BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I like the look of Styles at Barnsley but Dem

We dont know if he is leaving.Mowbray said he wanted another senior right back, the irish guy hasnt been brought in as a first teamer he will be with the 23s for the rest of the season most likely

What we do know is that he only has 6 months left on his deal and its likely we will need to sign a right back.Surely its sensible making this signing.

My point was that there are several posts saying they are happy with him when they have never heard of him. 

39 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

For what it's worth, which may well be nothing, a FB post just popped up from someone saying their nephew's friend who works at the club reckons Nyambe was saying his goodbyes to staff at the club today. Hopefully cobblers, 'nephew's friend' is moving into 'my mate's nan's dog' territory, but not impossible it's legit.

Absolutely gutted if this is true 😔

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, neophox said:

Callum Brittain is a good right back at Barnsley that i would look to and even Callum Styles who is a bit like Rothwell but only 21.

Callum Styles is a cracking player and we should have been all over him 18/24 months ago.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Didn't Waggot allegedly say one thing to one person and the complete opposite to someone else ?

Just lip service at the end of the day.

Seem to remember he told someone on here that Lenihan was on the point of signing months ago as well.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CheshireRover said:

At a guess - Say-fike 

I went on Dutch to English translation site.

Zee fuik means sea trap and, after listening many times, it sounded to me like 'sea felk'

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That's purely your own subjective opinion though because you don't rate RN.

If Rovers do indeed have a relatively modest wage cap of £15k  by Championship standards I'd say RN is definitely worth that or thereabouts as a senior member of the squad.

You would no doubt disagree because you don't rate him as highly. 

Has Steve Waggott asked you to come on here and consistently run RN down because talks "have gone stale"?

Don’t be silly mate. I actually have never said I don’t rate him I have pointed out areas for improvement as I see it! There isn’t a soul in the world that can tell me what to say or not to say and as for a suggestion of SW holding sway? Words fail especially from an intelligent fella like yourself 👍

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

All speculation. We dont know what he is demanding or what he is on. Im guessing that Nyambe hasnt told you directly so no one can be sure if any rumours are true regarding those figures.

Have you seen much of Zeefuik to be able to suggest that he will easily probably replace Nyambe? 

No I haven’t seen him pay nor have I any background knowledge of him otherwise I would work in football and not in the arena I do

17 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Don’t be silly mate. I actually have never said I don’t rate him I have pointed out areas for improvement as I see it! There isn’t a soul in the world that can tell me what to say or not to say and as for a suggestion of SW holding sway? Words fail especially from an intelligent fella like yourself 👍

Glad to hear it.

I do respect your opinion as I know you have held meetings with Waggott due to your previous concerns about the future direction of the Club.

We just have widely differing views on Nyambe’s ability I think.

2 hours ago, Rochdale_rover said:

Only way I'd allow rothwell to leave . Is if we get decent money and use it for jed wallace

Wallace isn't a centre midfielder and would he fit our 3-5-2 formation or would you change back to 4-3-3 formation now

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He hasnt revealed any information though.

Would you really expect to given the reasons why he can't and the field of work he works in. 

1 hour ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Coincidence that this has come out the same day that Rothwell linked with a move away?

they played different positions. Hedges is wide player or number 10. 

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

For what it's worth, which may well be nothing, a FB post just popped up from someone saying their nephew's friend who works at the club reckons Nyambe was saying his goodbyes to staff at the club today. Hopefully cobblers, 'nephew's friend' is moving into 'my mate's nan's dog' territory, but not impossible it's legit.

Can't see it being true but guess tomorrow team sheet was tell us if this true or not. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wallace isn't a centre midfielder and would he fit our 3-5-2 formation or would you change back to 3-3-3 formation now

Would you really expect to given the reasons why he can't and the field of work he works in. 

they played different positions. Hedges is wide player or number 10. 

Can't see it being true but guess tomorrow team sheet was tell us if this true or not. 

Do you mean 3-4-3 Chaddy ?

Even in that video, he looks like an absolute madman. Its impossible to truly judge from highlight reels, the defensive parts are all of him wildly lunging in last ditch which is not very promising. I suppose being in the right position to avoid needing to be so last ditch doesnt make for a good highlights reel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

very impressive to be honest. Like to get forward and provide assists plus enjoyed a tackle and seems to have some pace. 

I like that its a loan with an option to buy in the summer. Good age and will only improve here

You got that from a highlights clip? 

Have you ever watched Nyambes? 

Bet you'd say he looks unbelievable if you saw his highlights.

42 minutes ago, bazza said:

I went on Dutch to English translation site.

Zee fuik means sea trap and, after listening many times, it sounded to me like 'sea felk'

His name is said several times in the highlight reel. Sounds a lot more like 'zay-fuck' to me, or possibly 'zay-vuck'.

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s all very well saying this Dutch lad can replace Nyambe and Souttar can Lenihan. Maybe Hedges is coming in for Rothwell also. It takes time to assimilate a player into the team and get them used to our style. Assimilating three players is even more of a ask. I appreciate we can’t make players stay who want to leave but wiser councils need to get involved in this.

I'd prefer the three we've got. Very happy with them and who wouldn't be, given where we are in the table?

See no point at all on going on this long,long journey with TM and when it finally clicks dismantling the team!

I, like many on here, have been through the loss of numerous terrific players at Rovers over the years and never were they adequately replaced.

For one reason or another, everything is clicking at the moment and its typical Rovers to throw it away at that exact point.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

I'd prefer the three we've got. Very happy with them and who wouldn't be, given where we are in the table?

See no point at all on going on this long,long journey with TM and when it finally clicks dismantling the team!

I, like many on here, have been through the loss of numerous terrific players at Rovers over the years and never were they adequately replaced.

For one reason or another, everything is clicking at the moment and its typical Rovers to throw it away at that exact point.

Nailed it.

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

very impressive to be honest. Like to get forward and provide assists plus enjoyed a tackle and seems to have some pace. 

I like that its a loan with an option to buy in the summer. Good age and will only improve here

Aye, but he hasn't come up against the likes of Keith Stroud or Gavin Ward yet.

• Like 2