BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

1 hour ago, 47er said:

But if he’s unsettled and the rest of the team are pissed off with him, then the “all in this together attitude” that’s taken us so far has gone.

I can’t help feeling no-one comes out of this well. We should have made a decision early and stuck to it as in “Joe you’re not going till summer and that’s it”.

Seems like the owners did but either it wasn’t communicated strongly enough or someone didn’t take enough notice.

This might well be a determining episode in our season and hard to recover from. Will take a huge piece of man management to achieve our goal now, I hope everyones up for it.

They are all professionals, they have to play to the best of their ability, they don't have to like each other. 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

There's a cautionary tale here for Rothwell, if he's willing to heed it. Turned out Bournemouth weren't keen enough to get the deal done, they just wanted him because they thought he'd be cheap and unsettle a rival.

The grass isn't always greener, Joe. Now pull your socks up, get us promoted and boost your career prospects beyond some tinpot club.

I bet his missus is absolutely fuming this morning.

LOL. Love it.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Have to say on this occasion if he stays that we put it behind us asap. Get him in the squad and see what happens in the summer. The lad obviously paniced and felt a 3/4 year deal on very good money was too good to turn down. Time was ticking on a move too. 

I'd play him and wouldn't boo given what's at stake this season. Understand if others feel different and are entitled to hold the grudge.

Also it's time to throw our weight around a bit, we haven't been this attractive in a long time we are second on the table and have a very good chance at premier League football. Time to bully some of the other clubs in the league and take some of their prize assets. We've had it done to us for years. Not optimistic we will but get the cheque book out and get a few quality additions in the door.

What's a cheque book ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I wouldn’t want him due to his history with that lot, but Hendrick is supposedly off to our promotion rivals Boro. That’s a very decent signing for our level.

Na we were miles above them with 3 of our starting XI out. They’ll need more than him.

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

I think we can be better than implying his wife is a nefarious money grabber pulling his strings!

I absolutely agree. Unless anyone can evidence it, we’re not allowing it. 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Have to say on this occasion if he stays that we put it behind us asap. Get him in the squad and see what happens in the summer. The lad obviously paniced and felt a 3/4 year deal on very good money was too good to turn down. Time was ticking on a move too. 

I'd play him and wouldn't boo given what's at stake this season. Understand if others feel different and are entitled to hold the grudge.

Also it's time to throw our weight around a bit, we haven't been this attractive in a long time we are second on the table and have a very good chance at premier League football. Time to bully some of the other clubs in the league and take some of their prize assets. We've had it done to us for years. Not optimistic we will but get the cheque book out and get a few quality additions in the door.

Yeh definately agree with the above. Its really time for everyone to act like adults. Get Joe back in the team, tell him no hard feelings, it is what it is etc. The offer of the new contract from us is still there but if I was Tony I'd be going back to him and pushing that if he really wants to go elsewhere he has a perfect opportunity here to show it to prospective teams, get the head down and get us over the line for promotion.

Could be thing that focuses the minds for all concerned.

As you said as well Bar, perfect time to get the chequebook out aswell. We seem to be "glamorous" again! We are on Sky regularly, people are talking about Blackburn getting promoted and the romantic notion of us being back in the premiership. It does feel like we have the sails behind us and would really be pushing out that message. It is probably too late in the day though so opportunity unfortunately missed as far as that goes.

After slating them forever though (and this may well go against the grain), fair play to the owners on refusing to budge on getting in a quick few million. Could have been the easiest option and then blame the player but they seemed to really want to hold out and were adamant on him not being sold

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, rigger said:

They are all professionals, they have to play to the best of their ability, they don't have to like each other. 

I did say in my post that the atmosphere within the squad has gone some way to getting us where we are now. It’s been commented on time after time on this board this season.

so suddenly it’s not a factor?

Just now, islander200 said:

Nat Phillips to Bournemouth on loan being mooted now.How many players do they want.

Hope they don't go up...

Feel like Bournemouth & Newcastle are in the same boat, collecting a group of undoubtedly good players however not building a team. Makes more sense in Newcastles situation however. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nat Phillips to Bournemouth on loan being mooted now.How many players do they want.

Hope they don't go up...

Yeah seems as though it was Phillips they wanted from Liverpool and not Williams as they have enough cover at RB. Detesting them more with every passing hour like you are by the sounds of it! 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yeah seems as though it was Phillips they wanted from Liverpool and not Williams as they have enough cover at RB. Detesting them more with every passing hour like you are by the sounds of it! 

Linked with both.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Covering all basis Bournemouth.

I think we'll only get Giles in, but we're still a midfielder and striker away from being able to stay the distance for the top 2 for me.

I still think play offs are the most realistic for us. Top 2 would be a phenomenal achievement. Hopefully we can get one or two in the door but at the beginning of Jan I’d have taken keeping hold of the squad with a couple of additions.

Interesting that there’s been no interest in Brereton even since his goal against Argentina (what a ridiculous statement). Can’t help but feel that him being in South America has helped us on that front although I doubt anyone would have met our valuation.