BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Shirt sponsor

The big green box from Time computers wasn't exactly aesthetically pleasing, yet it didn't spoil the feeling of promotion or lifting the League Cup, nor the memories.

The whole situation has me thinking of Helen Lovejoy 😂

wont-somebody-please-think-of-the-children-think-of-the-children.gif

Edited by rog of the rovers
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm fairly sure that in years to come vaping will be deemed to be harmful in much the same way as smoking and that the Companies in question will face litigation.

It won't. Science trumps "I'm fairly sure" unless your research is showing something different?

Should try vaping @Oldgregg86! It's far healthier and proven effective smoking cessation device.

Anyway, whether you're pro vaping or not - I think we can all agree that the shirt looks absolutely bloody terrible.

Also hard to stop the superstitious nagging that changing the shirt affects our promotion juju.

• Like 4

A white box with Totally Wicked written in black would have looked better but oh well! 

or no box at all and white text with a black outline would have done the job nicely.

Clubs don't really have their sponsors in a box anymore so it would have been nice to hear that this was temporary. Not that important but it's spoiled what were 3 lovely kits this year.

I’m with vinjay on this

No rovers shirt should have a Red Devil on it. What next Gary Neville hotels on the sleeve . I’d rather burn the shirt I have or advertise meth or Lolita airways than stick that on the front 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

It won't. Science trumps "I'm fairly sure" unless your research is showing something different?

Should try vaping @Oldgregg86! It's far healthier and proven effective smoking cessation device.

Anyway, whether you're pro vaping or not - I think we can all agree that the shirt looks absolutely bloody terrible.

Also hard to stop the superstitious nagging that changing the shirt affects our promotion juju.

https://www.google.com/search?q=vaping crystalizing lungs&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-m

Have read of them all. Oil build up, crystal formation in lungs, immune respomse etc etc.

Science is not what every seems to think it is and is beset by many issues as a study can be designed to display any outcome. It is also limited by techniques and understanding and in this aspect we don't even know how the body functions. Basically it would seem clear and abundantly obvious that putting "things" in your lungs that they have not evolved to process isn't going to have a great outcome.  Pleasure rules and takes precedence over what your body truly needs, or what you truly need..

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=vaping crystalizing lungs&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-m

Have read of them all. Oil build up, crystal formation in lungs, immune respomse etc etc.

Science is not what every seems to think it is and is beset by many issues as a study can be designed to display any outcome. It is also limited by techniques and understanding and in this aspect we don't even know how the body functions. Basically it would seem clear and abundantly obvious that putting "things" in your lungs that they have not evolved to process isn't going to have a great outcome.  Pleasure rules and takes precedence over what your body truly needs, or what you truly need..

Lipoid Pneumonia has only been caused (once) by unregulated THC-carts sold under the counter in the USA. The testing and regulation involved in E-Liquid/device manufacture in this country means that just can't happen with normal vapes. It's impossible, they don't work the same way.

Of course "things" in the lungs are not as ideal as fresh mountain air, but you're probably safer with a vape in your mouth when walking down a busy gridlocked city street.

Anyway, I think everyone could bicker about this until the cows come home so I'll leave it there!

Edited by S8 & Blue

With a bit of care the TW sponsorship patch on the shirt could have been redesigned and cut to match the existing recoverite print shape/ space. Would have took about 10 mins to make it look ok rather than the rectangle block.

Devils head on top and company name beneath with the vinyl cut to shape.  Still would have had to have a background colour . One of th reasons why I think they have not done this is you need to be a lot more precise when applyng it compared to the rectangle block.

Can understand them not removing the recoverite print from existing shirts /shop stock , its time consuming and no guarantee of a 100% succesful outcome but as metioned above the over print could have been done better

But it is what it is and its only for a few months

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Lipoid Pneumonia has only been caused (once) by unregulated THC-carts sold under the counter in the USA. The testing and regulation involved in E-Liquid/device manufacture in this country means that just can't happen with normal vapes. It's impossible, they don't work the same way.

Of course "things" in the lungs are not as ideal as fresh mountain air, but you're probably safer with a vape in your mouth when walking down a busy gridlocked city street.

Anyway, I think everyone could bicker about this until the cows come home so I'll leave it there!

Seriously kid, there is no way in hell putting oil in your lungs is a good thing.

They should not be sponsoring Rovers or club, especially given cigarettes and alcohol are banned.

Defo not gonna buy this shirt.

Just now, Ulrich said:

Seriously kid, there is no way in hell putting oil in your lungs is a good thing.

They should not be sponsoring Rovers or club, especially given cigarettes and alcohol are banned.

Defo not gonna buy this shirt.

Good job they don't contain oil then innit.

Shirt is a shocker though. I tried to jump on yesterday as soon as it was announced to buy a "recoverite" one before they changed it, but they'd already done them all 😤

4 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

"Science" didn't realise corona virus was airborne and thought it merely settled on hard surfaces before the start of the pandemic.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

"Science" didn't realise corona virus was airborne and thought it merely settled on hard surfaces before the start of the pandemic.

That would be a good point, if it were true.

(WHO technical guidance from 10th Jan 2020 - "Based on experience with SARS and MERS and known modes of transmission of respiratory viruses, infection and prevention control guidance were published to protect health workers recommending droplet and contact precautions when caring for patients, and airborne precautions for aerosol generating procedures conducted by health workers.")

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

What a load of rubbish. You probably might as well put your mouth round a car exhaust.

Honestly. The things people will say to try and justify their addictions.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

That would be a good point, if it were true.

(WHO technical guidance from 10th Jan 2020 - "Based on experience with SARS and MERS and known modes of transmission of respiratory viruses, infection and prevention control guidance were published to protect health workers recommending droplet and contact precautions when caring for patients, and airborne precautions for aerosol generating procedures conducted by health workers.")

Not sure what "aerosol generating procedures conducted by health workers" means in plain English but the fact remains that social distancing of 2 m was deemed to be adequate to prevent transmission of the virus at one point and that patently wasn't correct.

Anyhow, not vaping is less dangerous than vaping and the patched up kit looks a right mess.

Not sure how anyone could argue with that.

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What a load of rubbish. You probably might as well put your mouth round a car exhaust.

Honestly. The things people will say to try and justify their addictions.

The point of that sentence is that airborne car pollution is far more damaging to health than an inert glycerine based vapour.

Uninformed emotional responses to things people don’t fully understand??? On the internet????!! 😱🤣

Agree on the shirt of course! 💙💙

• Like 1

Rovers know the feeling will be generally negative with having a vaping company as main kit sponsor.

When Recoverite was announced there was a lot of description who they were and what they did on the website press release.

Neither the club or Totally Wicked make any mention at all of what the company do on yesterdays post on the website. That’s pretty telling.

6 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Good job they don't contain oil then innit.

Shirt is a shocker though. I tried to jump on yesterday as soon as it was announced to buy a "recoverite" one before they changed it, but they'd already done them all 😤

Nitpicking over trivial words as opposed to debating the pletheroa of info out there saying you are wrong and they are dangerous to your health.  I'm quite happy to wait till they have been being used for decades by people due to their addiction and the truth comes out ala cigarettes.  There's not a soul on the planet that can tell you what will happen to you after prolonged use and remember these companies don't give a rats ass about you or your health they want addicts like you as it makes them rich.....

59 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Nitpicking over trivial words as opposed to debating the pletheroa of info out there saying you are wrong and they are dangerous to your health.  I'm quite happy to wait till they have been being used for decades by people due to their addiction and the truth comes out ala cigarettes.  There's not a soul on the planet that can tell you what will happen to you after prolonged use and remember these companies don't give a rats ass about you or your health they want addicts like you as it makes them rich.....

Like vaccines?

Just because you don’t know what’s in them and how that affects the body short term/long term doesn’t mean other people don’t know.

Anyway shirt is shit and it’s ruined any chance of promotion.

3 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Like vaccines?

Just because you don’t know what’s in them and how that affects the body short term/long term doesn’t mean other people don’t know.

Anyway shirt is shit and it’s ruined any chance of promotion.

Deflection to another topic IE vaccines is just distraction from the point as you don't like it or know it is valid.

So tell me S8 who does know how they effect you long term over decades?  have they been about for 40 years being tested on people prior to release for sale?  Or have they tested it for a few weeks under the usual pathetic rules and then claimed to be safe?  The answer is the later as you well know.  Vaping is being shown to be dangerous to your health, we as a club now endorse that, but because you're a vaper it's OK.  Mmmmm  New Zealand has the right about smoking etc, more countries should follow them.

Shocking choice by the club

While it’s not the ideal choice for a sponsor, it’s good that a growing local business wants to be involved with the club.

I use vaping products, I know I’d be better off not doing, but they’ve helped me kick a much more dangerous, costly and anti-social habit of nearly 20 years. I am glad their logo isn’t on the kids shirt, and even though I took one, I don’t think they should be dishing out samples of their products before games as was the case a few years back.

As usual, people are mentioning Eurogarages, like they always do when sponsorship and ownership crop up. It’s as boring as it is predictable. Clearly they aren’t bothered, unlike the folks at Totally Wicked who have been involved for a few years now. I find the tax avoidance tactics of the Issa brothers more objectionable than anything about Totally Wicked to be honest.

19 hours ago, Hasta said:

Rovers know the feeling will be generally negative with having a vaping company as main kit sponsor.

When Recoverite was announced there was a lot of description who they were and what they did on the website press release.

Neither the club or Totally Wicked make any mention at all of what the company do on yesterdays post on the website. That’s pretty telling.

Some may even think TW do/ produce training wear:

"the club is delighted to enhance its close relationship with training wear partner Totally Wicked''