BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (a) - 29/1/22

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Sweet Jesus, let me state the obvious.

We all want a win.

Some are considering a ground where we have never won a league game, some are considering our playing a shithouse opposition etc etc etc etc.

When I want to join the Automatic Rah Rah Club I'll send a postcard to you and your mate.

You're missing the point entirely.

Every single game between now and the end of the season are "must win" games. (unless we get to 12 wins first and with the possible exception of Fulham away)

The team can't afford to go into any game thinking "I'll settle for a point today" so I'm not sure why any of us supporters should think any differently.

If however that's what transpires after we've given it our all and as long as we've left everything out on the pitch so be it.

Any game we draw from hereon in should be considered a poor result though and not something we'd be happy with before kick off.

• Like 3

To be fair, a ‘must win’ would only be if not doing so would mean you can’t get in the top two/play offs/get out of the relegation zone as a result.

Games in January aren’t ‘must win’, though of course we shouldn’t be settling for a point against the likes of Luton Town when sitting second…

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Games in January aren’t ‘must win’, though of course we shouldn’t be settling for a point against the likes of Luton Town when sitting second…

Exactly! 👍

Also, in general, we shouldn't be happy with a point anywhere although of course in practice we will have the odd slip up or two.

Just hopefully no more than six or seven though! (assuming we get the odd draw as well)

6 hours ago, WacoRover said:

We need to beat these guys on their ground.  Anything less, somehow, I would not bet on us for automatic promotion, and maybe not for a playoff spot. We rationalize a single point vs Luton, we could do it in any game. 

I trust our guys to be ready. I trust Tony will pick the best 11 available. COYB!

Let’s not lose perspective. Bournemouth lost there and they’re still very much auto contenders. I hope we win but Luton are in good form and are strong at home. We shouldn’t be aiming for it but a draw there is far from a disaster

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Course they will, the away support is superb.

My point being, the fans that have made the away support so good, are they the ones that have got tickets. There is a responsibility for the ones that have got tickets to make their presence known. I have every faith this will happen. 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Our away support is a credit to the club. They always travel in great numbers and make lots of noise.

(I’m sure someone will highlight there are dickheads amongst our fan base, but that’s also true of every club!)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, rigger said:

My point being, the fans that have made the away support so good, are they the ones that have got tickets. There is a responsibility for the ones that have got tickets to make their presence known. I have every faith this will happen. 

The ones who should get tickets are those who have been to the most games this season whether they shout and sing or not.

Plenty of loud folk only turn up when things are good.

Rovers should have restricted ticket sales to season ticket holders with minimum 2 or 3 away tickets on their database to prioritise those most committed instead of opening it up to all season ticket holders from the start.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The ones who should get tickets are those who have been to the most games this season whether they shout and sing or not.

Plenty of loud folk only turn up when things are good.

Rovers should have restricted ticket sales to season ticket holders with minimum 2 or 3 away tickets on their database to prioritise those most committed instead of opening it up to all season ticket holders from the start.

I think it was naivety from the ticket office. They probably saw this game like a Bournemouth one, just after Christmas, fair distance etc.

Wont have crossed there minds that we have only played there once in the last 40 years where fans have been allowed and a lot would want to tick the ground off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

I think it was naivety from the ticket office. They probably saw this game like a Bournemouth one, just after Christmas, fair distance etc.

Wont have crossed there minds that we have only played there once in the last 40 years where fans have been allowed and a lot would want to tick the ground off.

Top of the league, Saturday 3pm, tiny allocation, big interest from southern based fans, only played there once (with fans) in decades… 

Yet nobody at Ewood seemingly spotted there may be big demand. Naive is putting it mildly, shows once again that a lot of folk working down there don’t really understand their own fanbase and what factors create big demand for Rovers away games.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Rest assured, 7 of my pals and myself will be singing our heads off at Kenilworth Road!

I agree with the comments regarding ticket sales for the game...There's a group of a dozen of us who attend almost every game home and away. 4 of them weren't quick enough off the mark on the first day they were on sale at Ewood and missed out.

They've all managed to buy tickets sat amongst our Bedfordshire cousins!😉

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Rest assured, 7 of my pals and myself will be singing our heads off at Kenilworth Road!

I agree with the comments regarding ticket sales for the game...There's a group of a dozen of us who attend almost every game home and away. 4 of them weren't quick enough off the mark on the first day they were on sale at Ewood and missed out.

They've all managed to buy tickets sat amongst our Bedfordshire cousins!😉

They won't be on their own.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Noticed on their website that they are saying ‘Must now have a buying history to buy a ticket for tomorrow’… so they’ve probably twigged that there will be a fair few non regulars in there.

They where a lot slower on the uptake than Blackpool.

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Noticed on their website that they are saying ‘Must now have a buying history to buy a ticket for tomorrow’… so they’ve probably twigged that there will be a fair few non regulars in there.

It's London based Rovers contingent Matty.......all have London postcode addresses and hardly any are Rovers season ticket holders for obvious reasons.

COYB (from 3 sides of the ground)!!!

Surprised there are still tickets in the home ends at Luton a day before a game. I was under the impression it was a sell out or close to almost every week there with a meagre <10,000 capacity of which over 1,000 is away fans and segregation.

1 nil win for me. Luton have conceded at least one goal in their last 6 at home. 3 of our last 4 away we've managed a clean sheet. Unfortunately that bloody Hull game isn't forgotten about just yet and we know we've always got one of them performances in us (like most clubs around us too).

Zeefuik to smash one in the top corner after a mazy run following his introduction in the 65th minute 💙🤍

• Like 2