BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Shirt sponsor

40 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Don't get into deals with these sort of companies.

Seemed strange to say the least when we announced Recoverite as our main sponsor - an Australian firm with no presence in the UK.

Then again since Venkys arrived I'd go as far as to say the only decent shirt sponsor we have had was Dafabet. This was a substantial deal by all accounts with an established player in English football who have also sponsored Everton, Dingles and others.

That particular one was the brainchild of Dave Biggar (Commercial Director, ex Everton).

Other than that we've had a frankly woeful run of shirt sponsors. Crown Paints dropped us, then we had the Princes Trust (because nobody would pay to go on our shirts), then short term deals with RFS, Probiz, Recoverite and now Totally Wicked, along with the strange case of Zebra Finance.

No coincidence that these sort of companies get nowhere near sponsorship of rival clubs who have the expertise to source better.

Then we come back to the situation we have had now for 4 years of having no Commercial Director and the proof is in the pudding with this sort of thing going on and only 'used car salesman' Waggott to sort it out. A club of this size, seeking a sponsor to adorn our world famous shirts, should have much better.

Then we come back to FFP and once again scant evidence of anyone at the club actually taking this seriously - if FFP was such a major issue then shirt sponsorship is a major route to generating funds yet it is treated like an irritation.

Finally it comes back to the lack of shirts available in the club shop. Frequently I see people sending tweets to Rovers asking when new stock will be in the shop (no response) and apparently most average sizes have been out of stock in all 3 kits for nearly 2 months now with no plan to restock. That is ridculous.

A potential promotion season and no kits left to sell in November. No wonder we can't attract sponsors is it? If you were being asked to put millions into the club in return for having your name on the front of the kits you would want as many kits as possible selling to maximise your audience. Why would anyone serious put money up if the club can't even get its stock levels right?

We ran out of shirts in August, then on the run up to Christmas and now again, with no more expected for the run in when interest is ramping up big time in the club.

Though, I shouldn’t moan as this *actually* is an example of ‘excellent stock management’, according to those posters that are now sharing many a brew with Waggott et al down Ewood…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

''Whilst Rovers are disappointed that the partnership has come to an end prematurely, particularly with such an exciting second half of the season in store, the club is delighted to enhance its close relationship with training wear partner Totally Wicked'

So, vaping is training for real fags? 🙄

They used Colin to advertise the shirt pre season.

someone better get garner and Tugay on the blower 😂

• Like 1

Just in the nick of time for us being on Sky every week for the promotion run in we are going to turn out in that mess.

Poor. Really poor.

Granted if there are issues at Recoverites end those may be of no fault on Rovers' part but even so slapping a big black vaping sticker over the top of the Recoverite logo and expecting people to pay full whack for it is poor stuff.

I still haven't seen anything official about the new logo replacement on shirts from the club. Surely Waggott or Fielder could just let us know what is happening through the official channels rather than seeing it from a local journalist.

Surely the moral of the story is do your due diligence and get a decent sponsor in the first place?

Also I may be naive but I always assumed that sponsorship was paid up in advance or at least on an annual basis etc?

I wonder how much revenue we've missed out on and how far behind they were with payments? Sounds like they were almost drip feeding it into the Club on a monthly basis on the never never.

As for the new choice of sponsor, words fail me, but then we've already got it on the training kit so why bother I suppose?

Another Waggott special.

• Like 2

Where to start with this!

Firstly - the actual issue is another knock on from pandemic, according to Recoverite (it would seem).

The choice of sponsor isn’t a problem for me, vaping is far healthier than smoking and is partly an aid to quit whilst cigarettes are still legal. Much prefer a local company too, over a big betting / alcohol / some government dodgy donor like Randox.

The timing obviously isn’t great, but surely to god, someone at the club must’ve flagged those horrendous shirts before signing off?

You can literally see the other logo below! 

In a time when were about to have a run of being on TV for a month, surely something else could’ve been organised and in a more professional manner?

• Like 2

Professional? A company ran by Waggot? You’ve got to be joking man 

There has to be some sort of contractual clause about non-payment too. We should be able to sue the backside off Recoverite and have enough money to use a charity sponsor or something

It can’t be that desperate we need some shoddy two-bit company to poorly patch over the sponsorship logo. Surely to Christ we can recover loss and expense of shirts bought and not sold from Recoverite and surely we aren’t that desperate that we need to immediately get a new sponsor in 

Id much rather see the Community Trust patched over than that crap 💩🤢

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tom said:

Who wouldn’t want this patch of class on their shirt? 

Well even if they get new stock that has taken what was a must-buy shirt and put it in the never-in-a-million-years category. That's ghastly, and that's the shirt it should fit best in theory. I can't imagine how tragic the other two will look. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
39 minutes ago, JBiz said:

The choice of sponsor isn’t a problem for me, vaping is far healthier than smoking and is partly an aid to quit whilst cigarettes are still legal.

Thought it was just me. Quite surprised by the negative reaction tbh.

Vaping is way healthier (still issues with it, I get that), doesn't stink like fags, and is much, much cheaper so you hopefully minimise poorer households wasting extortionate amounts on cigarettes that are needed for other essentials like food and utilities. 

And is a vital stepping stage to people giving up totally. 

I do understand, (or have heard), the issue with all the fruity flavours and bright, funky colours encouraging the younger generations to take it up.

But what is people's major issue with it? The product itself or that the logo/branding is a bit naff?

Genuinely interested to know. Bit shocked by the general consensus. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, Silas said:

Vaping is way healthier (still issues with it, I get that), doesn't stink like fags, and is much, much cheaper so you hopefully minimise poorer households wasting extortionate amounts on cigarettes that are needed for other essentials like food and utilities. 

I do understand, (or have heard), the issue with all the fruity flavours and bright, funky colours encouraging the younger generations to take it up.

But what is people's major issue with it? The product itself or that the logo/branding is a bit naff?

Smoking was considered healthy once upon a time wasn’t it? Not convinced we know the full effects of vaping and social vapers yet 

I have particular issue with this one as the logo and branding looks to be aimed at younger people, lots of youngsters vape who probably never smoked to begin with.

On top of that the logo is shit and the patchwork job looks awful 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Silas said:

Only problem I have is that part in bold, as it’ll ultimately end up meaning people are addicted to nicotine without even ever smoking.

Similar to the alcopops, but I guess this probably is hypocritical, as I enjoy the odd bitter lemon IPA

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Smoking was considered healthy once upon a time wasn’t it? Not convinced we know the full effects of vaping and social vapers yet 

I have particular issue with this one as the logo and branding looks to be aimed at younger people, lots of youngsters vape who probably never smoked to begin with.

On top of that the logo is shit and the patchwork job looks awful 

I wonder if Dacky and Diaz will be making vaping promos.....proper little session out fishing like....wicked.