BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

5 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

Historically, deadline day has only been frustrating and disappointing when we haven't made any window signings. 

We have made signings, and we are just trying to see what falls into place in terms of adding one more by midnight, but that will be a bonus. 

I would keep Davenport as attacking cover, as he has looked good off the bench in our winning run. 

Johnson will do a better job than posters think, as we get to the sharp end. 

We can do this, but a lot depends on the form of Khadra and Ben....

Butterworth as attacking cover you mean. Johnson's legs are gone imo. Still great for bringing on in last 20 minutes to see out a game though.

15 minutes ago, benhben said:

Bournemouth have strengthened massively this window. Simply can't compete with what they've done. 

Hopefully we keep it up on the pitch. Their wage bill must be massive for championship  

I know that Bournemouth have signed players but they’re still only allowed to play 11 at a time and I think it’s a distinct advantage when they all know each others’ names.

• Like 4

What frustrates me is before Edun gets injured we are not going in the market for a LB. So were we not going to sign anyone today?

All this talk of a player from abroad? A striker? A midfielder? These positions need addressing. Happy with the windows business? Yes. But just sick of the mixed messages coming out of the club. Happens every time window!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Butterworth nowhere good enough for a top championship side...must be better strikers out there....

i`ve noticed that sometimes he does`nt appear to be to be to enamoured effort wise,he`s either seriously slow or just not quick enough in the mind football wise,at this level you can`t hide unfortunately

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Respectfully and joking aside, have you been on the pop?

Do you recall a pandemic, no home games and no revenue/income for 18 months?

The owners have stuck another £35 million in of their own brass to prop us up during this time, apart from Armstrong we've sold nobody since, we're second in the league, have signed several additional players in January to strengthen the squad (and maybe more to come) and you're still fucking moaning about mismanagement and lack of owner support?!

What do you/did you expect btw?...I sincerely hope you're a season ticket holder too btw!!

Frustrated by today....sorry....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rigger said:

Chapman, Khadra, Gallagher, Hedges

Gallagher and Khadra are injured.

Chapman and Khadra are midfielders. Hedges is a winger. Gallagher rarely gets played as a striker.

We've got Brereton and Butterworth.

12 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Respectfully and joking aside, have you been on the pop?

Do you recall a pandemic, no home games and no revenue/income for 18 months?

The owners have stuck another £35 million in of their own brass to prop us up during this time, apart from Armstrong we've sold nobody since, we're second in the league, have signed several additional players in January to strengthen the squad (and maybe more to come) and you're still fucking moaning about mismanagement and lack of owner support?!

What do you/did you expect btw?...I sincerely hope you're a season ticket holder too btw!!

Did you expect us to be second in the league?

Did you expect us to sign a striker in summer once Armstrong left? 

1 minute ago, darrenrover said:

Some folk are just never satisfied!😉😀

It's touch and go but if it were to come off, it would give us all a massive lift and a serious statement of intent. 

Fingers crossed and I'm logging off now to avoid temptation/frustration getting the better of me, as I've been inclined to do in the past!

COYB!!!

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

Stop it Darren 😆

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

Dembele still available, I think?

Discussing the potential departure of Dembele earlier this week, Fry said: "There is no way we will sell him on transfer deadline day.

“Because that would give us no time to sign a replacement.”