BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Shirt sponsor

9 hours ago, Tom said:

Not keen on this at all, I understand the commercial need but wish we could have gone for something a bit more ethical like the community trust or tried to capitalise on the 7 games on Sky with a short term deal from elsewhere.

In times when a part of society is vaccine sceptic and worried about what goes in their bodies I feel advertising vaping isn’t great especially one with a logo that catches childrens eyes

It is absolutely fk8n absurd when smokers, vapers, junk food eaters, even drinkers tbh.... Say they're anti vac

As for having nicotine products being prominently endorsed by a professional football club! Thats just absolutely fkin twisted and sends out a completely poor message to young or easy influenced supporters

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

Where to start with this!

Firstly - the actual issue is another knock on from pandemic, according to Recoverite (it would seem).

The choice of sponsor isn’t a problem for me, vaping is far healthier than smoking and is partly an aid to quit whilst cigarettes are still legal. Much prefer a local company too, over a big betting / alcohol / some government dodgy donor like Randox.

The timing obviously isn’t great, but surely to god, someone at the club must’ve flagged those horrendous shirts before signing off?

You can literally see the other logo below! 

In a time when were about to have a run of being on TV for a month, surely something else could’ve been organised and in a more professional manner?

Vaping is far from healthier than smoking! It's just as far as we know at the moment not as unhealthy. Big difference in my mind.  (Niether are healthy!!) 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

As someone who smokes and vapes I can tell you they are both terrible for you only one has far more potential to get the next generation hooked. It may be cheaper now but we all know the price will increasingly rise. If we can’t have mcwans lager or lambert and butler I don’t see why we should have this.  surly there are better companies we could attract to a family club we all take pride in

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Vaping is far from healthier than smoking! It's just as far as we know at the moment not as unhealthy. Big difference in my mind.  (Niether are healthy!!) 

That doesn't make any sense.  If as far as we know it's not as unhealthy, then by definition as far as we know it is healthier.

I'm not totally comfortable with this sponsorship, but it's better than gambling.  I'm also a hypocrite because I would have no problem with being sponsored by a beer.  I suppose it's just a case of being comfortable with my own vices and not those of others. 

I think the club deserve some slack with regards to the bodge job sticky label sponsor, there's only so much they can do when Macron clearly aren't capable of delivering new stock with a properly assimilated new sponsor logo.  It could look a lot worse.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, belfast_rover said:

That doesn't make any sense.  If as far as we know it's not as unhealthy, then by definition as far as we know it is healthier.

I'm not totally comfortable with this sponsorship, but it's better than gambling.  I'm also a hypocrite because I would have no problem with being sponsored by a beer.  I suppose it's just a case of being comfortable with my own vices and not those of others. 

I think the club deserve some slack with regards to the bodge job sticky label sponsor, there's only so much they can do when Macron clearly aren't capable of delivering new stock with a properly assimilated new sponsor logo.  It could look a lot worse.

I take your point I suppose. But still neither are healthy! But both are unhealthy.

Does that clarify my point 😅😅

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Silas said:

C'mon, let's not get silly with statements. 

The NHS specifically says different:

Did you know?

E-cigarettes are far less harmful than smoking cigarettes and can help you quit.

NHS website link

Your kinda splitting hairsand and if you think vaping is "healthy" or at least not particularly "unhealthy" then crack on, but more fool you I say.

When your throat and lungs are buggered(along with god knows what else) and you're in and out of the hospital you can take it up with them 👍

• Backroom
51 minutes ago, Tom said:

Smoking was considered healthy once upon a time wasn’t it? Not convinced we know the full effects of vaping and social vapers yet 

Different World an eternity ago.

If you picked up today's scientists/medical professionals and plonked them back then they'd identify smoking as bad in about 2 days. (Also a lot of corruption back then).

They've been looking at vaping in depth for a decade plus now. 

Totally get the encouraging children/crap branding angle though. 

• Like 1

This is the thin end of the wedge. The tactics vaping companies use are similar to the ones used by tobacco companies back in the day.

https://tobaccotactics.org/wiki/e-cigarettes-marketing/

At the end of the day, we’ve lost a sponsor who promotes fitness and athleticism for this. I’d love for Recoverite to come out & give their side of the story. 

E564A609-485C-415B-BF94-C3A610BD8C0E.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Also I may be naive but I always assumed that sponsorship was paid up in advance or at least on an annual basis etc?

This is a commercial negotiation. Let’s hypothetically say that your company was about to sign a contract with another party & for whatever reason, you weren’t totally satisfied that they were going to fulfil their side of the bargain to the letter. Would you pay all the cash up front ? A bit like employing a builder - always negotiate a sizeable retention payment. 

Such a deal structure suggests that there were rights & obligations on both parties with built in termination events in the event of dissatisfaction. 
There is no evidence to suggest Recoverite have gone bust but equally, they aren’t immune from COVID; so if they felt they weren’t getting value for money then termination makes sense for them. 

25 minutes ago, Silas said:

Different World an eternity ago.

If you picked up today's scientists/medical professionals and plonked them back then they'd identify smoking as bad in about 2 days. (Also a lot of corruption back then).

They've been looking at vaping in depth for a decade plus now. 

Totally get the encouraging children/crap branding angle though. 

"a lot of corruption back then" not much has changed from what i can see, nicoteen supliers seem to use the same strategies & tactics as the "big pharmas" when it comes to pushing products that they know full well do more harm than good once in the hands of the general public. 

Was there not something mentioned about recoverite being involved in the physio / recovery side of the club? I wonder if the rumours around the “skeleton staff” at Ewood means they weren’t being involved how they would like to have been, or weren’t receiving the data they should have been getting or something 

It’s strange for a brand to pull out without going bust or struggling financially. Recoverite must have good reason…

• Like 1

I'm not happy about having that crap logo on our shirt, the brand and the message it is sending out. Imagine deciding to go with that when we have a whole load of Sky games coming up. It is going to look especially hideous on our yellow away shirt.

This is a question that has been asked since 2011, but why can't our owners find a decent shirt sponsor for us from within India? Balaji must have contacts over there, yet every time it comes around to it we seem to scrabble around here for the laziest and easiest option.

• Like 1

I can't believe that you are actually allowed to advertise any kind of nicotine product. It's absolutely mental. 

In my humble opinion they should ban all advertising of gambling, vaping and junk food/energy drinks.

For those arguing that vaping is less harmful than smoking, well smoking is less harmful than meth or heroin. Fuck it let's just advertise that stuff. We could even do a deal to rename the stadium. "Coming live from Uncle Jack's Smack Shack it's Blackburn Rovers verses West Bromwich Albion"

Vaping companies and tobacco companies are selling the same thing. They are the same thing.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I can't believe that you are actually allowed to advertise any kind of nicotine product. It's absolutely mental. 

In my humble opinion they should ban all advertising of gambling, vaping and junk food/energy drinks.

For those arguing that vaping is less harmful than smoking, well smoking is less harmful than meth or heroin. Fuck it let's just advertise that stuff. We could even do a deal to rename the stadium. "Coming live from Uncle Jack's Smack Shack it's Blackburn Rovers verses West Bromwich Albion"

Vaping companies and tobacco companies are selling the same thing. They are the same thing.

Ridiculous comparison 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Ridiculous comparison 

Not really, they are both addictive substances that can easily find their way into the hands of children and young teenagers. 

I can't believe that alcohol and tobacco can not be advertised yet vaping and gambling can. 

There is one thing that is absolutely certain. Not vaping is healthier than vaping.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

🙌

As a Saints Rugby League fan I've had this discussion plenty of times before. It's been ongoing for a number of years. At least we're discussing a shirt sponsorship and not the "Totally Wicked Stadium" part 2.

FWIW, from my experience with the Saints side of things, kids don't have a clue what it is. The logo/icon and company name don't in any way refer to the product and the name itself just seems like some kind of fun oddity to the young ones. 

I think as a rush job til the end of the season it's okay, but I firmly believe the club wouldn't actively seek this kind of deal if it had much choice. They have already sworn off betting companies. Be interesting to see if that holds up if promotion comes about.

Edited by JoeH

7 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I’ve kicked alcohol addictions, cocaine addictions, amphetamine addictions. The only addiction I’ve never kicked is nicotine 

Yep, i think it's more addictive than any drug(legal or illegal) 

The only difference is that unlike some of the stronger drugs nicotine it kills you slowly and by the time you really start feeling the negative effects you'll already be heavily addicted. 

• Like 1