BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

6 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

It would be a culture shock for them, the last time they played in anything other than the top tier of English football, was 29th April 1954. Jerry Seinfeld was born that day, Churchill was Prime Minister, and an 19 year old truck driver from Memphis, called Elvis Presley was still 11 weeks away from recording his first hit, " That's all right, Mama " ...

So, it's been a while ! In normal times, relegation would be a blow, but with wealthy owners and a huge fanbase they would be expected to return to the EPL in short order. However, their Chairman's chief funder, Alisher Usmanov is subject to sanctions due to the Ukrainian conflict, they also have the new stadium underway and I doubt many if any of their playing staff will have relegation clauses in their contracts ... 

A long way to go yet, mind you .... the trouble is with following Burnley, it's the hope that " kills you " ... 😁 

I remember Everton almost going down in the 90’s, until Hans Segers “chucked” one in the net for them. My hunch is that they will be the ones to drop. Tough looking fixtures and a manager who looks out of place in a relegation battle. 

7 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

A great win - but we need another three so we are still favourites for the drop. This mini revival may well only end up making it sweeter for you guys when we still go down.

I would expect you to be cautious but you've won 3 of the last 5 games, Everton have won one. The draw has meant you've been largely playing teams with nothing to fight for.

I think you'll stay up. Not bothered from a Rovers point of view. We'll probably have a ramshackle team of loans and youngsters next season so I'd prefer not to play you!

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, 47er said:

I would expect you to be cautious but you've won 3 of the last 5 games, Everton have won one. The draw has meant you've been largely playing teams with nothing to fight for.

I think you'll stay up. Not bothered from a Rovers point of view. We'll probably have a ramshackle team of loans and youngsters next season so I'd prefer not to play you!

Tesco will prefer Everton and so would I...its a great away ground.  

He knows that there will definitely be 6k Evertonians whereas we all know the knuckle draggers are a bit flakey with their shit support

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

He knows that there will definitely be 6k Evertonians whereas we all know the knuckle draggers are a bit flakey with their shit support

Category AAA++++ tickets from £47. Bargain!

• Like 1

Yes as much as I dislike the oafs down the road it would be quite sweet to see Everton drop down. Seeing as how they are such a "big club" and all that.

Don't be surprised if the referees are making rather generous decisions in the favour of Everton while being particularly harsh on the dingles over the remaining matches.

8 hours ago, 47er said:

We looked leggy yesterday with such a short turnaround. Hopefully we are fully rested for Watford. I am cautious because it truly is the hope that kills. There will be ups and downs over the next 5 games. Let’s see how Leeds do against Palace!

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I’m not going to do the whole attendance debate but in terms of games against you then both sets of fans turn out.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

The cloud that could be Burnley staying up could be tempered by the silver lining of Everton going down.

That's a win/nearly win for me. 😁😁😁

34 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Yes as much as I dislike the oafs down the road it would be quite sweet to see Everton drop down. Seeing as how they are such a "big club" and all that.

Don't be surprised if the referees are making rather generous decisions in the favour of Everton while being particularly harsh on the dingles over the remaining matches.

Wouldn’t surprise me but the referees should remember Americans are very litigious 😬

55 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Vincent Kompany current joint favourite as our next manager with Rooney, Benitez slightly behind those 2.

Not sure how I feel about that, his record at Anderlecht is decent but I’ve no idea how that translates to English Leagues 🤷‍♂️

Benitez would want a decent transfer fund I imagine.

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

Vincent Kompany current joint favourite as our next manager with Rooney, Benitez slightly behind those 2.

Not sure how I feel about that, his record at Anderlecht is decent but I’ve no idea how that translates to English Leagues 🤷‍♂️

Mowbray’s available 😉

• Like 6

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

With some players, you just know they are going to be good managers. Kompany is one of them, I think he'd be a terrific appointment for you lot.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I think your ownership want to go down the foreign route and bring in Director of football and head coach structure plus look towards the Europe market for signings who are cheaper for you

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think your ownership want to go down the foreign route and bring in Director of football and head coach structure plus look towards the Europe market for signings who are cheaper for you

Well I never!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Viera hadn’t pulled up any trees abroad but Palace fans love him…

Went into a club that had some real quality though - and a bit more cash than us as well.

6 hours ago, booth said:

Benitez would want a decent transfer fund I imagine.

I wouldn’t chose him personally. Had decent spells but with our budget I can’t see it working out.

6 hours ago, martonrover said:

Mowbray’s available 😉

I’ll pass if you don’t mind 😬

5 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

With some players, you just know they are going to be good managers. Kompany is one of them, I think he'd be a terrific appointment for you lot.

I do agree - I just wonder with our budget and resources if he can work within that.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

They are - although we’ve done ok with mostly  non foreign signings this last 10/15 years, Mee was about 1 million, Tarky 1.5, Trippier about 1, Ings was cheap, Pope was almost nowt, etc etc. But I think the Cornet, Weghorst and attempt to get Orsic show they have a further afield view.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Haha, absolutely obsessed/transfixed with a director of football being appointed above a head coach at every single club!

I know - I get it working at the bigger clubs that are simply brands these days but I don’t see it working at little old Burnley.

Edited by longsiders1882
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

They are - although we’ve done ok with mostly  non foreign signings this last 10/15 years, Mee was about 1 million, Tarky 1.5, Trippier about 1, Ings was cheap, Pope was almost nowt, etc etc. But I think the Cornet, Weghorst and attempt to get Orsic show they have a further afield view.

Your owners seem to want to down that route and have got rid of the Chief Scout who Dyche had there. 

That's why I think they look for director of football and Head Coach from European or has a background in that and most likely in the summer. 

10 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Viera hadn’t pulled up any trees abroad but Palace fans love him…

I think you underestimate his upbringing from a managerial point of view within the Citeh Group...you can see the DNA in his team at Palace.....I think he's a good manager and possibly a great one in the making

• Like 3