BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

16 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Went into a club that had some real quality though - and a bit more cash than us as well.

I wouldn’t chose him personally. Had decent spells but with our budget I can’t see it working out.

I’ll pass if you don’t mind 😬

I do agree - I just wonder with our budget and resources if he can work within that.

They are - although we’ve done ok with mostly  non foreign signings this last 10/15 years, Mee was about 1 million, Tarky 1.5, Trippier about 1, Ings was cheap, Pope was almost nowt, etc etc. But I think the Cornet, Weghorst and attempt to get Orsic show they have a further afield view.

I know - I get it working at the bigger clubs that are simply brands these days but I don’t see it working at little old Burnley.

How about Mowbray as director of football and Steve kean as manager 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Everybody saying it was mad to get rid of Dyche are being shown as wrong right now,turning out to be a great move by the new owners.

True, but the games they’ve won were all winnable, and maybe Dyche would’ve got the same success?

I’d still happily take him.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, martonrover said:

True, but the games they’ve won were all winnable, and maybe Dyche would’ve got the same success?

I’d still happily take him.

They were winnable, as was Norwich and a few others under Dyche that we lost. I wasn’t happy he was sacked but so far it has paid dividends. We haven’t won 3 on the bounce in 3 years.

That said he is still I believe a great manager who, with the right club, could well repeat his Burnley miracle. You could do a lot worse.

Edited by longsiders1882
Wrong number of years typed.
  • Like 4

Got to admit I thought Burnley were doomed at various points this season. To pull out of it as they have has been truly remarkable.

They got the bounce out of sacking a terrific manager.

We had a mediocre one and kept him on despite  losses piling up

Edited by 47er
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

They were winnable, as was Norwich and a few others under Dyche that we lost. I wasn’t happy he was sacked but so far it has paid dividends. We haven’t won 3 on the bounce in 3 years.

That said he is still I believe a great manager who, with the right club, could well repeat his Burnley miracle. You could do a lot worse.

Spit! 😉

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Great win for Burnley, well done, keep it up.

Great loss by Leeds, well done, keep it up.

Pull your finger out Everton and condemn Leeds.

How can anyone 'champion' that lot?! I'd relegate all 3 of 'em and stick barcodes in the mix too as well as the Canaries and Watford!

Hang on a minute, with 5 relegated, do we still have a chance?! 😉 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Spit! 😉

How can anyone 'champion' that lot?! I'd relegate all 3 of 'em and stick barcodes in the mix too as well as the Canaries and Watford!

Hang on a minute, with 5 relegated, do we still have a chance?! 😉 🙂

I think we would need at least 9 relegated for us to stand any chance.

We better try soon before the PL cut in to 2 ..... and then 1 .....and .......

I made that up but then again nothing would surprise me in the running of Football.

46 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I think we would need at least 9 relegated for us to stand any chance.

We better try soon before the PL cut in to 2 ..... and then 1 .....and .......

I made that up but then again nothing would surprise me in the running of Football.

You mean the ruining of football ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

It is old news but there is more detail now.

5 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Takes care of the parachute money. The last sentence is interesting about the club advancing ten million to a fellow group company after the end of the reporting period. Have ALK started a film company?

Well we do have 50 million in cash as well, plus over 100 million in player value, plus around 100 million in parachutes to come.

The 10 million sounds like what Pace et al are taking out to me.

11 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Not really. We were ok first half but they were clinical. Woeful second half from us, got about what we earned today. Will need to be better in the last 3 games.

After your recent purple patch it must be worrying how easily you capitulated today and with Tarkowski going off with a reported hamstring injury it must add to your worries too. Having been in your position it's almost as nervous watching the teams in and around you play.

11 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Not really. We were ok first half but they were clinical. Woeful second half from us, got about what we earned today. Will need to be better in the last 3 games.

Who are your next 3 games against? 

where you surprise that Cornet didn't start yesterday? 

what is the latest on the next permanent appointment and was they any rumours around the fans? 

I can answer the first question - Spurs a, Villa a, Newcastle h.

Leeds - Arsenal a, Chelsea h, Brighton h, Brentford a.

Everton - Leicester a, Watford a, Brentford h, Palace h, Arsenal a.

Looking at those I can see Everton winning their home games and getting out of it. It’s between Leeds and Burnley. If Burnley can get another win from somewhere it could be Leeds going down.  I think Burnley will need another win from somewhere.

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can answer the first question - Spurs a, Villa a, Newcastle h.

Leeds - Arsenal a, Chelsea h, Brighton h, Brentford a.

Everton - Leicester a, Watford a, Brentford h, Palace h, Arsenal a.

Looking at those I can see Everton winning their home games and getting out of it. It’s between Leeds and Burnley. If Burnley can get another win from somewhere it could be Leeds going down.  I think Burnley will need another win from somewhere.

I think Leeds are down and aren’t going to pick up anything from their remaining games.

Burnley have one less game than Leeds so that may have some bearing on it.

Everton always escape.