BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Because the other two would be REALLY hard to replace and have a high resale. So we see the value in paying them more….whereas Nyambe is a decent Champ defender and will be replaced easily prob by this Zeefuik.

Its not difficult this.

"replaced easily prob" by someone you had never heard of a few hours ago!

How about "you don't know what you've got till its gone"?

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can't see it being true but guess tomorrow team sheet was tell us if this true or not. 

I'm not sure it will. If he is rested it won't be a surprise. Granted if he does start, it's probably bollocks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Again, your subjective opinion.

I strongly disagree. Lenihan wouldn't be hard to replace per se we could replace him with Souttar for example. 

Souttar might not do as well but then a Nyambe replacement probably wouldn't do as well as RN either.

Opinions tend to be subjective.

4 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Oh and if we do sign a first team right back then We should sack nyambi off to the first crappy club that puts in an offer for the ungrateful mediocre 💩 let him join the rest of the losers whose careers nose dived after they left us for 'bigger things'/more money. 

So nasty. Just assumptions. None of us know the £ elements involved, its just pure antagonism from you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

So nasty. Just assumptions. None of us know the £ elements involved, its just pure antagonism from you.

Nor is there any real reason to differentiate Nyambe from the other two.

Their agents are all probably trying it on a bit as is their prerogative.

It's the Club's fault for leaving it too late and allowing it to reach this stage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Even in that video, he looks like an absolute madman. Its impossible to truly judge from highlight reels, the defensive parts are all of him wildly lunging in last ditch which is not very promising. I suppose being in the right position to avoid needing to be so last ditch doesnt make for a good highlights reel.

Madman? Cos he like a tackle and willing to put in tackles. Also shows tackles higher up the pitch also. 

Notice you don't comment on the attacking side of his highlights. 

Only a few days ago sky ran with the story that the owners said nobody for sale.

Best case is it plays out that way and whstever signings we make are brought in to compete with the players here.

Its silly season  apparantly we rate Rothwell above £1 million, is that 1.1..1.2...5...10 million.He has had a terrific start to the season is it any surprise that teams like Bournemouth would be interested?

When these comments were made about listening to offers for the players coming to the end of their contracts we were midtable and looking destined for another season of treading water.

Many on here had us down for a relegation battle and it must even come as a surprise to the coaching staff and team how well we have performed this season.

I just  dont believe(as stupid as they are)they will cash in on players this month especially to direct rivals like Bournemouth with the position we find ourselves in

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Hopefully this is just mind games, Like the time we put an official 4 million bid in for Cantona in the mid 90s just to piss man u off after they spent the summer trying to unsettle Shearer (hahaha that was funny)

ive never heard this story. Is that a fact 😆

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Madman? Cos he like a tackle and willing to put in tackles. Also shows tackles higher up the pitch also. 

Looked 100% committed tackling,  surprised at his speed going into them to , no hesitation. Was like a missile 

Looked confident in attack aswell 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My comment was more about the use of highlights to form conclusions about players that no one on this site had heard of 12 hours ago rather than the player himself.

All of his defensive work which is critical for a wing back/full back in that video is last ditch sliding tackles and/or aggresive tackles, some of which led to fouls. Even the odd showing of aggression in totally unconstructive ways. That being said, I take that with a pinch of salt as if you was rating a full/wing back, even take our 2 both of whom have had good seasons, highlight reels would be unlikely to show a full back jockeying a wide man away from danger, anticipating trouble before it happened to ensure that he doesnt need to resort to a risky last ditch clearance, forcing a player onto his weak foot etc, all evident in a good full/wing back but not exciting all the same.

If we was to made a video of Nyambe, it would probably include the burst and cross v Birmingham or his crosses to set up goals against Barnsley last season, against Bournemouth last season, against Swansea the season before etc as they are the most eye catching when in fact his best play is usually one on one defending.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, slowmo said:

Looked 100% committed tackling,  surprised at his speed going into them to , no hesitation. Was like a missile 

Looked confident in attack aswell 

Some of those tackles would lead to reds in this division.

His background looks decent though and he is a good age if this link turns out to be true its good in the sense the club are still looking at the European market.

• Like 1

I said it at the start of the window and I'll keep saying it every day until the end of it.

I find it bizarre to say the least that there are even notions of selling any of our first team players at this point with the form we are in. I am probably more surprised than anyone at the form we have been in and the position we find ourselves in and with that in mind and the standard of the division at present this is the best opportunity we will ever have (at least until we get decent owners) of getting promoted. 

With the prize on offer it would be bonkers to start shuffling the deck, selling or replacing key first team members. It just isn't necessary if the aim and ambition is promotion. We aren't just talking about another flirtation with the play-offs here - top two is achievable.

No surprises that this Dutch lad is 'loan with option to buy' - another crafty move by Waggott no doubt. Get Nyambe out the door for a few million to whoever will pay, bring in a loan until the summer to keep people quiet and then worry about whether we can ever pay the transfer fee down the line (probably not).

Seems to me that there are insidious elements in the media (some perhaps close to home) who are absolutely determined to fan speculation at the Club. 

The only outgoings should be Poveda, Clarkson and perhaps one or two of the kids. There should of course be some incomings - no problem with the Dutch lad if it is a loan to compete/eventually replace Nyambe but doubt that will happen.

• Like 5

If we were to take Swag at face value for a moment, he has been pretty adamant that any of the three that don't sign new deals will be sold in January. He has said it more than once. That makes me think at least one will be going, despite us being 2nd in the league. Most likely Nyambe after the story on the Dutch guy today and Brown arriving the other day.

Mowbray has come out and said nobody is leaving, yet has qualified that by saying something along the lines of "unless we receive a substantial offer". Would they consider a bid of £2m-3m for Nyambe as being "substantial" at this stage of his contract? Probably, imo.

Then there was something on Sky about the owners apparently saying nobody is for sale. The question is, which one of those viewpoints is the true position? Swag's, Mowbray's or the owners'? We'll find out soon enough, I suppose.

I worry there may be a bit of a face saving exercise going on with them wanting to bring money in for one (Nyambe) at the very least, instead of letting all three leave for nothing in the summer. They surely wouldn't consider any bid from Bournemouth for Rothwell, though, would they? That has to be an attempt at mind games from them.

My own view is sell nobody, bring in the Dutch guy to compete at RB, along with Maja and a couple of others to help us go for it. If we miss out on promotion and lose the three in the summer then so be it, that would be our own fault for letting the contract situation get to that stage. Just don't scupper the opportunity we have right now by trying to save face.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

If we were to take Swag at face value for a moment, he has been pretty adamant that any of the three that don't sign new deals will be sold in January. He has said it more than once. That makes me think at least one will be going, despite us being 2nd in the league. Most likely Nyambe after the story on the Dutch guy today and Brown arriving the other day.

Mowbray has come out and said nobody is leaving, yet has qualified that by saying something along the lines of "unless we receive a substantial offer". Would they consider a bid of £2m-3m for Nyambe as being "substantial" at this stage of his contract? Probably, imo.

Then there was something on Sky about the owners apparently saying nobody is for sale. The question is, which one of those viewpoints is the true position? Swag's, Mowbray's or the owners'? We'll find out soon enough, I suppose.

I worry there may be a bit of a face saving exercise going on with them wanting to bring money in for one (Nyambe) at the very least, instead of letting all three leave for nothing in the summer. They surely wouldn't consider any bid from Bournemouth for Rothwell, though, would they? That has to be an attempt at mind games from them.

My own view is sell nobody, bring in the Dutch guy to compete at RB, along with Maja and a couple of others to help us go for it. If we miss out on promotion and lose the three in the summer then so be it, that would be our own fault for letting the contract situation get to that stage. Just don't scupper the opportunity we have right now by trying to save face.

Mowbray been saying nobody leaving last couple of interviews.

Waggott made those comments pre our terrific form?We where 1 of about 10 teams in and around the play offs.

With the best will in the world nobody could have seen(people within the club included) that we would be sat 2nd now with the performance levels as they are.

These "links" are they even legitimate.Have the Leeds paper even run with the Nyambe story.

The Rothwell link earlier, yes the original tweet posted the guy is reputable but i didnt find it suprising or alarming.I would have been alarmed if he said "Bournemouth and Blackburn in talks over Rothwell deal" he didnt though he said they are interested which isnt surprising

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I said it at the start of the window and I'll keep saying it every day until the end of it.

I find it bizarre to say the least that there are even notions of selling any of our first team players at this point with the form we are in. I am probably more surprised than anyone at the form we have been in and the position we find ourselves in and with that in mind and the standard of the division at present this is the best opportunity we will ever have (at least until we get decent owners) of getting promoted. 

With the prize on offer it would be bonkers to start shuffling the deck, selling or replacing key first team members. It just isn't necessary if the aim and ambition is promotion. We aren't just talking about another flirtation with the play-offs here - top two is achievable.

No surprises that this Dutch lad is 'loan with option to buy' - another crafty move by Waggott no doubt. Get Nyambe out the door for a few million to whoever will pay, bring in a loan until the summer to keep people quiet and then worry about whether we can ever pay the transfer fee down the line (probably not).

Seems to me that there are insidious elements in the media (some perhaps close to home) who are absolutely determined to fan speculation at the Club. 

The only outgoings should be Poveda, Clarkson and perhaps one or two of the kids. There should of course be some incomings - no problem with the Dutch lad if it is a loan to compete/eventually replace Nyambe but doubt that will happen.

Absolutely spot on as well.

Think you, yank fan and 47er have sussed it out.

On the other hand if the Dutch lad comes in as cover for Nyambe, no one leaves and one or two more capable bodies come in, all credit to the management and the owners.

At least they will then have given us a chance of sustaining a promotion challenge.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Good move by Bournemouth, they don't even need to play him, just signing him screws us over.

As I said previously, 30 years ago, Duncan Shearer from our rivals Swindon Town at the time. It did them like a kipper that season, hopefully our lot aren't as stupid!

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

My comment was more about the use of highlights to form conclusions about players that no one on this site had heard of 12 hours ago rather than the player himself.

All of his defensive work which is critical for a wing back/full back in that video is last ditch sliding tackles and/or aggresive tackles, some of which led to fouls. Even the odd showing of aggression in totally unconstructive ways. That being said, I take that with a pinch of salt as if you was rating a full/wing back, even take our 2 both of whom have had good seasons, highlight reels would be unlikely to show a full back jockeying a wide man away from danger, anticipating trouble before it happened to ensure that he doesnt need to resort to a risky last ditch clearance, forcing a player onto his weak foot etc, all evident in a good full/wing back but not exciting all the same.

I gave opinion of what I watched on the highlights of the player just like you did minus his attacking highlights which you missed out for some reason 

Is he a good signing for us? No idea but if Rovers are keen on him and scouting department have done their proper research so he qualify for work permit. If we sign him then I will judge him on his performances in a Rovers shirt. 

3 hours ago, 47er said:

"replaced easily prob" by someone you had never heard of a few hours ago!

How about "you don't know what you've got till its gone"?

Same thing was said when a chap called Allan Shearer came in for  David Speedie

16 minutes ago, pomster said:

Same thing was said when a chap called Allan Shearer came in for  David Speedie

One 'L' in Alan me thinks, just being pedantic.

I don't get your point either tbh, unless Nyambe is likely to be replaced by Trent Alexander Arnold.

• Like 1

You could make Jason Lowe look good on a highlights reel (ok, maybe not). While it is great that you see the 'good' bits, they rarely show the 'bad' bits. Looks a beast in the way he is built, similar in a way to Nyambe. Although he is shorter than Nyambe too and i never thought Nyambe was particularly tall. As others have mentioned, He does look rash and some of those tackles would get him in trouble over here. Think gets 1 red a season on average?

I can barely think of Nyambe ever getting booked let alone sent off. His game time at Hertha also worries me a little. If people are saying Nyambe is not cut out for the PL, then this guy is obviously not cut out for the top level in Germany (which is not as strong as the PL) if he's being binned off to a Championship club. 

Of course, you can only judge when they are in the shirt which is what I will do (if he even signs) but I'm not convinced this guy is going to be a big upgrade on what we already have. He will cost a fee, and probably be on bigger wages. Why not just cough up the extra for Nyambe and save all that expense instead? 

Id be happy if Nyambe stays and we get this guy at the same time - that would actually be sensible. We get to have a look at this guy before Nyambe walks in the summer.

• Like 5