BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

Yes, imagine being an Everton player or supporter right now.

Just what they didn’t need before entering the lion’s den.

It would be a culture shock for them, the last time they played in anything other than the top tier of English football, was 29th April 1954. Jerry Seinfeld was born that day, Churchill was Prime Minister, and an 19 year old truck driver from Memphis, called Elvis Presley was still 11 weeks away from recording his first hit, " That's all right, Mama " ...

So, it's been a while ! In normal times, relegation would be a blow, but with wealthy owners and a huge fanbase they would be expected to return to the EPL in short order. However, their Chairman's chief funder, Alisher Usmanov is subject to sanctions due to the Ukrainian conflict, they also have the new stadium underway and I doubt many if any of their playing staff will have relegation clauses in their contracts ... 

A long way to go yet, mind you .... the trouble is with following Burnley, it's the hope that " kills you " ... 😁 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

That would be beautiful! My dearest wish .

Never liked Leeds ever since incident in Darwen End during Ewood redevelopment when both Leeds And Rovers fans were in same end. For some strange reason at the end of game police authorities asked Leeds fans to leave first expecting them to cross over standing Rovers fans in an orderly fashion. Hate thinking back to than incident as many helpless older Rovers supporters were spat in the face by passing Leeds fans. 

Looks like we'll have to wait a long time before meeting Burnley in the league.

Sell up Venkys.

• Like 2

The other " X factor " in this is Leeds United .....

Burnley are now only two points behind Leeds, but with a 14 goal better goal/difference. Leeds have Crystal Palace ( A ) tomorrow night followed by ....

Manchester City  ( H )

Arsenal       ( A )

Chelsea     ( H )

Brighton    ( H )

Brentford    ( A ) 

Very easy to make a case that Leeds will still be on 33/34 points with just two games left, and a still worse goal difference !!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

The other " X factor " in this is Leeds United .....

Burnley are now only two points behind Leeds, but with a 14 goal better goal/difference. Leeds have Crystal Palace ( A ) tomorrow night followed by ....

Manchester City  ( H )

Arsenal       ( A )

Chelsea     ( H )

Brighton    ( H )

Brentford    ( A ) 

Very easy to make a case that Leeds will still be on 33/34 points with just two games left, and a still worse goal difference !!

Yes, and that minus GD is Leeds achilles heel.

Here's hoping.

5 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I can’t see them finding an interim for what will be the last 5 games after today, and if they did what realistically could he do differently? (Big) IF we can get a result today I’d imagine they will just see the season out as we are.

I seem to remember Carvalhal did ok with Sheff Wednesday but don’t remember much about this style, set up etc. Bilic I mainly remember from his West Ham spell where I seem to recall he started well. Can’t remember why it all went wrong. I can’t say either would inspire but then again when we appointed Dyche I was underwhelmed so I’m not the best judge. We do seem to be doing the whole ‘let’s get a foreign coach’ in. Not averse to it but it shouldn’t be a requirement. 

Good result today, How do you play today? 

Carvalhal played 4-4-2 most of the time there and he had them solid at the bench. 

It starting going wrong at West Ham for Bilic when the owners starting meddling in transfer matters there. 

I think Burnley ownership will look to appoint a sporting director and head coach there. 

Everton still have Watford, Palace, Brentford left to play. Even Leicester and Chelsea aren't as tough fixtures as they seemed earlier in the season. Plenty of points available to them. 

Lampard in charge is obviously a massive handicap but still plenty of scope for them to stay up.

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Everton played well today and so plenty of fight and determination Still think they will stay up. 

Burnley will go down 

If you say theyll go down theyll defo stay up

• Backroom

Always expected Burnley to get ahead today but they need to build a bit of a head start as Everton could go on a mini run the last few games once these table topping fixtures are done.

You wouldn’t be surprised if they got a bit of friendly help from the officials on the last day if it came to it, the premier league would prefer them than Burnley to be in the league next season 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Always expected Burnley to get ahead today but they need to build a bit of a head start as Everton could go on a mini run the last few games once these table topping fixtures are done.

You wouldn’t be surprised if they got a bit of friendly help from the officials on the last day if it came to it, the premier league would prefer them than Burnley to be in the league next season 

Last time Everton went down to the last day they won under suspicious circumstances.

• Like 2

If the youth team manager keeps Burnley up will they make the same mistake as the red rats did with Solksjaer ?
Makes you wonder what would have happened if we’d have blown Mowbray out six games ago and appointed Johnno in his place. Could we have honestly done any worse ?  Of course it helps if the people making the decisions are actually in the bloody country and actually know we are playing.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If the youth team manager keeps Burnley up will they make the same mistake as the red rats did with Solksjaer ?
Makes you wonder what would have happened if we’d have blown Mowbray out six games ago and appointed Johnno in his place. Could we have honestly done any worse ?  Of course it helps if the people making the decisions are actually in the bloody country and actually know we are playing.

I said this at the time; the results couldn't have been any worse than sticking with Mowbray.

Too late now of course.

Hey ho.

• Like 2

• Backroom
41 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I mean, considering we've had a grand total of 4 points out of a possible 18 I think Johnson would have struggled to do much worse. We've basically been in relegation form since the new year started.

• Like 5