BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

1 minute ago, 47er said:

I can’t help feeling no-one comes out of this well. We should have made a decision early and stuck to it as in “Joe you’re not going till summer and that’s it”.

Yes. If this line was stuck to throughout the window by everyone at the club then we wouldn’t be in this situation. Amateur hour once again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The point I was trying to make is that Edun could be injured after he limped off on Saturday. That leaves us with either JRC or the new right back to fill it at left back, neither an ideal choice.

Ah right, fair enough. I thought I'd read that Tony thinks Edun and Gallagher will be back next week anyway, but it would be good to have that cover there rather than force JRC for sure.

4 minutes ago, 47er said:

But if he’s unsettled and the rest of the team are pissed off with him, then the “all in this together attitude” that’s taken us so far has gone.

I can’t help feeling no-one comes out of this well. We should have made a decision early and stuck to it as in “Joe you’re not going till summer and that’s it”.

Seems like the owners did but either it wasn’t communicated strongly enough or someone didn’t take enough notice.

This might well be a determining episode in our season and hard to recover from. Will take a huge piece of man management to achieve our goal now, I hope everyones up for it.

Mate...its football, these lads are adults not children. Besides, alot of them are pals so i doubt it will unsettle us...If anything, Rothwell has a point to prove to not only us, but other clubs watching him for a move in summer.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 47er said:

But if he’s unsettled and the rest of the team are pissed off with him, then the “all in this together attitude” that’s taken us so far has gone.

Seems like the owners did but either it wasn’t communicated strongly enough or someone didn’t take enough notice.

This might well be a determining episode in our season and hard to recover from. Will take a huge piece of man management to achieve our goal now, I hope everyones up for it.

I don't think the players will care tbh, they know how it works. The only people annoyed are the fans as we feel everyone should be loyal to us but football doesn't work like that. They follow the money, just as most of our do in our own careers. 

Plus, there's a big jackpot for all the players if they get promoted so he won't down tools. I'll be pleased to see him back in the starting 11 on Saturday. 

• Like 5

Wasn't Giles leading the league in assists at Cardiff? Would be a brilliant addition, and I'd be surprised if we pull it off.

The Wolves forum thought he'd be slotting straight into their matchday squad when he was recalled from Cardiff at the start of the month.

EDIT: it's a loan deal so far more realistic

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I never for one second thought that this rumour would have me seriously concerned that if it happens we would be  f7cked. What a season this has been.. 

Imagine who we would end up with!

Someone better?

1 minute ago, superniko said:

Wasn't Giles leading the league in assists at Cardiff? Would be a brilliant addition, and I'd be surprised if we pull it off.

The Wolves forum thought he'd be slotting straight into their matchday squad when he was recalled from Cardiff at the start of the month.

On paper he's a near perfect (realistic) loan signing. Can slot in at LWB which short term is a real issue for us, and then gives us loads of options elsewhere once we get a couple of troops back. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

What?

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

whats he said or done lol

Liked a social media post which finished by saying 'Tell Rothwell to f*ck off'. Since been deleted though, and to be charitable most of the post was just praising Trav/Rovers, so there's a chance he liked it without reading to the end!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I’m expecting Joe Rothwell to stay, Ryan Giles on loan until end of the season (quality signing btw which I feel is going a little under appreciated) and a late move for a forward which will collapse at the 11th hour…

This is exactly what I predict. Healy or similar will be rumoured later today, and then it'll just fall away.

I was really hoping for one big(ish) deal to try to get us over the line this season. Come on Rovers...best chance in a decade to return to the promised land.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Liked a social media post which finished by saying 'Tell Rothwell to f*ck off'. Since been deleted though, and to be charitable most of the post was just praising Trav/Rovers, so there's a chance he liked it without reading to the end!

That was yesterday though, Den said this morning.

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

This is exactly what I predict. Healy or similar will be rumoured later today, and then it'll just fall away.

I was really hoping for one big(ish) deal to try to get us over the line this season. Come on Rovers...best chance in a decade to return to the promised land.

Yes, the one I’m really hoping for is Ejaria from Reading. Would be an excellent wildcard/gamechanger for the squad.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Anybody else get the feeling that they really wanted Cantwell all along and Rothwell was just a back up option if that fell through ? Once they got Cantwell in it was “ Thanks for coming Joe “.  I’m not buying it was a choice between Moore and Rothwell.

The feeling I get is that they were just fucking with us. They didn't have to spend a penny and they've unsettled one of our key players and probably the squad harmony.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

I'd still tend to believe that version of events. Even Sharpe acknowledged that Bournemouth passed on Rothwell in favour of Moore, which doesn't suggest their bid was rejected.

So they've unsettled a player and moved on.

Absolute bullshit from that tin pot club.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I’m expecting Joe Rothwell to stay, Ryan Giles on loan until end of the season (quality signing btw which I feel is going a little under appreciated) and a late move for a forward which will collapse at the 11th hour…

I can definitely envisage that. I think Giles and a forward of the right quality (assuming Rothwell stays) would actually be pretty good business to be honest. That would mean four players being brought in to compete for the first team - five if you include Markanday - with no genuine first teamers leaving.

I know we're stretched at the moment, but it's easy to see us about a month down the line a scenario with Pickering, Brereton, Dolan, Dack, Gally, maybe Edun and Khadra all being available. All of a sudden our problem could be having too many options rather than too few, which if last season is anything to go by is not necessarily a good thing!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

Personally can only see us loaning Giles.

Would have been interesting to see who TM was looking at buying with the Rothwell money... a tough road back for Joe!

If Joe earns his place in our promotion team, I will cheer him. I wonder if he will be turning out for the U23s on Friday, or the first team on Saturday ? 

• Like 1

Have to say on this occasion if he stays that we put it behind us asap. Get him in the squad and see what happens in the summer. The lad obviously paniced and felt a 3/4 year deal on very good money was too good to turn down. Time was ticking on a move too. 

I'd play him and wouldn't boo given what's at stake this season. Understand if others feel different and are entitled to hold the grudge.

Also it's time to throw our weight around a bit, we haven't been this attractive in a long time we are second on the table and have a very good chance at premier League football. Time to bully some of the other clubs in the league and take some of their prize assets. We've had it done to us for years. Not optimistic we will but get the cheque book out and get a few quality additions in the door.

• Like 7