BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Shirt sponsor

It's poor really when lots of supporters have bought shirts with Recoverite on them and certainly expected that business to remain as main sponsors for the whole season. Will Rovers now bring out new shirts with Totally Wicked on them?

A better explanation might have helped.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It's poor really when lots of supporters have bought shirts with Recoverite on them and certainly expected that business to remain as main sponsors for the whole season. Will Rovers now bring out new shirts with Totally Wicked on them?

A better explanation might have helped.

As someone who collects shirts, i will prob need to buy 3 new ones now, given it may be a historic shirt (promotion shirt). Not good, not ideal, but if recoverite have not paid up ( i can only assume) their removal from the front of the shirt would be a given. Replacing them  maybe should of waited until summer ££££s over sentiment.

Smoking/tobacco product on front of shirt, mmmm that's another interesting story

• Backroom

Not keen on this at all, I understand the commercial need but wish we could have gone for something a bit more ethical like the community trust or tried to capitalise on the 7 games on Sky with a short term deal from elsewhere.

In times when a part of society is vaccine sceptic and worried about what goes in their bodies I feel advertising vaping isn’t great especially one with a logo that catches childrens eyes

Edited by Tom
  • Like 9

Just now, Tom said:

Not keen on this at all, I understand the commercial need but wish we could have gone for something a bit more ethical like the community trust.

In times when a part of society is vaccine sceptic and worried about what goes in their bodies I feel advertising vaping isn’t great especially one with a logo that catches childrens eyes

I agree, so many kids at the schools are using vapes, promoting it, is not ideal

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

As someone who collects shirts, i will prob need to buy 3 new ones now, given it may be a historic shirt (promotion shirt). Not good, not ideal, but if recoverite have not paid up ( i can only assume) their removal from the front of the shirt would be a given. Replacing them  maybe should of waited until summer ££££s over sentiment.

Smoking/tobacco product on front of shirt, mmmm that's another interesting story

That could well be the case and would be acceptable to the supporters but, as I said why don't Rovers explain this rather than allow speculation. If there has been a contractual or financial reason just tell us.

Would've thought putting the front of the shirt out to tender again (considering our position, on TV loads coming up) would've raised more than Totally Wicked could reasonably afford.

Anyway, jumped on to buy a Recoverite away shirt before they sold out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Would've thought putting the front of the shirt out to tender again (considering our position, on TV loads coming up) would've raised more than Totally Wicked could reasonably afford.

Anyway, jumped on to buy a Recoverite away shirt before they sold out.

Would’ve just lead to a betting company. They’ve had plenty of offers from betting companies but club made a commitment to avoid them.

• Backroom
Just now, JoeH said:

Would’ve just lead to a betting company. They’ve had plenty of offers from betting companies but club made a commitment to avoid them.

Yet we are happy to advertise vapes to kiddies? Not good 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

That could well be the case and would be acceptable to the supporters but, as I said why don't Rovers explain this rather than allow speculation. If there has been a contractual or financial reason just tell us.

I assume some of the details are sensitive and aren’t for Rovers to disclose.

Disappointing and echo the thoughts re promoting vaping products. 

Find it amusing the amount of replies on Twitter asking whether the club will be giving out free replacement shirts with the new logo. Surely fans would rather have the more limited edition version??

Rovers to release a statement explaining how supporters can exchange Recoverite sponsored shirts for Totally Wicked ones... 

Clearly not happy with them then, if they're willing to take that financial hit just to get their brand out of circulation.

6 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Rovers to release a statement explaining how supporters can exchange Recoverite sponsored shirts for Totally Wicked ones... 

Clearly not happy with them then, if they're willing to take that financial hit just to get their brand out of circulation.

Thanks Joe.

Do you know if there will be an option for a plain shirt for kids?

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Thanks Joe.

Do you know if there will be an option for a plain shirt for kids?

Nothing on that yet, although I'd imagine with enough backlash they'll probably fold on that. TW, whilst understandably annoying some due to the nature of their brand, are a Blackburn based company who do genuinely care. They'll be happy enough with the 73 live Sky TV games, so would imagine they'd be happy for club to sell sponsorless kids shirts if pressed on it.

It is easy to blame Rovers for everything; what do expect them to do part way through the season if payments have not been forthcoming?
Whilst I am no fan of that vaping stuff I am pleased that SW has made a deal until the end of this season.  Well done Steve 👏👏

‘Lancs Live understands that Recoverite had not maintained payment to the club and that a settlement fee has been agreed between both parties for the contract to be terminated.’

Edited by Bad Boy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Craigman said:

''Whilst Rovers are disappointed that the partnership has come to an end prematurely, particularly with such an exciting second half of the season in store, the club is delighted to enhance its close relationship with training wear partner Totally Wicked'

So, vaping is training for real fags? 🙄

45 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Decisions like that are made because Waggot is first and foremost a used car salesman 

Embarrassed to have that on my shirt. I was going to buy the yellow one to make up the three but I certainly won’t with “Totally Wiked” plastered on it. Cheap, tacky and not within the brand I want Rovers to be 

They always find a way to annoy you 

The yellow shirts sold out a while ago, so you’d have been struggling anyway 

29 minutes ago, DaveyB said:

The yellow shirts sold out a while ago, so you’d have been struggling anyway 

All of the shirts have been sold out since Christmas in M/L sizes, at least online as I was going to grab at least the away one but now can't. Last I looked the yellow one was still on Macron's website though.

Not a fan of the new sponsor at all, but if it's just temporary until the end of the season I can understand the reasoning to a degree. Shame really as recoverite was the most aesthetically pleasing sponsor we've had in a while.

As a clothing decorator myself, if they're going to allow fans a chance to get the new sponsor on their existing shirts, that can only mean a box transfer over the existing Recoverite logo.

There is a facility to peel off the Recoverite logo, but would leave glue marks anyway, thus meaning a logo without a white (or most probably black - as is their complete marketing colour palate) box would just look awful, as you'd still be able to see where the old logo was.

Also, unfortunately, the Recoverite logo was on two lines (with the snowflake logo above the text) meaning an even bigger black/white box needed to cover the existing logo.

Very rough guesses attached.

The black logo patch should look nice on the red/black away shirt, but will look rather jarring on the yellow 3rd kit I'd imagine.

As a side note, Rovers wore yellow away at Cardiff when they could/should have worn red and black.

Rovers record in the Red/Black halved away kit is P3 L3 Pts 0 (Blackpool away, QPR away and in the FA Cup Wigan away)

Whilst in yellow the record is P8 W4 D3 L1 Pts 15

I wonder if internally (maybe even the players) the yellow kit has almost become the choice away kit, due to results and superstitious staff/players......or maybe I'm reading too much into it? 😁

twrovers.jpg

tw2rovers.png

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

From what I’m told, allegedly there’s still a bill outstanding from Totally Wicked for the training range and stadium branding. If that was the case, I wonder how much - if anything - they’ve paid for this new sponsorship.

Rovers have had at least two key contacts leave during the Recoverite deal, so I suspect that’s not helped the relationship. I’m also told the initial deal included things that where “unachievable to deliver with Rovers skeleton staff”, I suspect there’s blame on both parts here.

• Like 1