BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

Just now, rovers11 said:

All very quiet. Looking like Giles the only one coming in at the moment. Why have we let Maja go to Stoke?

Personally I think Maja would have been a bit too much of a gamble. If he broke down again we'd have had it.

If he plays for the rest of the season unhindered would be a different story but then again he'd be more expensive at that point I suppose.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Maybe they knew nothing was going to happen, made up a load of drama about rothwell and then tomorrow we can say " we kept hold of all our best players, that's a success in my eyes" 

Success in my eyes is winning on Saturday at Swansea.

I'm expecting 3 more, some deals will be on ice, as the selling clubs scramble for replacements. 

Its a race against time, 

Re Bournemouth, they have surplus players, its natural that we would ask during negotiations who can be make weights and who is available.

Not got any names, but know the question has been asked.

We also have money to spend on fees , if the wages can fit into the budget. 

Given the contracts not signed, we cannot break that pay structure and further de-rail morale

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Heard Ryan Longman is/ was lined up with the money from Rothwell  .. from Brighton … Hull want him too … permanent…

10 minutes ago, Tormund said:

Quality player.

1 minute ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Think he's signed for Hull now

Well that was short lived! 11 minutes from rumour to him signing somewhere else, is that a record?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

completely agree, but how unprofessional of Tony Mowbray to leak to the press about everything.

Mowbray isnt naive he knows what fans are like and knew theyd get this abuse.

Absolute nonsense. He was asked and said that Rothwell didnt want to be considered which ultimately he had to admit. He also went into detail about how he totally understands the situation, it is a considerable pay increase which can help to set him and his family up for life and that he once quadrupled his own wage during a transfer so showed empathy. I know you dont like Mowbray but lets not make out as if he fed Rothwell to the wolves.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

completely agree, but how unprofessional of Tony Mowbray to leak to the press about everything.

Mowbray isnt naive he knows what fans are like and knew theyd get this abuse.

Ridiculous post. People are responsible for their own actions and you can’t blame TM for letting this news out. I’m sure if nothing was said we’d have the same boring old crap from the same people about “silence from the club” or a “breakdown in communications”. Some people are so desperate to blame the manager for everything. It’s sometimes funny but it’s getting exasperating now. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Hypnotic said:

Ridiculous post. People are responsible for their own actions and you can’t blame TM for letting this news out. I’m sure if nothing was said we’d have the same boring old crap from the same people about “silence from the club” or a “breakdown in communications”. Some people are so desperate to blame the manager for everything. It’s sometimes funny but it’s getting exasperating now. 

It’s always someone else’s fault. Ridiculous mentality I agree….the people who are threatening Rothwells wife and children need to take a good look at themselves, first and foremost. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

The anti TM bias on here from some really does cloud the very valid doubts a lot of us still have over him. 

• Like 5