BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can answer the first question - Spurs a, Villa a, Newcastle h.

Leeds - Arsenal a, Chelsea h, Brighton h, Brentford a.

Everton - Leicester a, Watford a, Brentford h, Palace h, Arsenal a.

Looking at those I can see Everton winning their home games and getting out of it. It’s between Leeds and Burnley. If Burnley can get another win from somewhere it could be Leeds going down.  I think Burnley will need another win from somewhere.

3 very tough games there for Dingles. 

I can see Leeds picking up points from those 4 games and having enough. 

Everton, I feel will pick enough points to stay up. 

21 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I’m sticking with the dingles to drop. See you next season longers

Agreed

• Like 2

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

After your recent purple patch it must be worrying how easily you capitulated today and with Tarkowski going off with a reported hamstring injury it must add to your worries too. Having been in your position it's almost as nervous watching the teams in and around you play.

The injury to Tarky is a worry. Collins is excellent but still young and inexperienced. Long is fine as stand in alongside Mee or Tarkowski but those 2 together (Collins/Long) just won’t be good enough. It is worrying watching the results come in from other games.

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who are your next 3 games against? 

where you surprise that Cornet didn't start yesterday? 

what is the latest on the next permanent appointment and was they any rumours around the fans? 

Games been answered, next Sunday Spurs so nothing there, then Villa midweek - they weren’t amazing so no reason we couldn’t get something but we’d have to do better. Cornet was coming back so not a massive surprise but we cannot go with Barnes/Weghorst up top - all the mobility of an oil tanker. Assuming Vydra is as injured as the rumour mill suggests then Cornet will need to play off Weghorst.

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can answer the first question - Spurs a, Villa a, Newcastle h.

Leeds - Arsenal a, Chelsea h, Brighton h, Brentford a.

Everton - Leicester a, Watford a, Brentford h, Palace h, Arsenal a.

Looking at those I can see Everton winning their home games and getting out of it. It’s between Leeds and Burnley. If Burnley can get another win from somewhere it could be Leeds going down.  I think Burnley will need another win from somewhere.

Definitely think it’s us or Leeds. We need at least one win, probably a draw as well.

2 hours ago, booth said:

I think Leeds are down and aren’t going to pick up anything from their remaining games.

Burnley have one less game than Leeds so that may have some bearing on it.

Everton always escape.

After today Leeds have the same number left as us. Another factor is both Leeds and Everton play midweek so have the chance to put us back in the relegation zone before we play Sunday.

Honestly not sure how it’s going to go - can we find more performances like the 4 before yesterday or will we play like that in the last 3, because if we do we won’t pick anything else up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Games been answered, next Sunday Spurs so nothing there, then Villa midweek - they weren’t amazing so no reason we couldn’t get something but we’d have to do better. Cornet was coming back so not a massive surprise but we cannot go with Barnes/Weghorst up top - all the mobility of an oil tanker. Assuming Vydra is as injured as the rumour mill suggests then Cornet will need to play off Weghorst.

I watched the full game on Sky last night. No pace or movement up front made its easy for Villa, tho I thought defensively you were very poor. 

I think it will go down to last day of the season

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

3 very tough games there for Dingles. 

I can see Leeds picking up points from those 4 games and having enough. 

Everton, I feel will pick enough points to stay up. 

Agreed

I don’t see Leeds picking up any points from those games.

19 minutes ago, 47er said:

I thought Burnley were safe a week or 2 ago but still could be saved by Leeds who have absolutely collapsed.

Leeds must be favourites to go down.

Looks like it, they’ve imploded recently. It doesn’t make things easy for us next season. All three teams have recent experience of promotions.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

The one thing you'd be clinging onto as a Leeds fan would be that their final two games are against teams with nothing to play for, although you can say that about Burnley too, at least for a couple of their games. 

If they can somehow get three points against Brighton at Elland Rd, and Burnley lose at Tottenham, then suddenly the Dingles look right up against it. 

20 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

The one thing you'd be clinging onto as a Leeds fan would be that their final two games are against teams with nothing to play for, although you can say that about Burnley too, at least for a couple of their games. 

If they can somehow get three points against Brighton at Elland Rd, and Burnley lose at Tottenham, then suddenly the Dingles look right up against it. 

Leeds have got to get a win from somewhere but the way they’re playing the wouldn’t beat Rovers at the moment !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Leeds have got to get a win from somewhere but the way they’re playing the would beat Rovers at the moment !

Having a player sent off every game won't help!

For all that their fans believe their own hype, it should be a tasty atmosphere there at the weekend for such a massive game. They'll find out what their players are made of.

I expect Leeds to crumble if I'm being honest, but if they get the first goal it could be one of those strange end of season games when one team clearly needs it more than the other. 

11 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Having a player sent off every game won't help!

For all that their fans believe their own hype, it should be a tasty atmosphere there at the weekend for such a massive game. They'll find out what their players are made of.

I expect Leeds to crumble if I'm being honest, but if they get the first goal it could be one of those strange end of season games when one team clearly needs it more than the other. 

Sorry mate but my post should have said “ Leeds wouldn’t beat Rovers “ ! You can still like it as it was though ! 

As you say - you can’t keep having players sent off. You don’t win many games playing with ten for most of the game. I read somewhere that the dingles have only had 2 players sent off in the last 5 years in spite of being a team well known for “putting it about a bit”.  Leeds have had two red cards in the last two games ! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Sorry mate but my post should have said “ Leeds wouldn’t beat Rovers “ ! You can still like it as it was though ! 

As you say - you can’t keep having players sent off. You don’t win many games playing with ten for most of the game. I read somewhere that the dingles have only had 2 players sent off in the last 5 years in spite of being a team well known for “putting it about a bit”.  Leeds have had two red cards in the last two games ! 

This season Leeds have also set a new all time record for yellows in the PL. Dirty Leeds rings true again.

21 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

This season Leeds have also set a new all time record for yellows in the PL. Dirty Leeds rings true again.

The stark difference between the team that coined the 'Dirty Leeds' phrase could play, had some genuinely tough players and were winners. This current lot look to be lily livered and mentally weak.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Very surprised by that stat, but then maybe I shouldn't be. It's more evidence (not that Rovers fans were ever in danger of thinking this) that Dyche is more than just a throwback who gets success through playing ultra direct football.

It's never been easier to get a red card, especially with VAR. That they've only had two in five seasons tells you all you need to know about their manager who obviously takes care of the details.

As it goes I believe it’s between us and Leeds - if we play like the last game we will be relying on Leeds picking up no more points because we won’t. Then again play like the 4 games before and we should be able to get the needed points. 

All that said Everton are not safe. Only 2 points ahead of us with 3 tricky games. It would massively surprise me if they didn’t pick more points up. We have a tough game Sunday and expect nothing from that. Villa weren’t all that at ours, we were just woeful and then Newcastle who had a decent run but lost the last 2. I expect it to go to the last day and right now I can’t call it between us or Leeds.

On 08/05/2022 at 19:24, chaddyrovers said:

I can see them beating Chelsea on Wednesday tbh

That didn’t work out but I didn’t see them being that woeful. Not sure how Philips stayed on the pitch either.