BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Must be crossed wires, I would take ‘tasty’ as in ‘spiky’, ‘grudge match’, ‘an edge’… ergo Dingles, at a push PNE and Bolton, not a trip to the Bet 365.

Yeah, I've been using it wrong for years then 😂 FML.

• Like 1

There’s an interesting article about Dyche and Burnley in todays “ Guardian “. What caught my eye was that fact that although they  “ put it about a bit “ as we used to say, they’ve only had two red cards in five years. We’ve had 5 this season already apparently. You don’t win many games playing with 10 men, we certainly don’t.

29 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There’s an interesting article about Dyche and Burnley in todays “ Guardian “. What caught my eye was that fact that although they  “ put it about a bit “ as we used to say, they’ve only had two red cards in five years. We’ve had 5 this season already apparently. You don’t win many games playing with 10 men, we certainly don’t.

Aye, I saw that too, and was just reflecting that I don't remember there being any similar eulogy for Big Sam when he was potted at the start of our miserable chicken run.

Anyway, the article also goes to show there are some decent football minded folk still in the media. Well worth a read, and for the most part, references to their club could just as easily be about our own.. https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/apr/19/sean-dyche-burnley-manager-premier-league

38 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Struck me during the first half yesterday that there are lots of different ways that players can show character. Being brave on the ball when things are tough is obviously one, fronting up to physically imposing teams being another.

One that doesn't get talked about as much is not trying to show how much you care by picking up stupid cards when the team is getting outplayed, which we have definitely been guilty of this season, including the first half yesterday. That stat there for the Burnley is another little bit of evidence which shows that their success has been built on a lot more than just a throw-back manager trying to bully teams. Like Sam was here, he's a manager who takes care of the minute details and demands total discipline from his players. Whoever gets him next year will have an excellent manager on their hands, especially if it's in the Championship. 

• Like 2

Looks like Burnley will look to foreign manager to Dyche will after talks with Allardyce didn't go anyway, Rooney is staying at Derby, Wilder and Jones will stay at their clubs. 

Didn't someone predict on here that Allardyce would take over with Rooney taking over in the summer? 

2 hours ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Aye, I saw that too, and was just reflecting that I don't remember there being any similar eulogy for Big Sam when he was potted at the start of our miserable chicken run.

Anyway, the article also goes to show there are some decent football minded folk still in the media. Well worth a read, and for the most part, references to their club could just as easily be about our own.. https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/apr/19/sean-dyche-burnley-manager-premier-league

Of course the most frightening line in that is the one about Bolton, Charlton and (to a lesser extent) Stoke when you consider how they have all faired since their successful managers departed. An interesting piece that sums up how I’ve felt watching us this last decade.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Looks like Burnley will look to foreign manager to Dyche will after talks with Allardyce didn't go anyway, Rooney is staying at Derby, Wilder and Jones will stay at their clubs. 

Didn't someone predict on here that Allardyce would take over with Rooney taking over in the summer? 

I can only hope and pray this isn’t true. That said I did look at what Leeds did after Bielsa and fear the worst.

6 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Struck me during the first half yesterday that there are lots of different ways that players can show character. Being brave on the ball when things are tough is obviously one, fronting up to physically imposing teams being another.

One that doesn't get talked about as much is not trying to show how much you care by picking up stupid cards when the team is getting outplayed, which we have definitely been guilty of this season, including the first half yesterday. That stat there for the Burnley is another little bit of evidence which shows that their success has been built on a lot more than just a throw-back manager trying to bully teams. Like Sam was here, he's a manager who takes care of the minute details and demands total discipline from his players. Whoever gets him next year will have an excellent manager on their hands, especially if it's in the Championship. 

Bravery on the pitch comes in different forms. I never saw Berkovic win many tackles but he’d always show for the ball no matter who or how many were marking him, how close they were, and where he was on the pitch. He never hid when the pressure was on.

There are players in our team that equate bravery with kicking the ball away or arguing with the ref. They are cowards and we all know who they are.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 7

Think Allardyce was always going to be unlikely. He made it clear several years ago that he wasn't interested in managing in relegation battles every year when he left Crystal Palace.

He doesn't need the money or aggro especially not at a club with a limited budget like Burnley.

Wilder would be bizarre given Middlesbrough might be in a higher league than Burnley next season.

26 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Think Allardyce was always going to be unlikely. He made it clear several years ago that he wasn't interested in managing in relegation battles every year when he left Crystal Palace.

He doesn't need the money or aggro especially not at a club with a limited budget like Burnley.

Wilder would be bizarre given Middlesbrough might be in a higher league than Burnley next season.

I'd have thought it would be right up Allardyce's street.

Contract until the end of the season with a massive bonus for keeping them up. 

Could be fantastic money for a few weeks work.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Depends who the person is. Maybe someone like Sabri Lamouchi 

I’m not averse to a foreign manager at all, I just know we won’t go for anyone with quality. We are in a hole, need someone in by Thursday or very soon after if their goal in potting Dyche is survival and this will lead to an appointment as similarly panicked as the sacking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, longsiders1882 said:

I’m not averse to a foreign manager at all, I just know we won’t go for anyone with quality. We are in a hole, need someone in by Thursday or very soon after if their goal in potting Dyche is survival and this will lead to an appointment as similarly panicked as the sacking.

You would have thought they would have someone lined up as the replacement for Dyche. 

42 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Given how few games left you’ve got you’d probably do as well to stay with the guys that did the job on Sunday as bring in a panic appointment new guy. There’s not really time for a new man to get going and there’s the chance he might make changes that upset the apple cart.

When the dust settles in the summer you’ve got time for a good look round. One of Forest and Hudds at least are not going up. If they get pipped by Luton maybe both of them won’t go up. Some decent managers there that won’t get promoted.

Just my honest thoughts.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Given how few games left you’ve got you’d probably do as well to stay with the guys that did the job on Sunday as bring in a panic appointment new guy. There’s not really time for a new man to get going and there’s the chance he might make changes that upset the apple cart.

When the dust settles in the summer you’ve got time for a good look round. One of Forest and Hudds at least are not going up. If they get pipped by Luton maybe both of them won’t go up. Some decent managers there that won’t get promoted.

Just my honest thoughts.

Nathan Jones has just signed a new long term contract at Luton

Steve Cooper can't see leaving Forest 

Would Carlos Corberan leave Huddersfield? 

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He might. Not much further to travel.

If Burnley do come down they will massive financially pressure how the club was bought. 

Depends who they appointment and whether this is 7 games appointment or more long term appointment even if they get regelation. Very interesting days and weeks ahead for the dingles and their fanbase. 

Maybe look at Mark Warburton from QPR if he is sack there

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is "interesting" the word for sacking a manager who has guaranteed success throughout his tenure ahead of a now very likely relegation? Or scary?

Depends on your point of view. Like I said last week I'm not surprised for the reasons I've outlined last week like financially impact of relegation, poor form of recent weeks, Norwich away performance and how the owners bought the club. 

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

And would a manager who akin to Mowbray has seen his teams promotion chances crash and burn be an upgrade on Dyche? No chance.

Depends on their view and what the owners say in meeting with the person. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they going foriegn coach and look to bring director of football in the summer. 

Dyche influence at the club has been dwindling for the past 12 months and key personnel has been leaving in recent months like Mike Rigg and Martin Hodge

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Depends on your point of view. Like I said last week I'm not surprised for the reasons I've outlined last week like financially impact of relegation, poor form of recent weeks, Norwich away performance and how the owners bought the club. 

Depends on their view and what the owners say in meeting with the person. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they going foriegn coach and look to bring director of football in the summer. 

Dyche influence at the club has been dwindling for the past 12 months and key personnel has been leaving in recent months like Mike Rigg and Martin Hodge

Is that the Martin Hodge who used to play in goal ? If it is he had a spell at Rochdale, he was very popular there.

On 19/04/2022 at 20:32, longsiders1882 said:

Unsuitable, unworthy, irresponsible "ownership"!