BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (a) - 20/11/21 (& local info for those heading to the gate, from a Bristol City follower)

Good point that a good fighting spirit again second half, could have gone either way at the end.  A fair draw but i thought we were comfortable early on then for some reason decided to retreat 10 yards.

Inevitable pressure and inevitable conceding so ended up lucky going in only 1 down. Surely that must come from the sidelines ?  

Either way managed to redeem themselves second half but continue to shoot ourselves needlessly in the foot too often. Clarkson showed again today he should be sent back imo, the odd good ball in each half isn't enough sadly.

Bringing on Ayala and changing was the right thing to do though after conceding as they were all over the shop. Rothwell made a nice difference to when he came on, typical championship fare today and we toughed it out.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Of course we COULD do better but we don’t have any money to actually do that 

I don't believe that at all but what I do know for a fact is if a player wants away they aren't going to give 100%. Today he looked like he'd been forced to go to football practice by a domineering Dad, and what he really wanted to do was play on his PS5.

Ps, if we really can't afford a decent Championship right back then the club should just shut up shop right now. Having players is kind of a rudimentary requirement.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Prediction - now we have Ayala, Wharton and soon Van Hecke back, a lot more 5 at the back bollocks in the games to come. Results to drop accordingly.

Didn't us going to back 5 help today given that Ayala seems to head everything away Second half from the Radio Lancashire commentary 

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

1100 at £33 a ticket. 

Superb.

Second that. 

Great effort by those who attended the game. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Didn't us going to back 5 help today given that Ayala seems to head everything away Second half from the Radio Lancashire commentary

Seemed to me like it was more Ayala being on the pitch than the formation change and I watched the game. And he didn't head everything away, Bristol still had good chances. Thank Kaminski for a cracking save too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, booth said:

He's the best we've got but that doesn't mean we can't do better.

I'm in little doubt that we would fail to do any better though. Probably take us a couple of seasons to find anyone at all, other than perhaps some loanees.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

Because all too often he sets out using his best players to either nulify the opposition or just in odd positions. Then we are struggling or fall behind and he reacts with something resembling a bit more balance.

So so many times it happens, reactive rather than proactive.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm in little doubt that we would fail to do any better though. Probably take us a couple of seasons to find anyone at all, other than perhaps some loanees.

Maybe, but I don’t think Nyambe is as good as he’s sometimes painted. We’ve forgotten what an actual good fullback looks like.

I don’t think Mowbray knows what a good one looks like as well.

OK. So Nyambe had a stinker. Maybe he wasn't as fit as he should have been. Maybe he was ill and didn't know it. Or maybe he just had a stinker. Believe it or not I'm old enough to remember Bryan Douglas having a stinker too. He (Nyambe) and we will get over it.

TM said in his interview on Radio Lancs that he had wanted to bring on Ayala earlier to deal with their direct football and long throw-ins. That's why Ayala came on for the injured Poveda.

Glad we got a point. Should've been 3.

Mowbray out.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Agreed. To charge more that £20 for any match at this level is an absolute have.

The only exception to charging more than £20 in this division if you can take advantage of supply and demand. But for Bristol city a 25,000 ish seater stadium 1/3rd empty and rovers a 30,000 seater 2/3rds empty £20 is plenty. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, matt83 said:

£33 is scandalous to watch Bristol city v rovers. Hope we return the favour with like for like pricing for their fans. 

Unfortunately, if we return the favour with like for like pricing for their fans, we will have to charge our fans the same, unless that rule has changed. Which also means today's pricing was for their fans too, not just ours. Reckon there is a bit more money in Bristol than in Blackburn too. Their £33 might be roughly our £20-25 in equivalent terms.

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Unfortunately, if we return the favour with like for like pricing for their fans, we will have to charge our fans the same, unless that rule has changed. Which also means today's pricing was for their fans too, not just ours. Reckon there is a bit more money in Bristol than in Blackburn too. Their £33 might be roughly our £20-25 in equivalent terms.

Profits of slavery!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s a Mowbray trait. You could count on the fingers of a Dingles hand the number of games we’ve played a full game.

Come on. In a competitive league like this both teams will have spells. We started the better, then they dominated for the rest of the half. 

Second half we were the better team, but they still created chances. You can't honestly expect an average team like us to dominate a game from start to finish. Thats a good point today. Enjoy it 

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

The way round the pricing rule is to offer home fans the Bristol game in a bundle, say £40 for two games. It can be done, but I don't think that is part of Waggots strategy.

• Like 4

Just now, Roverinbelfast said:

Come on. In a competitive league like this both teams will have spells. We started the better, then they dominated for the rest of the half. 

Second half we were the better team, but they still created chances. You can't honestly expect an average team like us to dominate a game from start to finish. Thats a good point today. Enjoy it 

But we didn't dominate any part of the game, they did.

After 45 minutes 0 shots on goal or otherwise, 0 corners and 1-0 down says everything. An improvement in the second half isn't saying much. Better team? Not sure about that from what I saw.

7 minutes ago, booth said:

But we didn't dominate any part of the game, they did.

After 45 minutes 0 shots on goal or otherwise, 0 corners and 1-0 down says everything. An improvement in the second half isn't saying much. Better team? Not sure about that from what I saw.

I was at the game (not sure if you were or not). But I definitely think that we were the better team in the second half. Happy to be corrected when I see highlights. 

My point still stands though, it's a competitive league and we are in a bunch of about 10-12 teams who are pretty similar in quality terms. 

A point today is a good point