been discarded for Johnson on the bench. I always doubted his ability before but I think he should be given the chance over someone whose legs have gone to cover the ground in midfield.

A lot presuming we've signed the Irish full back based on one Twitter post.  

I like Davenport he's had some good games and like you say he gets about much more than Johnson. No idea why he doesn't get more chances.  If we can I'd return Clarkson, he hasn't made a difference and we could better spend whatever we are on him, on another.  

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Matter of opinion and striking the right balance I think.

Team spirit is good and you don't want to disturb that too much but at the same time I think we are still very light on numbers in the event of a few injuries.

I thought Butterworth looked sensational when he came on against Birmingham personally and I don't think Carter has done too much wrong either when called upon.

Butterworth looked very good and earlier in the season Carter too.

But both werent in the squad last night.A squad that still has to welcome back JRC and Dack and we will probably bring a couple in in january aswell.You think Butterworth and Carter will be happy?

For the longer term betterment of both the players and club it would be sensible to loan them out.Butterworth is 21 now he is yet to play 90 minutes for the club and half a season playing week in week out will help with his fitness too.The two previous years he has been injured and if he stays here in january that will be 3 years with hardly any football played.

1 hour ago, FGS5635 said:

Absolutely. If they don't act now, they never will. I would send Clarkson back and try to get Billy Gilmour here. He's getting pelters from the Norwich fans who want to send him back to Chelsea. I think he would suit our game and fit into our midfield.

Jack Wilshere is available, could he offer us something on a short term deal?

Forss is the striker that I would like us to get. He is a good finisher and has a point to prove having not had much game time this season.

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Butterworth looked very good and earlier in the season Carter too.

But both werent in the squad last night.A squad that still has to welcome back JRC and Dack and we will probably bring a couple in in january aswell.You think Butterworth and Carter will be happy?

For the longer term betterment of both the players and club it would be sensible to loan them out.Butterworth is 21 now he is yet to play 90 minutes for the club and half a season playing week in week out will help with his fitness too.The two previous years he has been injured and if he stays here in january that will be 3 years with hardly any football played.

I'd give Butterworth a lot more minutes.

If Dack comes back anywhere near his best then obviously that would be a huge bonus but I don't think we should take it for granted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SuperBrfc said:

Absolutely. If they don't act now, they never will. I would send Clarkson back and try to get Billy Gilmour here. He's getting pelters from the Norwich fans who want to send him back to Chelsea. I think he would suit our game and fit into our midfield.

Jack Wilshere is available, could he offer us something on a short term deal?

Forss is the striker that I would like us to get. He is a good finisher and has a point to prove having not had much game time this season.

Clarkson back, Gilmour in would be a great shout imo.

Wouldn't touch Wilshere with a 10 ft bargepole.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'd give Butterworth a lot more minutes.

If Dack comes back anywhere near his best then obviously that would be a huge bonus but I don't think we should take it for granted.

I rate Butterworth but still even if Dacks fitness is an issue he will still be behind Khedra, Dolan, Brererton and Gallagher and if Maja or another foward comes in then he will still be behind all those in the eyes of the manager

44 minutes ago, islander200 said:

That may be the case but their experience will be enhanced being around this set up and actually being part of it - it will certainly give them a push to work harder and get into the team

6 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

That may be the case but their experience will be enhanced being around this set up and actually being part of it - it will certainly give them a push to work harder and get into the team

Butterworth hasnt played 90 mins of senior football and has spent the last 2 years injured.He needs to be playing with his talent and if another foward is brought in and Dack comes back his playing time here will only lessen.

We are reaping the benefits of Whartons time away.Carter would benefit from another loan spell

42 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

I like Davenport he's had some good games and like you say he gets about much more than Johnson. No idea why he doesn't get more chances.  If we can I'd return Clarkson, he hasn't made a difference and we could better spend whatever we are on him, on another.  

Davenport reminds me of Corry Evans, he makes the odd very good apearance but then when he gets a run in the team he becomes a total non entity, also like Evans he's a bit of a sick note