BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

• Backroom

So here we are, nearly 10 am and so far Rothwell is having a lovely day out by the seaside but looks likely to be coming home tomorrow 

What do people expect the day to bring?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom said:

So here we are, nearly 10 am and so far Rothwell is having a lovely day out by the seaside but looks likely to be coming home tomorrow 

What do people expect the day to bring?

I'm not too sure he is in Bouremouth, hearing he will be at our training ground

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19886552.blackburn-rovers-stand-firm-bournemouth-call-off-joe-rothwell-pursuit/

I think you're right, due to train this afternoon according to the above article

Edited by TheRevAshton

Will adding 5-6 players in january really help the squad? There is no pre-season to gel as a team and I think more often than not I have seen stable teams get upended by incoming players. Like I've said before this day (to me) is all about keeping our key players. Not to bothered about incoming players as we seem to do ok with the ones we've got even though the squad is thin.

In other news I really wish this january-transfer-window nonsense would end - re: Bournemouth and Rothwell. It gives bigger clubs a chance to unsettle players at other clubs all while the games comes thick and thin in january. In my view, if you want to have a transfer windows in january then at the same time stop all league games between january 1st to 31st. Would probably change the entire dynamic of the window, more transfers done early on and no more nonsense with key players getting "unsettled". It would also give teams an opportunity to change things up with new players if they wanted to. Just my two cents. Rip me a new one...

• Like 2

Where did all this mi-information come from yesterday? Bid accepted, Rothwell down in Bournemouth ready to sign...instead no bid accepted and probably around the training ground today.

Great move by the club to keep him. What is £3m worth to a club for one of your best players when you're going for promotion. It's peanuts. 

• Like 8

Well for now, I am heading off into the wilds of wigan where I shall indulge in a decent spud pie, a nice cup of coffee and some fresh air. Afternoon wise, chilling out with some work reading and relaxing until football later this evening over at Rawtenstall. Should be back home for 830pm, tea then the last few hours catching up on what has, what hasnt, what could have and what didnt happen. Enjoy your day folks

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Right now, I would blame Tony for going public with this nonsense, there was no need.  

To be fair, I agree. If no bids have been accepted then this should have stayed in house. 

O’Rourke broke the news regarding the bid so wide of the mark from him.

Edited by magicalmortensleftpeg
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Right now, I would blame Tony for going public with this nonsense, there was no need.  

I don't see what Mowbray did wrong Rothwell had requested to speak to another club his agent has probably fed him some bulls*it that Bournemouth wanted him and he would be given X amount more than he is on.  We are playing Luton away a team full of Sh*thouses is Rothwell going to be busting a gut and putting his balls on the line no.  Mowbray gets asked why he wasnt playing expains the reason and takes the hit and says he told him to stay at home and not play he could easily have come out and said he refused to play which i wouldnt be surprised

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, moerpho said:

Will adding 5-6 players in january really help the squad? There is no pre-season to gel as a team and I think more often than not I have seen stable teams get upended by incoming players. Like I've said before this day (to me) is all about keeping our key players. Not to bothered about incoming players as we seem to do ok with the ones we've got even though the squad is thin.

Not sure they can upset the team if they're coming in to shore up our massive injury problems. I'd agree if we had a fully fit squad though.

1 minute ago, CD_93 said:

This board is so paranoid about our manager.

It’s pretty clear that Bournemouth pulled out of the deal. That article is intentionally vague, it doesn’t say that Bournemouth’s offer was rejected (like it should have been). It’s a spin piece. However if our fans actually believe it then job done I suppose.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Tormund said:

O’Rourke wasn’t so reliable after all then?

I'd still tend to believe that version of events. Even Sharpe acknowledged that Bournemouth passed on Rothwell in favour of Moore, which doesn't suggest their bid was rejected.

21 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

To be fair mate, yesterday it looked like I was right and you where wrong, but here’s the ‘latest’ I’ve just been sent:

Rovers played silly buggers. Same situation as Rhodes. Rothwell on his way down south, not quite in Bournemouth. Coming back now.

So you where right… again! Fair play.

• Like 1