BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (a) - 20/11/21 (& local info for those heading to the gate, from a Bristol City follower)

5 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

I was at the game (not sure if you were or not). But I definitely think that we were the better team in the second half. Happy to be corrected when I see highlights. 

My point still stands though, it's a competitive league and we are in a bunch of about 10-12 teams who are pretty similar in quality terms. 

A point today is a good point 

I watched it and we were better in the second half but that's not saying much considering how abysmal the first half performance was.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Are you happy with the point. Would you have took it before ko

I thought we were worth more than a point before KO. Playing a team 18th in the league, lost their previous 2 games, a team without a manager for a period due to illness, fans not happy. Us having injured players returning and having second top scorer. After our previous game I'd have expected our players to be more up for it.

I'm happy with a point considering I didn't think we deserved anything.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, booth said:

I thought we were worth more than a point before KO. Playing a team 18th in the league, lost their previous 2 games, a team without a manager for a period due to illness, fans not happy. Us having injured players returning and having second top scorer. After our previous game I'd have expected our players to be more up for it.

I'm happy with a point considering I didn't think we deserved anything.

Unfortunately all of that combining usually means a poor result. Not just under Mowbray either, but historically. Or it certainly feels like it. The ones I expect nothing from on paper, we often surprise.

• Like 1

Just got home. First half we looked dangerous with Poveda and Khadra but it always seemed to just be final ball. Hope Poveda is okay and no idea how it wasn’t a free kick having not seen it on tv.

We looked so much better with Ayala and Rothwell, which we all know. Ayala has to play which is a shame for Wharton because he done nothing wrong at all.

Think we got a good player in Edun.

Diaz is better for me when he’s wider.

Draw is probably fair, was definitely winnable though. 

• Like 2

Well well well.  Just two short weeks ago that same outfit made me proud, felt like we might have tirned a corner.  Energy, passion, commitment mixed in with football showing a real attacking intent.  Fast forward two weeks WTF happened.  I don't know but I'd bet dollars to donuts Mowbary us central to the liusy performance.  We looked lime a team that never played before.  Gone was the closing, gone was the hustle gone was the forward thinking footy all being replaced by a group that look like thet never played together before.  WTF has happened to Kaminski's kicking, looks like he's watched David Raya's home video of how to kick it into touch.

My gut feel is Mowbary tried to re-invent the way they played two weeks ago.and just confused everyone.  Nyambe was completely out of sorts.and I am convinced the only way he's staying here is if we get a new boss, we won't so bye bye Ryan.  Good loint in isolation but we really did make Bristol look good.  They seemed to be set defensively every time like the knew what we were going to.do.  Clarkson when you chasing the game?  F off.  Was hoping for a lot more after last time, should have known better.

Thought the ref was quite a homer too. Inthought the challenge that injured Poveda was a yellow along with anfew other very dodgy tackles on our lads.  They seemed to get some soft calls.  Blue n.White.tinted.specs?  Maybe. 

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why not bring on Dolan on? 

I don't understand what Mowbray is doing again 

Does anybody.Chaddy, he's a blithering idiot he de-tuned that group of players, probably confusing them with some Mowbaryisms.  I could be wrong but my money is on his interference causing the drop off when all it needed is to tell them this lot are.nothing.special.just go do wbat you did last time out.

17 minutes ago, USABlue said:

My gut feel is Mowbary tried to re-invent the way they played two weeks ago.and just confused everyone.  Nyambe was completely out of sorts.and I am convinced the only way he's staying here is if we get a new boss, we won't so bye bye Ryan.  Good loint in isolation but we really did make Bristol look good.  

What do you mean by this? Nyambe was rubbish today. Why would a new boss be only reason he stays? I’m not aware any issue between him and Mowbray?

21 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Does anybody.Chaddy, he's a blithering idiot he de-tuned that group of players, probably confusing them with some Mowbaryisms.  I could be wrong but my money is on his interference causing the drop off when all it needed is to tell them this lot are.nothing.special.just go do wbat you did last time out.

it`s tony`s main problem,he thinks he `s a modern coach,akin to pep,in reality he`s an average manager,poor communicator and should stick to basic formations and clear instructions

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

What’s the deal with the younger Rovers fans snapping seats and waving them in the air lately? Games like today it’s a case of sit anywhere, and I wonder if some innocent Rover fan faces and repercussion when they find out their seat has been destroyed.

It wouldn't be the first time that football fans have been known to be dick heads

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

On another note, I thoroughly admire the setup that Bristol City have throughout. I dream of Rovers having something that even slightly resembles that one day. 

You sound like Mogadon.  Bigging up a small club who've never had anything of any note to shout about in their entire history.  Nice club,  vanilla as fook 

Have to say I’m really disappointed with Nyambe today. That goal is 100% his fault.

His yellow and his poor performance meant he needed to be subbed, but with no RBs in the squad we had to move Buckley there. Mowbray was then forced to bring Clarkson on in his place, and while he didn’t do that much wrong I think he didn’t add enough attacking threat for us and we lost control of midfield a bit towards the end.

Travis was also out of sorts and it should have been him hooked instead of Davenport who was excellent. I’m not sure if Rothwell was the right sub to make… he was poor IMO and I think someone like Johnson would have added more bite to our midfield as they were pushing us around too much.

The game was there for the taking, so it was disappointing not to come away with all 3 points.

Mowbray’s best decision in the game was to bring Ayala on as it absolutely killed off Bristol City’s attacking threat. The other subs were poor.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You sound like Mogadon.  Bigging up a small club who've never had anything of any note to shout about in their entire history.  Nice club,  vanilla as fook 

He was clearly referring to the match day experience, the food outlets/bars/fan park etc.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Miker said:

Have to say I’m really disappointed with Nyambe today. That goal is 100% his fault.

His yellow and his poor performance meant he needed to be subbed, but with no RBs in the squad we had to move Buckley there. Mowbray was then forced to bring Clarkson on in his place, and while he didn’t do that much wrong I think he didn’t add enough attacking threat for us and we lost control of midfield a bit towards the end.

Travis was also out of sorts and it should have been him hooked instead of Davenport who was excellent. I’m not sure if Rothwell was the right sub to make… he was poor IMO and I think someone like Johnson would have added more bite to our midfield as they were pushing us around too much.

The game was there for the taking, so it was disappointing not to come away with all 3 points.

Mowbray’s best decision in the game was to bring Ayala on as it absolutely killed off Bristol City’s attacking threat. The other subs were poor.

I would say you have it all spot on bar Rothwell. It felt like before he came on we had no one in the middle trying to move the ball and unlock things.

Spot on with Davenport, far more effective then Travis today.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

I would say you have it all spot on bar Rothwell. It felt like before he came on we had no one in the middle trying to move the ball and unlock things.

Spot on with Davenport, far more effective then Travis today.

If he was playing like in-form Rothwell, I would agree with you. But he was poor today and really didn’t influence the game much at all. I can’t think of any meaningful attack he was involved in, but I remember several misplaced passes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it`s tony`s main problem,he thinks he `s a modern coach,akin to pep,in reality he`s an average manager,poor communicator and should stick to basic formations and clear instructions

Tbf, from his comments about how we aren't going to get Klopp or Guardiola or whoever he said, if TM goes, I think he is well aware he isn't at that level. He might think he is a Championship version, I dunno.

But I definitely think he believes he is capable of copying their methods to a good extent and effect. He isn't. He also seems to think we are lucky to have him. We aren't.

• Like 2

I've been a big supporter of Nyambie but hes been poor a bit too often recently. I just wish they'd concentrate on making him into a proper right back this wing back nonsense just doesn't work.

How many times does he or has he got forward properly and made it count ?  Hardly ever he just gets caught forward all the time when he should really be concentrating on his positioning. It's similar now with Edun at the other side although he's good going forward. Time and again though we put ourselves under needless pressure with them being caught out.

I'll maintain Ryan can be a really good right back at this level but wing back he really ain't, not good enough.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I've been a big supporter of Nyambie but hes been poor a bit too often recently. I just wish they'd concentrate on making him into a proper right back this wing back nonsense just doesn't work.

How many times does he or has he got forward properly and made it count ?  Hardly ever he just gets caught forward all the time when he should really be concentrating on his positioning. It's similar now with Edun at the other side although he's good going forward. Time and again though we put ourselves under needless pressure with them being caught out.

I'll maintain Ryan can be a really good right back at this level but wing back he really ain't, not good enough.

Until Poveda got injured he was playing as a right back and was still useless today.

Against Derby and today, Buckley has had a hand in our 3 goals from right back, offering us something Nyambe can’t. That’s not to say I’d rather Buckley there, as against some teams he would get torn a new one defensively.

But essentially we need a mixture of Nyambe and Buckley at right back.

All I know is the more I’m seeing Nyambe this season the less I care if he leaves in the summer.

• Like 2