BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (a) - 29/1/22

50 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

1 nil win for me. Luton have conceded at least one goal in their last 6 at home. 3 of our last 4 away we've managed a clean sheet. Unfortunately that bloody Hull game isn't forgotten about just yet and we know we've always got one of them performances in us (like most clubs around us too).

Zeefuik to smash one in the top corner after a mazy run following his introduction in the 65th minute 💙🤍

Last 5 matches, they've played some strugglers.

Blackpool 0 Luton 3
Luton 3 Bournemouth 2
Reading 0 Luton 2
Sheff Utd 2 Luton 0
Luton 2 Bristol 1

Adebayo scored in 3 of the 5. Not sure if he's playing.

https://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/football/luton-town/jones-taking-it-day-by-day-over-injuries-to-hatters-trio-while-he-wont-be-afraid-to-rest-adebayo-again-if-required-3544992

This game will be won or lost by our defence. Luton are one of the top scorers in the league. Only four teams have scored more than them and all those teams have played more games than them.

However, our defence has been a rock at times and we'll need them to be so again. If you take out the home Fulham game (just because it was such an aberration) then we have conceded just 23 goals in 27 games. This looks like it will be a tight game. A goalless draw or the single goal to win for either side seem to be the wisest betting options.

Watch it be a 5-4 thriller now!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I would imagine it’ll be the same team as Boro if Rothwell is playing silly buggers. Johnson isn’t the worst player for this match given his size and aerial ability. Still think TM may bring in Ayala.

The form Rothwells in it's hard leaving him on the bench. He goes on some dazzling runs, pity he can't finish one off with a goal.

Well I'm up earlier than anticipated, so may as well stay up.....I'm on the train 'out of Dodge' at 6.24am!

I'm looking forward to today, last time at Kenilworth Road being some forty odd years ago!

I fancy us to nick it.....2-1 Rovers and hanging on for grim death at 4.45pm! (It just wouldn't be our Rovers otherwise!)

COYB!!!

ps Diaz is back for next week, Brereton stayed in South America!😉

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 4

At the start of the season we were planning to go to kennilworth road on a beano had a good crack there for sambas debut in a 4 or 5-0 cup win 15 ish years ago. Didn’t think there’d be a scenario at the end of Jan where would sell 1,000 to season ticket holders in a day.

• Like 1

I’d like to see us play SG through the middle. 

Kaminski

Lenihan   Van Hecke  Wharton

Naymbe.                                           Edun

Travis. 
Zeefuik.             Buckley.              Khadra        
                             Gally

put Buckley in Rothwells spot move Gally central and let Zeefuik loose on the right wing. Could also see Ayala getting a chance as his areal ability on a small pitch could be helpful. 

• Like 1

I think the only change I'd consider is buckley into centre mid with travis (this may end up being a long term position, see transfer thread) 

That opens up room for another attacking slot somewhere. Perhaps Deyo on the right Gally through the middle, Butterworth if you really believed in him, dolan or dack if they were fit.

Saying that I wouldn't complain about davenport in for johnson either. 

2 hours ago, yankfan said:

I’d like to see us play SG through the middle. 

Kaminski

Lenihan   Van Hecke  Wharton

Naymbe.                                           Edun

Travis. 
Zeefuik.             Buckley.              Khadra        
                             Gally

put Buckley in Rothwells spot move Gally central and let Zeefuik loose on the right wing. Could also see Ayala getting a chance as his areal ability on a small pitch could be helpful. 

A bit weak defensively down the left? Wharton exposed?

13 minutes ago, Bad Boy said:

8 of us just setting off by minibus from Preston.  For 6 of them it is their 1st away game.  I could not understand why tickets were not sold on the basis of away tickets purchased.  Ah well.

COYB

Because if there is a way to upset supporters, the present decission makers at the Rovers will find it.

4 minutes ago, superniko said:

Hope the lucky 1,000 enjoy themselves and get the result to boot. 
It feels like a massive game with Bournemouth playing bottom of the league and Rovers having a free hit against Swansea next week. 

I may be missing something here, but why is it a free hit against Swansea ?

Edited by rigger

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

I may be missing something here, but why is it a free hit against Swansea ?

Maybe free hit was the wrong wording. But Bournemouth are playing in the FA Cup that weekend. It allows us to stretch the gap to 6 points (9 if we win and they lose today), put some heavy pressure on their games in hand 

39 minutes ago, rigger said:

Because if there is a way to upset supporters, the present decission makers at the Rovers will find it.

That’s a cheap shot. 

Ive missed out like most but have no issue with the club selling to ST holders first. Whatever the system, when there are only 1000 away tickets, someone is going to lose out. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

That’s a cheap shot. 

Ive missed out like most but have no issue with the club selling to ST holders first. Whatever the system, when there are only 1000 away tickets, someone is going to lose out. 

15 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

That’s a cheap shot. 

If I were in charge of allocating tickets, I would have given preference to season ticket holders with a record of buying away tickets. Then to season ticket holders with no record of buying away tickets. Then on open sale. The Rovers may have done this, I don't know. But information to say that this would be the order of ticket release should have been given.