BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

On 13/05/2022 at 21:04, longsiders1882 said:

I’ll have to question that - and I was there. We had more shots than them and around half the possession. What Villa were is clinical - and pretty cynical as it goes - but considering we were poor they were not all that.

Likewise though can’t call the relegation scrap. Us or Leeds 🤷‍♂️

What type of game are you expecting today Spurs and do you think Mike Jackson will change tactics from 4-4-2 to maybe 4-5-1? 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

What type of game are you expecting today Spurs and do you think Mike Jackson will change tactics from 4-4-2 to maybe 4-5-1? 

I’d expected 4/4/2 but he’s gone with a 5 at the back. It’s all Spurs as I’d expected. We are praying for a nil nil

Edited by longsiders1882
Correcting if to I’d

33 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I’d expected 4/4/2 but he’s gone with a 5 at the back. It’s all Spurs as I’d expected. We are praying for a nil nil

I surprised you gone 5 at the back given how Spurs play. 

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

spurs 1-0,it`s up to leeds now😅,no chance of burnley getting back in this one imo

I agree there. Over to Leeds to win

18 minutes ago, MelchesterRover said:

VAR is such a bitch when it goes against you. 

Feel that’s a ridiculous decision, it was a foot away from him. We would never have been given that - nor should we because it wasn’t hand ball.

Didn’t expect anything other than a defeat today to be honest, Thursday and Sunday are our targets.

1 minute ago, longsiders1882 said:

Feel that’s a ridiculous decision, it was a foot away from him. We would never have been given that - nor should we because it wasn’t hand ball.

Didn’t expect anything other than a defeat today to be honest, Thursday and Sunday are our targets.

That's VAR for you. Obviously when the ref is called to the monitor it seems a bit of a token gesture as it means VAR has already decided.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

VAR again was not the issue but will no doubt get the blame. All that VAR did was allowed the ref to be highlighted of a handball that under the current rules was then correctly given as a penalty.

1 minute ago, Ianrally said:

Of course your right, but it’s the current rules that are out of kilter with the game. 

I’m not sure even within the laws that  it is a handball as it was so close. However, if that is a penalty then ‘the law is an ass’

• Like 2

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

var is load of b*****s and should only be used for goal line incidents and bad fouls,let the ref decide the decisions not some bloke in a suit lounging around a studio

The ref did decide based on what he saw, which was in line with the current rules. 

VAR often gets the blame for when decisions are given according to the laws of the game that people perhaps don't agree with, which is a totally different argument altogether.

I was against VAR initially but you cannot argue that it doesn't improve the accuracy of decisions.

Seeing that gift and then watching lower leagues and playoffs where you would have to shoot someone to get a penalty. a fatal shot not a mere wounding.

God help us when VAR is the norm all through the top leagues.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

Mike Riley at the start of the season on the new handball law

"If the ball strikes that arm, particularly if it is blocking a shot on goal, there is a greater likelihood we will penalise that."

The proximity of the player whose hand or arm makes contact with the ball to where the ball was struck from will still be an important consideration for officials when making a decision to award handball or not.”

Well in the Burnley circumstances the ball was going nowhere near the goal, nor into a dangerous position. And it was also pretty close so the proximity should be taken into account. When you watch it at actual speed it’s ridiculously harsh. Showing the ref slow-mo replays doesn’t help. He should view it at actual speed in the context of the situation. Joke of a decision. Funny though.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Of course your right, but it’s the current rules that are out of kilter with the game. 

They've tried to take all of the interpretation (and therefore context) out of the game - "ball hit hand, therefore, handball".

Which is why you get nonsense decisions like that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

The ref did decide based on what he saw, which was in line with the current rules. 

VAR often gets the blame for when decisions are given according to the laws of the game that people perhaps don't agree with, which is a totally different argument altogether.

I was against VAR initially but you cannot argue that it doesn't improve the accuracy of decisions.

my point was forget about the video replay,let the ref decide on what he saw in realtime,thats what he`s there

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Seeing that gift and then watching lower leagues and playoffs where you would have to shoot someone to get a penalty. a fatal shot not a mere wounding.

God help us when VAR is the norm all through the top leagues.

We're playing a different game in the lower leagues. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

Mike Riley at the start of the season on the new handball law

"If the ball strikes that arm, particularly if it is blocking a shot on goal, there is a greater likelihood we will penalise that."

The proximity of the player whose hand or arm makes contact with the ball to where the ball was struck from will still be an important consideration for officials when making a decision to award handball or not.”

Well in the Burnley circumstances the ball was going nowhere near the goal, nor into a dangerous position. And it was also pretty close so the proximity should be taken into account. When you watch it at actual speed it’s ridiculously harsh. Showing the ref slow-mo replays doesn’t help. He should view it at actual speed in the context of the situation. Joke of a decision. Funny though.

Well that advice to Riley's Robots fell on deaf ears but excellent rebuttal of some of the crap posted earlier ... not by you ... Or me ..

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

my point was forget about the video replay,let the ref decide on what he saw in realtime,thats what he`s there

All that video is doing is giving the referee a chance to see something that he may not have fully seen. One man at the pace of a match at that level with the potential for a number of the 22 players getting in the way, he is unlikely or cannot be expected to always get a clear view.

It's one of them I suppose. VAR is a way of getting more decisions right and giving referees much more evidence on which to make key decisions upon. That being said, it can take away the element of spontaneity. It isn't perfect but I am not sure that anyone who is dead against it can strongly criticise decisions made in competitions where it doesn't exist, considering they are so against the most useful solution.