BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Very surprised by that stat, but then maybe I shouldn't be. It's more evidence (not that Rovers fans were ever in danger of thinking this) that Dyche is more than just a throwback who gets success through playing ultra direct football.

It's never been easier to get a red card, especially with VAR. That they've only had two in five seasons tells you all you need to know about their manager who obviously takes care of the details.

A reputation for putting it about that was never deserved - just salty fans who hated losing to little old Burnley. Our disciplinary record is actually excellent and amongst the best over our time in the league.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

As it goes I believe it’s between us and Leeds - if we play like the last game we will be relying on Leeds picking up no more points because we won’t. Then again play like the 4 games before and we should be able to get the needed points. 

All that said Everton are not safe. Only 2 points ahead of us with 3 tricky games. It would massively surprise me if they didn’t pick more points up. We have a tough game Sunday and expect nothing from that. Villa weren’t all that at ours, we were just woeful and then Newcastle who had a decent run but lost the last 2. I expect it to go to the last day and right now I can’t call it between us or Leeds.

That didn’t work out but I didn’t see them being that woeful. Not sure how Philips stayed on the pitch either.

Leeds have got ‘relegation’ written all over them. Clueless, reckless and rudderless.

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

That didn’t work out but I didn’t see them being that woeful. Not sure how Philips stayed on the pitch either.

They were awful. Watched the highlights. deserved at least 2 red cards

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

As it goes I believe it’s between us and Leeds - if we play like the last game we will be relying on Leeds picking up no more points because we won’t. Then again play like the 4 games before and we should be able to get the needed points. 

All that said Everton are not safe. Only 2 points ahead of us with 3 tricky games. It would massively surprise me if they didn’t pick more points up. We have a tough game Sunday and expect nothing from that. Villa weren’t all that at ours, we were just woeful and then Newcastle who had a decent run but lost the last 2. I expect it to go to the last day and right now I can’t call it between us or Leeds.

Everton are playing for Lampard and showing some fighting spirit whilst Leeds aren't 

Some interesting games ahead and I see Everton winning against Brentford on Sunday

8 minutes ago, goozburger said:

@longsiders1882 Joey Barton currently strong favourite to be appointed. Probably a load of nonsense going on while the season plays out, but can't imagine too many of your lot would be happy with that one!

I wouldn’t even have that thug in charge of the Strangeways XI, which is where he belongs.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, goozburger said:

@longsiders1882 Joey Barton currently strong favourite to be appointed. Probably a load of nonsense going on while the season plays out, but can't imagine too many of your lot would be happy with that one!

26 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

I wouldn’t even have that thug in charge of the Strangeways XI, which is where he belongs.

He’s a strange one. Was brilliant for us as a player. Definitely one people love when they play for your team and hate in the opposition line up.

His managerial career has been beset with issues away from the pitch. Shame as that’s where he’s done quite well but he has a self destruct switch. Not a chance our chairman would recruit him. Whilst I did love him playing for us I don’t want him back as manager.

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Is that the same insight you saw when predicting Leeds to beat Chelsea? 

We all make predictions that don't happen to work not all of us can get everything right every time can we. 

Leeds didn't turn up against Chelsea and their players seems unsure and lost with Jesse Marsch's tactics and ideas

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We all make predictions that don't happen to work not all of us can get everything right every time can we. 

Leeds didn't turn up against Chelsea and their players seems unsure and lost with Jesse Marsch's tactics and 

I’m not sure. I could easily see them not getting anymore points - but as they have Brentford and Palace at home they have the best chance. Can’t see us getting anything Sunday and if Brighton are at it Leeds will struggle but that being at home has to be their best shout. Both of them face Brentford who have been playing really well.

Likewise for us Newcastle at home last game has to be our best shout but that has ‘Trippier from the right, Wood header, bash, Burnley are down’ written all over it. I’m not confident after our last outing.

Edited by longsiders1882
Had missed a few words off

54 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

He’s a strange one. Was brilliant for us as a player. Definitely one people love when they play for your team and hate in the opposition line up.

His managerial career has been beset with issues away from the pitch. Shame as that’s where he’s done quite well but he has a self destruct switch. Not a chance our chairman would recruit him. Whilst I did love him playing for us I don’t want him back as manager.

I always liked Barton as a player. He’s a winner that drives the rest of the team on. Something of a Robbie Savage but Barton could actually play. Would I want him as a son-in-law ? Not really, but it would be interesting. Same thing applies to him as a manager. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I’m not sure. I could easily see them not getting anymore points - but as they have Brentford and Palace at home they have the best chance. Can’t see us getting anything Sunday and if Brighton are at it Leeds will struggle but that being at home has to be their best shout. Both of them face Brentford who have been playing really well.

Likewise for us Newcastle at home last game has to be our best shout but that has ‘Trippier from the right, Wood header, bash, Burnley are down’ written all over it. I’m not confident after our last outing.

I think you’re fine. Leeds aren’t a good side and there team is now ravaged with injuries and suspensions. I’d be very surprised if Leeds pick up another point this season! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Butty said:

I think you’re fine. Leeds aren’t a good side and there team is now ravaged with injuries and suspensions. I’d be very surprised if Leeds pick up another point this season! 

I pray you are right - it actually wouldn’t surprise me if no more points were gained by us, Leeds or Everton.

3 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I pray you are right - it actually wouldn’t surprise me if no more points were gained by us, Leeds or Everton.

There are always strange results in the last couple of games of the season. I do think you'll stay up on goal difference though.

39 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Everton's home form has been really strong, I wouldn't be surprised if they get 4 points or something from Brentford and Palace. 

Things can change quickly of course but I'd say it's between you and Leeds.....if either of you manages to win a game, that's all it could take to stay up.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I think Burnley will (unfortunately) beat a Newcastle side that will be on the beach.

Newcastle won't be the beach at all. Its their last home of the season and I expect Newcastle to win. Their performance against Liverpool at home was good

53 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Completely agree. Except it's at Turf Moor. ☺️

I made mistake thinking it was this Sunday but thats Spurs at home to them

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If I had to bet on a Burnley side fighting for their lives at home to a Newcastle side who have nothing to play for with a couple of ex dingles thrown into the bargain, I know where my money would go.

It won't be easy as you are saying as you are making to be. I think Newcastle will win and Tripper and Wood will score to send them down. Imagine that

• Like 1

• Backroom

Newcastle been playing some nice stuff recently. They'll be a lot of players wanting to prove themselves, and make sure they're still in the picture for next season after the summer transfer spending. Desperate not to leave a club on the up. 

If anything, I reckon Brentford will be the one's on the beach and might give Leeds a gift, despite their awful away form. 🤞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Newcastle won't be the beach at all. Its their last home of the season and I expect Newcastle to win. Their performance against Liverpool at home was good

Don’t think it matters either way, like I said with the players Leeds have out I think it’ll be a miracle if they get another point this season. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I made mistake thinking it was this Sunday but thats Spurs at home to them

It won't be easy as you are saying as you are making to be. I think Newcastle will win and Tripper and Wood will score to send them down. Imagine that

Imagine that indeed, dream rather than reality I suspect.

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

Maybe Jackson's "let them off the leash" approach was found out against Villa, where they were atrocious and it could have been a bigger defeat than it was.

I’ll have to question that - and I was there. We had more shots than them and around half the possession. What Villa were is clinical - and pretty cynical as it goes - but considering we were poor they were not all that.

Likewise though can’t call the relegation scrap. Us or Leeds 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Butty said:

Don’t think it matters either way, like I said with the players Leeds have out I think it’ll be a miracle if they get another point this season. 

I wouldn't discount Leeds just yet. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Imagine that indeed, dream rather than reality I suspect.

Why? Cos you think it's dead rubber for them. 

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't discount Leeds just yet. 

Why? Cos you think it's dead rubber for them. 

Would you not? They’ve got so many players missing it’s scary, they need a miracle I think. I’ve been wrong before though so who knows.